Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Citizenship Application - proof for being in the UK  (Read 489 times)

• Liked: 157
Citizenship Application - proof for being in the UK
« on: September 29, 2022, 09:39:47 AM »
Hi all

I had a quick look at the old threads but couldn't find the info - for citizenship application, will I be asked to show that I was in the UK within certain periods of time? What evidence do I need? My passport doesn't always have the entry or exit stamps (zero exit stamps actually)...

Thank you!
Met in the US: 2014
Got Married in the US: Dec 2015
Moved to the UK: Oct 2017
ILR: Sept 2022
Citizenship application: biometrics 22 Dec 2022 - approval email 29 May 2023
Citizenship ceremony: 21 June 2023
Passport received:  7 July 2023

• Liked: 6110
Re: Citizenship Application - proof for being in the UK
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2022, 10:07:22 AM »
Hi all

I had a quick look at the old threads but couldn't find the info - for citizenship application, will I be asked to show that I was in the UK within certain periods of time? What evidence do I need? My passport doesn't always have the entry or exit stamps (zero exit stamps actually)...

Thank you!

You need to apply on a date you were physically present in the UK, 3 years before as you are married to a UK citizen.

There are also maximum periods of absence allowed in the years leading up to the application.

To be eligible, you should not have:

spent more than 270 days outside the UK during the 3 years before your application
spent more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months

https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-spouse

They have said they keep track of these things electronically now. So I would just make sure that you do meet the criteria then go ahead and apply.

Sponsored Links