Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Moving back to the US  (Read 2670 times)

• Liked: 77
Moving back to the US
« on: August 22, 2022, 11:11:58 AM »
So a few procedural questions about the process of being able to move back to the US. I've been in the UK for almost 5 years and in a few months will be applying for my indefinite leave to remain, and then will seek UK citizenship. After that, though, I'm looking for us to move back to the States (perhaps for good, but perhaps not, hence the reason for sticking it out so I can get citizenship and will have the ability to 'come and go')...

My UK spouse is willing but has several concerns. I'm hoping someone can help with a few of these....

1) do we apply for my wife's visa while we're both in the UK? Or do I have to be there and "established" (ie, have a job, place to live) there first before we can apply? Or, lastly, can we enter the US and apply once we're there?

2) once my wife is in the US, how long would she have to wait before she could start working? When I entered the UK on the spousal visa, I had to wait until I had my national insurance number. How does the US do it?

3) my wife's daughter is 22. If we were to move, is there a process for her to move with us later down the road? I know with minors it's easy, but with her being older now is the process more difficult?

That's all I have for now. I will think of more but anything answered in the meantime is greatly appreciated.
Applied from Sin City, USA
Submitted online priority spouse visa Nov 2nd
Biometrics appointment completed Nov 6th
Package mailed to Sheffield Nov 6th
Received in Sheffield & e-mail received Nov 8th
Decision e-mail received Dec 5th
Approved or denied?    Approved!  Received Dec 7th

• Liked: 30
Re: Moving back to the US
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2023, 05:15:44 PM »
We applied from the UK and submitted the I-130
in November.

We found Boundless’ blog to be extremely helpful: https://www.boundless.com/immigration-resources/marriage-based-green-cards-explained/
Married in NI: 30 Dec 2016
Moved to NI: 30 May 2017
FLR(M): 22 April 2020
EUSS (pre):  21 Oct 2020
EUSS: 6 July 2022
Citizenship: 21 Dec 2022
US I-130: 16 December 2022

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab