Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Me  (Read 17379 times)

• Liked: 1893
Re: Me
« Reply #165 on: January 04, 2023, 05:54:16 PM »
  Got lost searching for windchimes last night.  Think I'd love one.  But definitely hard to shop for online.
    That site I sent the link for has links to recordings!   Try this:  https://www.thewindchimeshop.co.uk/koshi-wind-chime-aqua_p55545.aspx

Jimbo my son is in his own world and has no clue what's going on with me and cancer. 
   I've been that kid through some pretty difficult times.  Don't worry, he'll be OK.   The good side to being in your own world is that you don't tend to worry about stuff, especially things that adults do that is out of your control. 

• Liked: 325
« Reply #166 on: January 04, 2023, 06:17:24 PM »
    That site I sent the link for has links to recordings!   Try this:  https://www.thewindchimeshop.co.uk/koshi-wind-chime-aqua_p55545.aspx

That’s great, now I’m lost looking for the right one for me.

• Liked: 4990
« Reply #167 on: January 05, 2023, 02:31:55 PM »
So my parents are going back to the USA a week from Saturday.  They had their flights booked around my original chemo dates, but as my last round was delayed 2 weeks, they'll be leaving before I'm done.

Not going to lie, I am disappointed.  They've been such a massive help.  It would be lovely if they were here to "raise a glass" when my chemo is over.  And I'm a bit apprehensive about having to juggle life on my own again.  It's going to be hard, no two ways about it.  I do wish they would stay until I got a few of my "fixes" finished (like my back and lungs).  But they have given selflessly these last months.  I still just want a wee bit more! 

I did laugh yesterday though when my mom said I could invite someone over on Friday or Saturday night if I wanted to.  I definitely had the confused head tilt while my brain said "Wait - I thought this was MY house!".  But if anyone wants to come over this weekend, my mom said I can have a friend over to play.   ;D

• Liked: 722
« Reply #168 on: January 05, 2023, 03:41:06 PM »
It's great that your parents have been able to come over and spend as much time with you as they have, but I understand how difficult  it will be once they have left.

Stay strong.

Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

« Reply #169 on: January 05, 2023, 10:39:42 PM »

I did laugh yesterday though when my mom said I could invite someone over on Friday or Saturday night if I wanted to.  I definitely had the confused head tilt while my brain said "Wait - I thought this was MY house!".  But if anyone wants to come over this weekend, my mom said I can have a friend over to play.   ;D

Okay, that is hilarious, although understandable.  They fall right back in to the “Mommy” role.  So have you set up your play date?

• Liked: 13
« Reply #170 on: January 09, 2023, 09:55:00 AM »
As to mastectomy, if statistically if makes no difference, I think the following are what I’d consider.  I could have had a mastectomy instead of a lumpectomy plus radiation but chose the later. Things to consider:
How did you feel about your boobs pre cancer?  For some women they are incredibly important to their self esteem, hence the number of boob jobs!  Would you have reconstruction? If so are you prepared for the surgeries and recoveries dragging on for months and getting in the way of other life events?  If not how do you feel about being boobless? Wearing prosthetics? Finding clothing that fits and looks ‘right’?  If you don’t have the mastectomy will you constantly worry about cancer in your breast?  Will that worry be less if you have a mastectomy?
If there’s no rush I think I’d wait and see how I felt in a few months, but only you know how you feel about it.

« Reply #171 on: January 10, 2023, 07:12:25 PM »
It’s been a tough week.  Ended up being in the hospital for the weekend as I spiked a fever.  Feel a million times better today than I did yesterday, which makes a huge difference.

One more round on January 20.  The thought of it literally makes me cry…. It might be my final chemo but it’s going to be very hard to voluntarily be pumped full again…

• Liked: 6111
« Reply #172 on: January 10, 2023, 07:20:25 PM »
It’s been a tough week.  Ended up being in the hospital for the weekend as I spiked a fever.  Feel a million times better today than I did yesterday, which makes a huge difference.

One more round on January 20.  The thought of it literally makes me cry…. It might be my final chemo but it’s going to be very hard to voluntarily be pumped full again…

You're so brave. Hang in there.  [smiley=hug.gif]

« Reply #173 on: January 10, 2023, 08:38:42 PM »
You're so brave. Hang in there.  [smiley=hug.gif]

Couldn’t have said it better.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 846
« Reply #174 on: January 10, 2023, 09:48:59 PM »
You’ve got this, KFDancer!  We are all rooting for you!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #175 on: January 11, 2023, 12:04:35 AM »
I’m glad you are feeling better.  Are you home from the hospital?

Thinking of you.

• Liked: 1893
« Reply #176 on: January 11, 2023, 08:48:16 AM »
That must have really sucked!  Glad you are feeling better now.

« Reply #177 on: January 11, 2023, 12:11:24 PM »
I’m glad you are feeling better.  Are you home from the hospital?

Thinking of you.

Yes, came home Sunday.

« Reply #178 on: January 20, 2023, 12:33:07 PM »
Had an oncologist appointment yesterday. We talked about next steps and confirmed scan dates. She said she will be shocked if the scans show anything other than outstanding results.  She does not recommend surgery, but said it would be done if other areas are shrinking and the breast is not. Same with radiation. Focus is on the systemic, whole body treatment until the body directs otherwise.  She said I’ll continue with the injections for years. And she clarified that by years she means “years and years”.  She went on to say that she has a few patients with liver metastasis who are 15 years plus since diagnosis and she fully expects me to be sitting across from her in 15 years time.  It was a good day.  It’s a very good day.

Right now I’m sitting in the chair having my final round of chemo.

After my first round, I genuinely didn’t think I’d be able to do this.  Six cycles seemed an enormous mountain to climb. I couldn’t understand how others have done it and felt very defeated.

I am so proud that I have done this. I know the next week (potentially two) will suck. But, you guys, I’ve done it. I have *bleep*ing done it. I didn’t think I could. I don’t care if this sounds arrogant to self indulgent.  I didn’t think I was strong enough.

I hope and pray none of you, or the people you love ever have to have chemo. It truly sucks. I am forever grateful for this incredible treatment that is going to help give me my life back (though a big pivot).  But chemo is over. At least for now. If the disease progresses, I’ll be doing it again. I do not believe this will be my only chemo experience.

But I am proud of myself. I am more in love with my husband than ever. He has said all the right things during this journey. He has believed in me.  He is my perfect match.

Our children are everything to us. To know I may see them become adults is such a gift.  I never could have imagined that I could have a man like him and children like ours, which is why I don’t want to miss it all!  I had so much fear that the cancer was caught that they’d say it was too late. I know we have all experienced that and I thought that would be me.  Beyond grateful that I’ve been treatable. 

You guys have no idea how much the support here as meant. You are the best!!

« Reply #179 on: January 20, 2023, 01:16:44 PM »
That is really good news, wonderful in fact, it has made my day.  You are an inspiration to us all.

Sponsored Links