Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Citizenship Application Procedure after ILR SET(M) - Reference Doc  (Read 13567 times)

• Liked: 248
Re: Citizenship Application Procedure after ILR SET(M) - Reference Doc
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2023, 10:49:40 AM »
Yesterday it was 18 weeks since my husband’s biometrics were taken.   We haven’t heard anything yet.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2023, 11:06:05 AM »
Yesterday it was 18 weeks since my husband’s biometrics were taken.   We haven’t heard anything yet.

Try not to worry, it can take an age.

• Liked: 52
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2023, 05:14:25 PM »
Hello, I am on the same timeline; biometric meeting on Dec 5th. Check out pg 2 of this thread; they have been waiting 16 weeks.  Should be soon, if similar to the times done in the 2nd half of 2022

• Liked: 248
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2023, 06:39:23 PM »
Nearly 21 weeks since biometrics.

When (being positive) approval does come you will know because you will hear my hysterical screaming.  And  you’ll think there is an earthquake but it will only be my feet dancing.

They say it can take 6 months plus.  We are  over 5 months now so it shouldn’t be too long.

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2023, 11:38:57 AM »
Nearly 21 weeks since biometrics.

When (being positive) approval does come you will know because you will hear my hysterical screaming.  And  you’ll think there is an earthquake but it will only be my feet dancing.

They say it can take 6 months plus.  We are  over 5 months now so it shouldn’t be too long.

My advice would be to *try to forget about it, safe in the knowledge that they are almost certainly going to contact you if they find a problem, unlike with the visas. Not that there will be a problem, but you know what I mean.
Hang in there.  :)

*I know, this is not possible!

• Liked: 42
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2023, 05:34:13 PM »
Hi All.
Very dumb question haha. I've had ILR since July but haven't applied for citizenship yet cos money and holidays. I've been sorting through paperwork and am wondering, do we still need to submit correspondence and bank statements?

If not I'm going to celebrate by buying a shredder

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

--13th March 17 Husband and Wife--
19/06/17 Spousal Visa
Applied for FLR 02/20 (Approved 06/20)
--Daughter born June 2020--
Applying for ILR 06/20

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2023, 05:47:15 PM »
Hi All.
Very dumb question haha. I've had ILR since July but haven't applied for citizenship yet cos money and holidays. I've been sorting through paperwork and am wondering, do we still need to submit correspondence and bank statements?

If not I'm going to celebrate by buying a shredder

You do not... shred away.  :)

• Liked: 42
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2023, 05:51:45 PM »
You do not... shred away.  :)
Omg this is the BEST news thank youuuuuu!!

--13th March 17 Husband and Wife--
19/06/17 Spousal Visa
Applied for FLR 02/20 (Approved 06/20)
--Daughter born June 2020--
Applying for ILR 06/20

• Liked: 52
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2023, 05:33:00 PM »
Hello,

Today, I received an email from the city to attend the ceremony (the city has my confirmed naturalisation.  I've searched my email address and did not receive a confirmation on completing the naturalisation process.  Below is the email received from the 'Citizenship Team'. 
  • Naturalisation application Dec 5, 2022
    Naturalisation application approved ?? exact date is not known.

I am trying to contact you regarding your citizenship ceremony.

I am pleased to say that we have your naturalisation certificate with us here at Brighton Town Hall, and you will need to attend a ceremony here to complete your application.

So, really good news,  :) but it seems a step in the process was incomplete, not sure as to why did not receive the initial naturalisation email. 

• Liked: 5
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2023, 08:13:12 PM »
Quick question-- Do we need to bring the 'Consent for Verification Checks form' to the biometrics appointment or do they give it to you there? Booked for Wednesday, just making sure I have all my duck in a row... Thanks!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2023, 08:39:28 PM »
Quick question-- Do we need to bring the 'Consent for Verification Checks form' to the biometrics appointment or do they give it to you there? Booked for Wednesday, just making sure I have all my duck in a row... Thanks!

If the forms are required, they should have been linked in the online application and need to be signed and uploaded before attending the biometrics appointment.

If you were not asked to fill out the forms when you applied online, then they will not be required at all (some visas require them, others don’t - I can never remember whether they are needed for ILR or not).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 5
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2023, 06:31:25 AM »
If the forms are required, they should have been linked in the online application and need to be signed and uploaded before attending the biometrics appointment.

If you were not asked to fill out the forms when you applied online, then they will not be required at all (some visas require them, others don’t - I can never remember whether they are needed for ILR or not).

No form generated by the online citizenship application, but this item appears on @mbmoffat 's checklist so wondering whether it's required--will assume not, I guess!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2023, 07:53:03 AM »
No form generated by the online citizenship application, but this item appears on @mbmoffat 's checklist so wondering whether it's required--will assume not, I guess!

If they are needed, the online application should have told you this and provided a link to the forms when you submitted the application.

If you're not sure though, you can always print and sign Parts 1 and 2 of the Consent to Checks forms here:

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/documents/family_consent.pdf

• Liked: 65
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2023, 09:53:03 AM »
Firstly, thank you for putting so much effort into this, it’s greatly appreciated by so many of us! I do have a question though. My son (minor) and I just got our ILR, and if I can apply straight away for citizenship, will he be able to as well or will he need to wait a year since he wasn’t the one who got married? I can’t seem to find this information anywhere and I’d hate to spend the money only for him to be refused. I’m sure I’d need ‘permission’ from his bio father. Is there a link to this information anywhere?

• Liked: 56
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2023, 11:54:14 AM »
All you should need to include as proof of residence is your passport(s).

It actually says this on Form AN (the paper application form for UK citizenship):

Do we know how this is affected by the new way people go through passports when entering the UK. Both Heathrow and Manchester have those unmanned kiosks where you just scan your passport and look into the camera above. I asked about it when I was first directed to them in 2019 and I was told that its all being kept track digitally now. Since my brp card is supposed to be attached to my passport, I never thought about it till now that I am looking at citizenship.
Engaged: June 2014
Married: July 30 2014
Visa Application Received in UK: Nov. 27 2014
Visa granted: Dec 12 2014
Moves to UK: Jan 30th 2015

Sponsored Links