Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Cinnabon!!  (Read 4190 times)

• Liked: 585
Cinnabon!!
« on: December 14, 2022, 11:25:54 AM »
Maybe you guys already knew this, but...
I was in Liverpool at the weekend and I saw a CINNABON!!!!  I didn't get a chance to visit it, but when i got home i looked online, and Cinnabon now have several locations in the UK!  Not in Scotland yet, but maybe someday??

https://cinnabon.uk/pages/store-locator

• Liked: 4985
Re: Cinnabon!!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2022, 12:37:13 PM »
I've heard they are inside many Asda stores but sadly not seen one near me yet.   :\\\'(

• Liked: 768
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2022, 01:12:00 PM »
Maybe you guys already knew this, but...
I was in Liverpool at the weekend and I saw a CINNABON!!!!  I didn't get a chance to visit it, but when i got home i looked online, and Cinnabon now have several locations in the UK!  Not in Scotland yet, but maybe someday??

https://cinnabon.uk/pages/store-locator
There used to be one in Stirling years ago but it has long been shut.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2022, 01:17:48 PM »
There’s one in the ASDA in Bedminster, Bristol :)

There used to be one in Piccadilly Circus in London too, but it closed down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2022, 01:19:40 PM »
There’s one in the ASDA in Bedminster, Bristol :)

There used to be one in Piccadilly Circus in London too, but it closed down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glasgow area is getting 2 Popeye's. That's what I'm waiting for. I was going to take the train to Newcastle. Now I dinnae need tae.

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2022, 06:12:46 PM »
I don't know who is picking the locations for those Cinebons but they must be smoking crack.  There's one is Sandwich, near Margate and apparently one in Heathrow that I have never seen. 

I'm more waiting for Popeye's.  When can we have some Popeye's?  I bet they don't even do biscuits though. 

Did I mention I've got a Wendy's and a Taco Bell within biking distance of my house?  Me and my boy have picked up the habit of ordering from Wendy's and picking it up (takeaway only) and eating burgers and Frosties in front of the TV.  Needless to say this can only happen when Mrs. CZ is out of the house.

• Liked: 676
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2022, 11:17:52 PM »
Oh, God, with what they did to Taco Bell and Denny's, I'd be afraid to see what they do to Popeyes. (They ruins it, precious, they ruins it....)

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2022, 09:28:00 AM »
Oh, God, with what they did to Taco Bell and Denny's, I'd be afraid to see what they do to Popeyes. (They ruins it, precious, they ruins it....)
I had Taco Bell for the first time here 2 weeks ago and it was fine.

Popeye's in other locations seem to be doing fine. Typically the fast food models work but Denny's downfall was management in a sit down restaurant model.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2022, 10:14:27 AM »
I had Taco Bell for the first time here 2 weeks ago and it was fine.

Popeye's in other locations seem to be doing fine. Typically the fast food models work but Denny's downfall was management in a sit down restaurant model.

Not going to lie, when I read Nan's view, I was like - "Has it been so long I forgot how it tastes in the US?"  Regardless, I LOVE it.  Only been twice as my office just moved next to one and I rarely go into the office.  But my team laughed when my Christmas meal suggestion was "Why are we asking about restaurants when we all know we MUST go to Taco Bell?"  ;D

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2022, 01:05:24 PM »
Not going to lie, when I read Nan's view, I was like - "Has it been so long I forgot how it tastes in the US?"  Regardless, I LOVE it.  Only been twice as my office just moved next to one and I rarely go into the office.  But my team laughed when my Christmas meal suggestion was "Why are we asking about restaurants when we all know we MUST go to Taco Bell?"  ;D
Honest. I never ate at Taco Bell in North Carolina because we had a huge Latino popular with legit restaurants and food trucks. When you can get authentic food you skip the Taco Bell.

But... I quite enjoyed my Taco Bell experience here because you can't just run down to the corner Taco truck. The chalupas were chef's kiss... lol

And when Popeye's gets here I know I will love it because fried chicken just isn't a food you find easily in Scotland. (Tenders and goujons yes but whole piece, on the bone fried chicken in a delicious crispy coating, no.) I won't care if it is as good as in the US because I'm not in the US. I won't have another option.

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2022, 12:16:01 AM »
Seriously, that was the first and only time I've ever gotten sick from Taco Bell food. The watery/soggy/from-a-can vaguely greenish things that I suspect were supposed to have been jalapeño peppers were probably what did it.  [smiley=dizzy2.gif]

And how the heck can you screw up tacos? (They did!) There's only four parts - meat, cheese, lettuce, shell!  Burritos are easier to make and should be harder to screw up. I seem to remember it was a burrito that actually got me - I was picking the green thingies out after almost gagging on one.

Hopefully they've improved since then. ;D
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 12:18:09 AM by Nan D. »

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2022, 12:28:41 AM »
Oh. Totally a tangent here.

I remember thinking the salt we were getting over there at Tesco tasted different. I have periodically wondered about that.
They don't put iodine in the table salt over there, do they?

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2022, 08:54:03 AM »
I have to admit that I've only been to Taco Bell in the US twice in the last 20 years so I've got no idea if the ones here are any different. I've eaten at ones here a few times and they seem OK.  I'm really into the UK burrito places though, Tortilla is great and we go there reasonably often. 

Tami, I don't think I've ever eaten at a NC food truck for any kind of food. My family used to eat at small, authentic Mexican restaurants  all the time.  In the cringiest move ever, my dad used to bring in his own tapes of mariachi music and get them to play it over the loudspeaker.   

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2022, 12:50:52 PM »
I have to admit that I've only been to Taco Bell in the US twice in the last 20 years so I've got no idea if the ones here are any different. I've eaten at ones here a few times and they seem OK.  I'm really into the UK burrito places though, Tortilla is great and we go there reasonably often. 

Tami, I don't think I've ever eaten at a NC food truck for any kind of food. My family used to eat at small, authentic Mexican restaurants  all the time.  In the cringiest move ever, my dad used to bring in his own tapes of mariachi music and get them to play it over the loudspeaker.

oh. my. god. Really??? ;D

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2022, 12:38:15 PM »

Food truck culture is huge everywhere in the US now. They have food truck roundups... lots of food trucks gather in the same location and droves of people pile in.

My daughters have their favourite taco trucks though. And they are 100% on point.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab