Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR application questitons.  (Read 377 times)

• Liked: 52
ILR application questitons.
« on: December 12, 2022, 04:14:27 PM »
Hi All

Hope everyone is staying warm. It's cold out there.

So I have gone through the ILR application and have a few questions about some of the questions and am hoping for some clarity. Thanks in advance.

1 - Could you and your partner live outside the UK if necessary?    I said YES because we "could" of course we "could" but we don't want to!!!

2 - "The financial requirement threshold which has been calculated is £18,600."  I'm confused by this we thought the savings requirement was £36,400. My wife is a UK citizen and I am dual US and Australian. Does anyone know why this is not the higher amount? Did I do something wrong with the application?

3- What amount of savings are held in this account in GBP?  Only include funds that have been in your account for the last 6 months or where you have liquidated or transferred eligible assets or funds that you have owned and controlled for 6 months.

Again relating to our savings do they want the amount we had in our account 6 months ago or the amount we have in the account now?

4 - Lastly, I have gotten to the "Choose a service page" I am not quite ready to pull the trigger as I need to wait until I reach my window. But when the day/night comes this is the page that will change and an option for "Super Priority" will appear?

Thank you for everything. We are so grateful for all the help and support of the community over the years.

Cheers,
NWKH
UK Spouse Visa
Married: 2001 (Both Living in the US)
Biometrics: 27 Dec 2017
Received in Sheffield: 02 Jan 2018
Decision email: 24 Jan 2018 (17 Bus. Days)
Returned mail: 28 Jan 2018 It's a YES!!!
Landed in UK: 11 Feb 2018
Granted FLR(M): 22 Oct 2020
Granted ILR:  28 Feb 2023
Citizenship Granted:  18 Jan 2024

• Liked: 6110
Re: ILR application questitons.
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 04:26:02 PM »
Hi All

Hope everyone is staying warm. It's cold out there.

So I have gone through the ILR application and have a few questions about some of the questions and am hoping for some clarity. Thanks in advance.

1 - Could you and your partner live outside the UK if necessary?    I said YES because we "could" of course we "could" but we don't want to!!!

2 - "The financial requirement threshold which has been calculated is £18,600."  I'm confused by this we thought the savings requirement was £36,400. My wife is a UK citizen and I am dual US and Australian. Does anyone know why this is not the higher amount? Did I do something wrong with the application?

3- What amount of savings are held in this account in GBP?  Only include funds that have been in your account for the last 6 months or where you have liquidated or transferred eligible assets or funds that you have owned and controlled for 6 months.

Again relating to our savings do they want the amount we had in our account 6 months ago or the amount we have in the account now?

4 - Lastly, I have gotten to the "Choose a service page" I am not quite ready to pull the trigger as I need to wait until I reach my window. But when the day/night comes this is the page that will change and an option for "Super Priority" will appear?

Thank you for everything. We are so grateful for all the help and support of the community over the years.

Cheers,
NWKH

1- Correct, you could even though you don't want to

2- The financial requirement for income is £18,600. If using savings instead of income, the requirement for ILR is 18,600 plus 16,000= 34,600.

3- I would put the lowest amount during the 6 month period as that's what they will use to determine if you qualify or not.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 06:25:34 PM by larrabee »

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 06:16:27 PM »
Hi Larrabee-

Thanks so much. Just counting down the days until early February before I can apply. Gonna post my checklist soon. You are a star!!!!

Cheers.

NWKH
UK Spouse Visa

• Liked: 404
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2022, 09:27:12 PM »

Yes I am certain it is that page.  Anyhow, the process is linear and will lead you to it.   As I think you know,  Super Priority appointments appear at 1am (might be Midnight in Winter non-Daylight Savings).
The biggest mistake people make is paying for regular service thinking there will be an upgrade option to Priority - it does not work like this.  If you choose regular service you are stuck with it and cannot upgrade to Super Priority. Just wait until you can see Super Priority.

Good luck!

Matt
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 10:52:20 PM by mbmoffat »
UK Spouse Visa Super Priority
2008-2012  Met/Married/Children

24APR Spouse Visa Application
05MAY Biometrics
24JULY Decision 54BD 
17AUG  Landed UK

21JAN FLRM Application
06FEB Biometrics
06FEB Approval email

22JULY ILR SET(M) Application (5 years since landing minus 27 days)
18AUG ILR Biometrics
22AUG ILR Approval email
26AUG Citizenship Application
30AUG Citizenship Biometrics (via IDV App)
21NOV Citizenship Approval email
20DEC Citizenship Ceremony
20DEC British Passport Application

14JAN British Passport Delivered

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2022, 11:10:55 AM »
Thanks so much Matt. Counting down the days and getting all my paperwork in order.

Cheers
UK Spouse Visa

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2022, 12:16:24 PM »
So to continue with some questions if I may. This time around the financial side of things.

I am going with savings of £34,600 which comes from the sale of our home in the US. The last time I applied for FLR the money was over in US bank accounts and we showed US bank statements and the proof of fund was the deed of sale on the house. Now because of the advantageous exchange rates and the fact that we are in the process of buying a house over here, we have moved this money to this side of the pond.

So for ILR I will be using bank statements from the UK and it seems they only ask for a "Declaration of the source of Funds".

I will be supplying the past six months of bank statements to prove I have had the £34,000 in my account for six months. Not a problem.

I am concerned that, like when we applied for our mortgage and with our own solicitor the movement of money into the account might draw red flags. We finally checked out fine and got our loan but we had to jump through lots of hoops to prove where the money came from. They seem very worried about money laundering in the UK.  I am afraid this money coming into our account might look strange to the Imagination Officer .

So my question is.... even though they don't ask for it, should I supply the bill sale from our house with my paperwork application? Is it better to supply more info or do they just care about me having enough money in the bank and the "Declaration of funds" is enough?

Any advice along these lines would be appreciated.

Thanks so much as always.

NWKH

UK Spouse Visa

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2022, 08:01:27 PM »
So to continue with some questions if I may. This time around the financial side of things.

I am going with savings of £34,600 which comes from the sale of our home in the US. The last time I applied for FLR the money was over in US bank accounts and we showed US bank statements and the proof of fund was the deed of sale on the house. Now because of the advantageous exchange rates and the fact that we are in the process of buying a house over here, we have moved this money to this side of the pond.

So for ILR I will be using bank statements from the UK and it seems they only ask for a "Declaration of the source of Funds".

I will be supplying the past six months of bank statements to prove I have had the £34,000 in my account for six months. Not a problem.

I am concerned that, like when we applied for our mortgage and with our own solicitor the movement of money into the account might draw red flags. We finally checked out fine and got our loan but we had to jump through lots of hoops to prove where the money came from. They seem very worried about money laundering in the UK.  I am afraid this money coming into our account might look strange to the Imagination Officer .

So my question is.... even though they don't ask for it, should I supply the bill sale from our house with my paperwork application? Is it better to supply more info or do they just care about me having enough money in the bank and the "Declaration of funds" is enough?

Any advice along these lines would be appreciated.

Thanks so much as always.

NWKH

It seems strange when everything else has to be proven to within an inch of it's life but the declaration of the source of funds is all that is asked for. It's probably because although it would be easy for you to provide evidence in your circumstances, if someone else's savings were from a lifetime of squirrelling money away here and there, there would be no way to provide evidence of that, so that's why they take the declaration at face value.

Proceeds from sale of house in US is really all you need to say but you could explain in more detail if it makes you feel better.

• Liked: 404
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2022, 12:34:02 AM »
Larrabee is spot on.  I run a Mortgage company amongst other things, and we moved around a lot with property in various countries. 
Your mortgage broker/ lender / solicitor have a regulatory requirement to ensure they know where the deposit funds came from.  If you are new clients especially so.   UKVCAS are not under the same requirement.   In previous applications, however, I did provide the bill of sale of a house previously to show our source of savings.

Good luck

UK Spouse Visa Super Priority
2008-2012  Met/Married/Children

24APR Spouse Visa Application
05MAY Biometrics
24JULY Decision 54BD 
17AUG  Landed UK

21JAN FLRM Application
06FEB Biometrics
06FEB Approval email

22JULY ILR SET(M) Application (5 years since landing minus 27 days)
18AUG ILR Biometrics
22AUG ILR Approval email
26AUG Citizenship Application
30AUG Citizenship Biometrics (via IDV App)
21NOV Citizenship Approval email
20DEC Citizenship Ceremony
20DEC British Passport Application

14JAN British Passport Delivered

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2022, 08:50:02 AM »
Thanks so much Larrabee and mbmoffat. Will go with the less is more approach and just tell them about the house sale and leave it at that. Thanks so much as always.

Best,

NWKH
UK Spouse Visa

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab