Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spousal Visa info  (Read 438 times)

• Liked: 1
Spousal Visa info
« on: December 04, 2022, 08:36:38 PM »
Hi, I did the whole Immigration deal to the USA and now my Wife and I are coming back to the UK.

We've been married 14 years, having done all the paperwork/evidence/proof for the 2 and 10 year permanent residents card I'm looking for a clear list of requirements for the Wife's spousal Visa.

So far I know about the financial requirements for me to cover the £18,600 a year gross for a minimum of 6 months paychecks & bank statements (7 to cover the full 6 months).

USA marriage certificate and probably her divorce decree from way back?

USA tax transcripts for the 14 years? Proof of the bank of America joint checking & savings account we've had for the 14 years?

UK bank statements and payslips? For the 6/7 months and letter from both employer and bank for proof..

We can stay with Dad in the house which is big enough, reading up I need a letter from him and a letter from the land registry to prove no overcrowding?

We flew back to the UK in march and the wife went back after a months holiday. I found a job earning more than the minimum requirement..

Regarding the job/money coming in, does it have to be from one job as I've switched jobs and its hell, totally unorganised and I'm ready to leave. If the gap between jobs keeps the pay above the £1550 a month gross is that ok? Or would that reset the 6 months?

So am I right in the evidence so far? What does dad need to put in his letter?

Is there a sticky with a clear list of x,xx,xxx steps and evidence check /paperwork and timing?

Also being married for so long do we really need to prove constant communication as we didnt even think to screen shot our every day WhatsApp messages/calls  :\\\'(

Thanks in advance for any help,info and reading my jumbled mess.

Also any mod reading,  can I change my username? Signing up mobile it didnt seem to give me a choice ??

• Liked: 6110
Re: Spousal Visa info
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2022, 09:12:22 PM »
Hi, I did the whole Immigration deal to the USA and now my Wife and I are coming back to the UK.

We've been married 14 years, having done all the paperwork/evidence/proof for the 2 and 10 year permanent residents card I'm looking for a clear list of requirements for the Wife's spousal Visa.

So far I know about the financial requirements for me to cover the £18,600 a year gross for a minimum of 6 months paychecks & bank statements (7 to cover the full 6 months).

USA marriage certificate and probably her divorce decree from way back?

USA tax transcripts for the 14 years? Proof of the bank of America joint checking & savings account we've had for the 14 years?

UK bank statements and payslips? For the 6/7 months and letter from both employer and bank for proof..

We can stay with Dad in the house which is big enough, reading up I need a letter from him and a letter from the land registry to prove no overcrowding?

We flew back to the UK in march and the wife went back after a months holiday. I found a job earning more than the minimum requirement..

Regarding the job/money coming in, does it have to be from one job as I've switched jobs and its hell, totally unorganised and I'm ready to leave. If the gap between jobs keeps the pay above the £1550 a month gross is that ok? Or would that reset the 6 months?

So am I right in the evidence so far? What does dad need to put in his letter?

Is there a sticky with a clear list of x,xx,xxx steps and evidence check /paperwork and timing?

Also being married for so long do we really need to prove constant communication as we didnt even think to screen shot our every day WhatsApp messages/calls  :\\\'(

Thanks in advance for any help,info and reading my jumbled mess.

Also any mod reading,  can I change my username? Signing up mobile it didnt seem to give me a choice ??

Welcome to the forum.  :)
Hopefully @phatbeetle can help you with the name change.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 08:32:44 AM »
To meet the financial requirements, you can apply a few different ways.

Currently you are using Category A, which is more than 6 months with the same employer earning more than £18,600.

If you want to change employers, you would then fall under Category B, which would be that you've been at your job for less than 6 months but in the past 12 months, you've earned a minimum of £18,600.  For this category you need to provide 12 months of payslips and bank statements.

There is also the cash qualification option which is having £62,500 in savings for at least 6 months.  You can use a 401k for this if the money is able to be "immediately withdrawn", as in, the cash value is over £62,500.

As you've been married for a long time, NO, they do NOT want messages, cards, etc., for communication.  BUT, they will want a photo of the two of you together and proof that you've been living together for the 14 years.  Easiest thing is to send the front page of each year's tax return showing both of your names and the address.

HOWEVER, as you've been living apart while you meet the requirement to sponsor your wife, you DO need to show your communication during that time.  Just 1 or 2 pages (no actual messages needed) of either calls and/or texts.  This just needs to cover the time period from when you started living apart.

Other bits:  Marriage certificate, divorce decree, letter from your dad saying you and your wife can live there, the number of rooms (minus kitchens and bathrooms) and stating it won't be over crowded, the land registry which you download online for £3.

There isn't a one size fits all checklist as everyone's circumstances are slightly different.  But feel free to list what you are including here and we can check it all over for you. 

I'm sure you are aware applications are taking a solid 5 months to process right now.  Unfortunately during that time, your wife can travel anywhere in the world EXCEPT the United Kingdom (if she applies and/or has a second passport).  So if you plan for her to come for the holidays, don't apply before she comes. 

No idea how to change your user name but hopefully phatbeetle can help you with that.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2022, 09:31:32 AM »
Hiya, you can change your user name in your profile (top of page) , then modify profile, then account settings 

I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links