Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR application - property ownership  (Read 185 times)

• Liked: 3
ILR application - property ownership
« on: December 15, 2022, 10:48:14 AM »
Hi everyone!

My husband is due to file his ILR application in June 2023.  We're currently in the process of buying a flat (leasehold) - as we're buying leasehold from some existing tenants, our names won't be on the lease but we'll obviously be registered with the Land Registry as the owners. We're also getting a mortgage (in both our names).

Obviously for all our previous applications we've provided rental agreements + correspondence to prove that we live together. What will we need to provide in June given that we'll now be owning a property together? Is there anything I should be aware of now?

thanks!

• Liked: 6110
Re: ILR application - property ownership
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2022, 11:42:50 AM »
Hi everyone!

My husband is due to file his ILR application in June 2023.  We're currently in the process of buying a flat (leasehold) - as we're buying leasehold from some existing tenants, our names won't be on the lease but we'll obviously be registered with the Land Registry as the owners. We're also getting a mortgage (in both our names).

Obviously for all our previous applications we've provided rental agreements + correspondence to prove that we live together. What will we need to provide in June given that we'll now be owning a property together? Is there anything I should be aware of now?

thanks!

You'll need a copy of the land registry document (£3 online) and your most recent mortgage statement and council tax bill.

The correspondence evidence is required as before, spaced since your last grant of leave to remain.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2022, 12:13:25 PM »
You'll need a copy of the land registry document (£3 online) and your most recent mortgage statement and council tax bill.

The correspondence evidence is required as before, spaced since your last grant of leave to remain.

Amazing, thank you!!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2022, 07:07:24 PM »
Congrats on the flat, by the way!  :)

Sponsored Links