Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Question on email  (Read 446 times)

• Liked: 2
Question on email
« on: September 28, 2022, 10:07:25 AM »
Hello!

Last week I got an email that my BRP was being sent out. It also says that my application was successful for indefinite leave to remain is that email basically confirming instead of getting a letter in the post? Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3589
Re: Question on email
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 11:28:44 AM »
Congratulations :D!

Yes, they don't send out physical letters anymore - the decisions are all sent by email now :).

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2022, 11:30:30 AM »
Yes, you got it! Congratulations.  :)

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2022, 11:37:43 AM »
Congratulations :D!

Yes, they don't send out physical letters anymore - the decisions are all sent by email now :).
Thank you!!!

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2022, 11:37:56 AM »
Thank you!!!

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2022, 11:38:12 AM »
Thank you!!

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2022, 12:12:09 PM »
Also, you have to re do brp every year? Thought it was 10 years? How do I do this each year? Thanks

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2022, 12:17:32 PM »
Also, you have to re do brp every year? Thought it was 10 years? How do I do this each year? Thanks

Sorry meant 2 years

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2022, 12:29:21 PM »

It was every 10 years (like a UK driving licence), however, they are getting rid of BRPs completely on 1st January 2025, and it's all going online, so this will be the last BRP you ever have... and it will only be valid until 31st December 2024.

Sometime in early 2024, UKVI will publish instructions on how people will be able to check and prove their immigration status online instead of using a BRP.

Also, if you decide to apply for UK citizenship before then, you won't need a BRP anymore anyway.

See:
https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/report-problem

From that page:

If your BRP expires on 31 December 2024
You do not need to tell UKVI if your BRP expires on 31 December 2024 but your immigration status (for example, your visa) allows you to stay longer.

You will not need a BRP from 1 January 2025. You’ll be able to prove your immigration status online, without a BRP.

UKVI will update their information on how to prove your immigration status in early 2024. You do not need to do anything and your immigration status will not be affected.

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2022, 12:34:14 PM »
It was every 10 years (like a UK driving licence), however, they are getting rid of BRPs completely on 1st January 2025, and it's all going online, so this will be the last BRP you ever have... and it will only be valid until 31st December 2024.

Sometime in early 2024, UKVI will publish instructions on how people will be able to check and prove their immigration status online instead of using a BRP.

Also, if you decide to apply for UK citizenship before then, you won't need a BRP anymore anyway.

See:

From that page:
That’s pretty cool :) thank you for the information :) I might do my citizenship at some point but it will have to wait for the time being.

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2022, 01:03:38 PM »

See:

From that page:
Will it have to be updated online every 10 years?

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2022, 01:11:17 PM »
Will it have to be updated online every 10 years?

No idea, I’m afraid, as they haven’t announced how it will work yet.

Originally, they were just supposed to be bringing in new BRP regulations due to changes in EU law (so a new type of BRP card would be issued), but in May 2022, they announced instead that everything would move online with no more BRPs (presumably due to Brexit and not having to conform with EU law anymore).

Previously the reason for renewing the BRP every 10 years was to provide updated biometrics for the card - new photo and fingerprints - but I don’t know if this will continue once it goes online.

Sponsored Links