Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Time is coming for my wife FLR extension and some questions  (Read 700 times)

• Liked: 3
Time is coming for my wife FLR extension and some questions
« on: September 25, 2022, 06:41:23 PM »
Hi all, I was asking advice back in 2019 / 2020 for help with our fiance and first FLR and thanks to this group we got visa. Now it is time again so have some questions for extending.

Her BRP expires 22 Jan 2023, so I think we can apply 28 days before, but this puts us at around 25th December I think earliest to apply, but will be after Xmas or in between Xmas and New Year to apply. Is this correct?

So my next question is when do I start mail from? December 2020 to December 2022 or from June 25th 2020?

Also will it be the same FLR-M form I have to fill in online to extend or is it a different form?

My wife and I going to the US to visit her family for 10 days from Oct 5 to 15. Will this effect the visa or not?

Just looking to get things in order as it will soon be here and want to get the mail in order from the big massive pile lol.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the questions.

Anthony
Fiance Visa Online Application: 14th August 19
Type: Priority
Bio-metric Appointment: 21 August 19
Documents Received in NY: 23 August 19
Confirmation From Sheffield: 10 September
Decision Made Email: 22 October
Visa in Hand and Approved: 23 October

• Liked: 3595
Re: Time is coming for my wife FLR extension and some questions
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2022, 06:56:19 PM »
Welcome back :).

Her BRP expires 22 Jan 2023, so I think we can apply 28 days before, but this puts us at around 25th December I think earliest to apply, but will be after Xmas or in between Xmas and New Year to apply. Is this correct?

Yes, if she entered on a fiance visa and then switched to FLR(M), then she can apply up to 28 days before her visa expires on 22nd Jan 2023, which is 25th December 2022.

So, her application window will be 25th December 2022 to 22nd January 2022... and she can submit the online application at any time between those 2 dates.

So my next question is when do I start mail from? December 2020 to December 2022 or from June 25th 2020?

The mail needs to cover a MAXIMUM of 2 years, so it will be December 2020 to December 2022.

You will need 1 item of mail in each name, spread every 4 months, from at least 3 different official sources.

So, the mail will need to be from:
December 2020
April 2021
August 2021
December 2021
April 2022
August 2022
December 2022

All the mail must have been physically received in the mail in the months listed above. Online bills or statements cannot be used.

Also will it be the same FLR-M form I have to fill in online to extend or is it a different form?

It's the same FLR(M) form, as you are applying for exactly the same visa as last time:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apply-to-extend-stay-in-the-uk-as-a-partner-or-dependent-child-form-flrm/apply-online-form-flr-m

My wife and I going to the US to visit her family for 10 days from Oct 5 to 15. Will this effect the visa or not?

Nope, it will not affect anything. As long as she is back in the UK in time to apply for FLR(M) in December/January, the US visit will have no bearing on anything.

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2022, 07:52:13 PM »
Thanks for your reply. That answered my questions, but probably will be back in the application window for more help as last time the help was great. Thanks again

Anthony

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2022, 10:59:20 AM »
Hi all, need some advice.

I am filling out the FLR(m) extension form and it says that if you submitted the divorce decree in a previous application you don't need to submit it again. Should I not submit it or just provide as a precaution?

Thanks again for any advice given

Anthony

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2022, 11:09:35 AM »
Hi all, need some advice.

I am filling out the FLR(m) extension form and it says that if you submitted the divorce decree in a previous application you don't need to submit it again. Should I not submit it or just provide as a precaution?

Thanks again for any advice given

Anthony

Definitely do provide it.

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2022, 07:36:58 PM »
Thanks for the advice, and just 1 more question. We are in the 28 day time frame to apply for the extension and I want to submit it soon, but if I do it now or tonight I want to look for a Super Priority. So If I apply tonight, pay and I can't find a priority appointment then can I look again tomorrow or do I need to select it at the time I submit and pay the fees??

Hope it makes sense and thanks for the great advice.

Anthony

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2022, 08:39:02 PM »
Thanks for the advice, and just 1 more question. We are in the 28 day time frame to apply for the extension and I want to submit it soon, but if I do it now or tonight I want to look for a Super Priority. So If I apply tonight, pay and I can't find a priority appointment then can I look again tomorrow or do I need to select it at the time I submit and pay the fees??

Hope it makes sense and thanks for the great advice.

Anthony

Don't submit and pay until you have the super priority slot as you can't then add it on later. If you don't get one tonight, leave it and try again later.

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2023, 07:39:50 PM »
Thanks for the great advice. We submitted the visa and got Super Priority. I am now uploading the documents before the appointment 18th Jan, but I have two more questions:

1) On the passport do I have to scan the whole passport for just myself, both of us or just the main part? I am scanning the whole passport at the moment.

2) When we go, do we need to take the paper copies of the documents or not as we uploaded them? Asking as can't remember what we did last time?

Thanks again for the help, really appreciated

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2023, 08:36:55 PM »
1) On the passport do I have to scan the whole passport for just myself, both of us or just the main part? I am scanning the whole passport at the moment.

You need to scan every page of every passport you are including, even the blank pages.

If you have held any other passports since arriving in the UK, you need to scan those too (i.e. if you have renewed your passport since moving here, or you have dual citizenship with another country).

2) When we go, do we need to take the paper copies of the documents or not as we uploaded them? Asking as can't remember what we did last time?

If you are uploading your documents, technically you don't need to take the paper copies to the appointment, though it may be a good idea to have them with you, just in case something didn't scan/upload properly and they need to redo it at the appointment.

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2023, 11:15:24 AM »
Hi all and thanks for all the advice, would like to say that my wife have had her 2nd extension approved and is now good until Aug 2025 where we will then apply for the ILR.

We are happy to have it sorted as the end of 2022 was a bad time as middle of December my father was admitted to hospital and passed away 21 December and we got the Funeral tomorrow, so this sorted is a big relief.

Thanks again

Anthony

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2023, 11:22:41 AM »
Hi all and thanks for all the advice, would like to say that my wife have had her 2nd extension approved and is now good until Aug 2025 where we will then apply for the ILR.

We are happy to have it sorted as the end of 2022 was a bad time as middle of December my father was admitted to hospital and passed away 21 December and we got the Funeral tomorrow, so this sorted is a big relief.

Thanks again

Anthony

I'm very sorry for your loss but glad that you have one less thing to worry about now.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab