Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Me  (Read 17138 times)

• Liked: 719
Re: Me
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2022, 09:03:47 PM »
Best wishes! 2 weeks from diagnosis to treatment is awesome. May the force be with you!

+1
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 424
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2022, 09:25:14 PM »
KFdancer……we love you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2022, 11:28:32 AM »
I’m doing it!  Have had a few of my injections and some prep IV stuff.  Chemo eminent.  Cold cap on and hysterical.  I suspect I’ll start a new trend.   ;D

So glad you guys are with me.  Crazy how life can change on a dime.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2022, 11:30:43 AM »
I’m doing it!  Have had a few of my injections and some prep IV stuff.  Chemo eminent.  Cold cap on and hysterical.  I suspect I’ll start a new trend.   ;D

So glad you guys are with me.  Crazy how life can change on a dime.

Right here!  [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=hug.gif]

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2022, 11:31:40 AM »
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 719
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2022, 01:37:53 PM »
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2022, 02:12:59 PM »
And just like that, I’m in the car headed home. There is comfort knowing the cocktail of medicines I received could save my life!

Sounds like it’ll all hit tonight/tomorrow. I was told not to be a hero and call if anything is bothering me. They know I have a vomiting phobia so gave me IV anti emetics as well as a bag full of meds to start tonight. And if I do get sick, go straight in and they’ll do more IVs.

A vast difference to being in the throws of childbirth and being told “sigh, we will go get you some paracetamol if you think you need it”.  8)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2022, 04:21:02 PM »
And just like that, I’m in the car headed home. There is comfort knowing the cocktail of medicines I received could save my life!

Sounds like it’ll all hit tonight/tomorrow. I was told not to be a hero and call if anything is bothering me. They know I have a vomiting phobia so gave me IV anti emetics as well as a bag full of meds to start tonight. And if I do get sick, go straight in and they’ll do more IVs.

A vast difference to being in the throws of childbirth and being told “sigh, we will go get you some paracetamol if you think you need it”.  8)

It's wonderful that you're getting the best care.   :)

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2022, 11:53:25 AM »
Go KFDancer!

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2022, 09:47:42 PM »
I know that we've already been messaging outside of this thread and that you know I'm always around the corner if you, Malc, or the kids need a single thing (meals, running any errands, etc.). Just wanted to comment here so I could see any updates to save you from having to share it in yet another place. It sucks giving shitty news. It even sucks giving good news about shitty things. I'm sure there will be enough things giving you physical and mental exhaustion that repeating updates in one more location than needed isn't going to help.

For the record, I know it's not the haircut you would've chosen out of the blue, but it REALLY suits you! As I said, you're a total badass and the new hair looks gorgeous. And wigs are definitely always an option if you want to shake things up! And only the leg hair stays?!  Definitely a cruel joke!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2022, 10:11:46 PM »
I know that we've already been messaging outside of this thread and that you know I'm always around the corner if you, Malc, or the kids need a single thing (meals, running any errands, etc.). Just wanted to comment here so I could see any updates to save you from having to share it in yet another place. It sucks giving shitty news. It even sucks giving good news about shitty things. I'm sure there will be enough things giving you physical and mental exhaustion that repeating updates in one more location than needed isn't going to help.

For the record, I know it's not the haircut you would've chosen out of the blue, but it REALLY suits you! As I said, you're a total badass and the new hair looks gorgeous. And wigs are definitely always an option if you want to shake things up! And only the leg hair stays?!  Definitely a cruel joke!

Actually another nurse said it’ll ALLLL go.  Legs and all! 

And you’ve been fabulous support. My parents are at the airport and land in the morning.  I’ve never been more excited to see them!

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2022, 10:20:16 PM »
Actually another nurse said it’ll ALLLL go.  Legs and all! 

Well at least there's one teeny tiny victory. Next time I see you, I bet you'll be fully rocking some big, glamourous wig and dramatic lashes like a vintage hollywood goddess.

And you’ve been fabulous support. My parents are at the airport and land in the morning.  I’ve never been more excited to see them!

YAAAY! I am so happy that they are nearly here. I know it'll be such a massive support just having them here.

I'll try to think of some more amazing garbage for you to watch in the meantime  ;)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2022, 08:04:53 AM »
I think I’ll struggle with lashes… we will see in time though.

• Liked: 325
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2022, 08:37:19 AM »
Oh man.  I’m so sorry to hear this.  I can tell you this, I’m in a breast cancer support group and I’ve met MANY women who are stage 4 and still going strong after 5 years.  You definitely have a lot of support.  Here’s mine.

« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2022, 10:07:55 AM »
Oh man.  I’m so sorry to hear this.  I can tell you this, I’m in a breast cancer support group and I’ve met MANY women who are stage 4 and still going strong after 5 years.  You definitely have a lot of support.  Here’s mine.

That’s amazing Katoo.  I’ve promised my oncologist that I won’t join any groups but of course I love good news stories. I have triple positive cancer which is supposedly “the best”, it’s just everywhere.

How is your treatment going?  Did you find out if you needed chemo?  Been itching for an update from you. When you told us about yours, I genuinely had no idea my cough was anything other than long Covid!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab