Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Cinnabon!!  (Read 4197 times)

• Liked: 1892
Re: Cinnabon!!
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2022, 07:27:03 PM »
Food truck culture is huge everywhere in the US now. They have food truck roundups... lots of food trucks gather in the same location and droves of people pile in.

My daughters have their favourite taco trucks though. And they are 100% on point.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

I am soooo behind the times.  Do they usually have picnic tables and stuff to make it more like a restaurant? 

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2022, 07:35:48 PM »
I have to admit that I've only been to Taco Bell in the US twice in the last 20 years so I've got no idea if the ones here are any different. I've eaten at ones here a few times and they seem OK.  I'm really into the UK burrito places though, Tortilla is great and we go there reasonably often. 

I haven't been to a UK Taco Bell and probably only ever had Taco Bell less than a handful of times in my life, so I wouldn't't really have a clue.... However,  I did enjoy Wahaca last time I was in Edinburgh, which was probably about 5 years ago now.... Proper or not, I don't know.... Having grown up in New England, I haven't a clue what proper Mexican food tastes like anyways   ;D

I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 768
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2022, 08:08:24 PM »
  I am soooo behind the times.  Do they usually have picnic tables and stuff to make it more like a restaurant?
Depends on the location and the arrangements they have with the landowners. Some are just on the side of the road near a gas station and there isn't room for picnic tables.

• Liked: 585
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2022, 05:41:42 PM »
Honest. I never ate at Taco Bell in North Carolina because we had a huge Latino popular with legit restaurants and food trucks. When you can get authentic food you skip the Taco Bell.
Same... we called it Taco Hell, and Del Taco was Del Hell.  We never ate there because there were so many much better local options in So Cal.

But... I quite enjoyed my Taco Bell experience here because you can't just run down to the corner Taco truck. The chalupas were chef's kiss... lol
Same... i like the gordita and the chalupa.

And when Popeye's gets here I know I will love it because fried chicken just isn't a food you find easily in Scotland. (Tenders and goujons yes but whole piece, on the bone fried chicken in a delicious crispy coating, no.) I won't care if it is as good as in the US because I'm not in the US. I won't have another option.

I've never had Popeyes before, so if i see one here I will need to check it out.
If you ever find yourself in Helensburgh, Tami, you'll want to try the chicken supper at one of our chippies (I think the Palace).... you can get a half chicken or a quarter chicken and it has got a really thick batter on it so when it's fried there is so much yummy crispy stuff to break off and savour!

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2022, 05:49:17 PM »
I haven't been to a UK Taco Bell and probably only ever had Taco Bell less than a handful of times in my life, so I wouldn't't really have a clue.... However,  I did enjoy Wahaca last time I was in Edinburgh, which was probably about 5 years ago now.... Proper or not, I don't know.... Having grown up in New England, I haven't a clue what proper Mexican food tastes like anyways   ;D

Never had Wahaca... and i didnt know there is one in Edinburgh!! :o

There's a place i am dying to try in Irvine....it's called (i think) Taste of New Mexico, and it's supposedly south-west food, some of it served on a fried masa dough base, just like you get in New Mexico & Arizona! :o

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2022, 05:54:33 PM »
There used to be one in Stirling years ago but it has long been shut.

Yeah, i think it was shut about 20 years ago. 

The Ikea cinnamon rolls are pretty good, but i just want to try a Cinnabon again!  Can't think when i last had one, as i dont think they have them in my parents' town.

• I'm not acting confused, I AM Confused!
  • Liked: 28
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2022, 08:12:45 AM »
Ya, they're all over the place now, all the new Shell stations around here have a Cinnabon, Sbarro, Greg's, or Pizza Hut inside.
The Cinnabons seem to close up fast, no one want to pay £3.50 for a bun. You can get a Tesco meal deal for that 😅
I know Sbarro is the McDonald's of pizza, but it's not too bad, fiver for a big slice of pepperoni and a soda.

Sponsored Links