Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLRM Query  (Read 2390 times)

• Liked: 0
FLRM Query
« on: December 27, 2022, 03:01:45 PM »
Hi all! I hope you had a lovely Christmas. My husbands BRP is valid to 21 Dec 2023, he came over here on a spousal visa initially. When would he apply for the FLRM? I was just wondering when is best to?

We still have a lot of time but trying to be prepared as it comes round so fast!

• Liked: 6110
Re: FLRM Query
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2022, 04:20:55 PM »
Hi all! I hope you had a lovely Christmas. My husbands BRP is valid to 21 Dec 2023, he came over here on a spousal visa initially. When would he apply for the FLRM? I was just wondering when is best to?

We still have a lot of time but trying to be prepared as it comes round so fast!

He can apply from 28 days before the 2.5 year anniversary of the date he arrived, up until the expiration date of the BRP.  If you leave it a bit before you apply, it'll give you a larger window at ILR time.

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022, 04:46:23 PM »
He can apply from 28 days before the 2.5 year anniversary of the date he arrived, up until the expiration date of the BRP.  If you leave it a bit before you apply, it'll give you a larger window at ILR time.

Thank you! That is super helpful. I think he will be applying November ish. Is he still okay to work and stuff, like whilst waiting for the decision to come in? It can take a while sometimes! So would he still be able to stay in the country?

• Liked: 404
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2022, 05:43:23 PM »
Thank you! That is super helpful. I think he will be applying November ish. Is he still okay to work and stuff, like whilst waiting for the decision to come in? It can take a while sometimes! So would he still be able to stay in the country?

Once the application is submitted the applicant's previous visa status is continued automatically and remains in place until decision, irresepective of expiry dates on BRP etc.  So he is fine to work + stay in the country after the application. 

Good luck

« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 05:45:24 PM by mbmoffat »
UK Spouse Visa Super Priority
2008-2012  Met/Married/Children

24APR Spouse Visa Application
05MAY Biometrics
24JULY Decision 54BD 
17AUG  Landed UK

21JAN FLRM Application
06FEB Biometrics
06FEB Approval email

22JULY ILR SET(M) Application (5 years since landing minus 27 days)
18AUG ILR Biometrics
22AUG ILR Approval email
26AUG Citizenship Application
30AUG Citizenship Biometrics (via IDV App)
21NOV Citizenship Approval email
20DEC Citizenship Ceremony
20DEC British Passport Application

14JAN British Passport Delivered

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2022, 07:18:31 PM »
Just as Matt says; the section 3C rules are here if you'd like to see them for peace of mind.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1066178/3C_and_3D_leave_v11b.pdf

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2023, 04:36:00 PM »
Thank you so much both of you and Happy New Year!

I dont know why but i always found it hard understanding the 28 day rule of evidence etc which probably sounds a little silly but this is the timeline we were thinking of:

So my husband moved here on 26 April 2021, we would apply for the renewal on maybe November 1 2023 (his BRP expires 21 December 2023, so is this an okay kinda time?) if we did apply then, would I be using payslips from May 2023, June 2023, July 2023, August 2023, September 2023, October 2023? or would I also need April 2023? same with bank statements... i just wasn't too sure on the dates. So my letter from employer etc, could they need to be dated any time from November 1 basically up to November 28?

Sorry for all this! Just preparing :)

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2023, 05:09:14 PM »
So my husband moved here on 26 April 2021, we would apply for the renewal on maybe November 1 2023 (his BRP expires 21 December 2023, so is this an okay kinda time?) if we did apply then, would I be using payslips from May 2023, June 2023, July 2023, August 2023, September 2023, October 2023? or would I also need April 2023? same with bank statements... i just wasn't too sure on the dates. So my letter from employer etc, could they need to be dated any time from November 1 basically up to November 28?

For the 28-day requirement, the most recent payslip, bank statement and the employer letter must all be dated no more than 28 days before the date you apply online.

So, the date in November that you should apply will be determined by what date(s) you will actually be able to get physical copies of those documents.

For example, if the October payslip is issued on Oct 31st 2023, you may have to wait a few days after that before you can submit the online application, so that you have all of the following in your possession
- the Oct 31st payslip
- a bank statement covering up to at least Oct 31st showing the payslip was deposited on that date (i.e. you may not be able to get this until a couple of days into November)
- the letter from the employer confirming the details of the Oct 31st payslip and the date of the bank deposit (again, you may not be able to get this until early November)

Once you have all of the above, you can then submit the online application within 28 days of the earliest date printed on them (i.e. if the payslip is dated Oct 31st, the bank statement Nov 3rd and the employer letter Nov 5th, you only have until Nov 28th to apply... 28 days after Oct 31st).

In regards to how many payslips you need, you take the date of the most recent payslip, count back 6 months, and then you make sure that the first payslip you include covers that date.

For example, if the latest payslip is dated Oct 31st, 6 months before that will be April 30th... so the first payslip MUST explicitly cover the date of April 30th.

So, you would need the following payslips:
April
May
June
July
August
Sept
Oct

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2023, 05:48:03 PM »
For the 28-day requirement, the most recent payslip, bank statement and the employer letter must all be dated no more than 28 days before the date you apply online.

So, the date in November that you should apply will be determined by what date(s) you will actually be able to get physical copies of those documents.

For example, if the October payslip is issued on Oct 31st 2023, you may have to wait a few days after that before you can submit the online application, so that you have all of the following in your possession
- the Oct 31st payslip
- a bank statement covering up to at least Oct 31st showing the payslip was deposited on that date (i.e. you may not be able to get this until a couple of days into November)
- the letter from the employer confirming the details of the Oct 31st payslip and the date of the bank deposit (again, you may not be able to get this until early November)

Once you have all of the above, you can then submit the online application within 28 days of the earliest date printed on them (i.e. if the payslip is dated Oct 31st, the bank statement Nov 3rd and the employer letter Nov 5th, you only have until Nov 28th to apply... 28 days after Oct 31st).

In regards to how many payslips you need, you take the date of the most recent payslip, count back 6 months, and then you make sure that the first payslip you include covers that date.

For example, if the latest payslip is dated Oct 31st, 6 months before that will be April 30th... so the first payslip MUST explicitly cover the date of April 30th.

So, you would need the following payslips:
April
May
June
July
August
Sept
Oct

Thank you! I thought I replied to this and realised I didn’t! I was thinking about the dates today etc and his BRP expires 21 Dec, I’m terrible with the dates it sounds so silly, but could be apply say, 27 November? I had that date in mind because I’d have my payslips for that month by then etc!

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2023, 07:02:41 PM »
Hi all!

So just preparing for the next visa, which I know isn't for a few months but it's April already!

I was wondering if any one could have a little look over what we plan to use for correspondence and let me know if this sounds good? I would be super grateful.

Our 2 years would start from November I believe. (Hubby moved over here April 2021)

November 2021: BT Bill (Joint)

April 2022: Me - Solicitor Letter, Husband - Bank Statement.

September 2022: Joint Scottish Gas Bill

February 2023:  Hubby - HMRC, Me - HMRC

July 2023:  Joint Scottish Gas Bill 

November 2023: Joint BT Bill

Would be applying after 27th November likely. BRP expires 21 Dec :)

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2023, 09:50:43 AM »
Hi everyone, I was wondering are the below docs okay? It’s the timing of them that confuses me! If I did every 4 months I’d have 7 docs I think? so would it be 4 months and then 1 doc with a five month gap?

Thank you!! :)

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2023, 12:09:32 PM »
Hi everyone, I was wondering are the below docs okay? It’s the timing of them that confuses me! If I did every 4 months I’d have 7 docs I think? so would it be 4 months and then 1 doc with a five month gap?

Thank you!! :)

We recommend going with 7 docs and the even 4 month gap.

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2023, 12:18:20 PM »
We recommend going with 7 docs and the even 4 month gap.
Thank you! That is great!  :)

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2023, 01:20:23 PM »
Hi everyone! So me and hubby are planning going to USA for a week end of September. His visa renewal is going to be end of November as the BRP expires on 21 Dec.

Is there anything we need to keep in mind for travel? Like he is allowed to leave the country before applying isn’t he? I wasn’t sure if there’s any requirements I know that sounds silly!

Also his passport when he moved here on the first spousal visa, it said it was only valid for 2 months but is that because he has his BRP? Sorry for all the questions! I was just wondering if that was standard for it only to show two months?

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2023, 04:19:40 PM »
Hi everyone! So me and hubby are planning going to USA for a week end of September. His visa renewal is going to be end of November as the BRP expires on 21 Dec.

Is there anything we need to keep in mind for travel? Like he is allowed to leave the country before applying isn’t he? I wasn’t sure if there’s any requirements I know that sounds silly!

Also his passport when he moved here on the first spousal visa, it said it was only valid for 2 months but is that because he has his BRP? Sorry for all the questions! I was just wondering if that was standard for it only to show two months?

You can travel. Yes, the initial time was to do you until you got the BRP.
Enjoy your vacation.  :)

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2023, 09:25:57 AM »
Hi all,

We are going to be applying for my husbands spousal visa renewal early December! I was just wondering if anyone would be able to have a look at what our documents we will be using sounds like? I always worry when it comes to the visas, just want to make sure everything is 100%

My husband moved over on the first spousal visa April 2021.

We have:
November 2021: BT Bill (Joint but also has my mums name as we were staying with her then)
March 2022: Husband has a U.K. bank statement and I have a Vodafone Bill
July 2022:  Husband has a US bank statement and I have a finance letter
November 2022: Joint British Gas Bill
March 2023: Joint Council Tax Statement
July 2023: Husband has a US bank statement and I have a finance letter
November 2023: Planning on using our British Gas statement

We will be applying first week of Dec some time so likely wouldn’t have any mail for Dec yet.

I was also wondering since we are applying December, I get paid on November 27th so we’d be using payslips from:
May, June, July, August, September, October, November. Does that sound right?

Thank you so much again for everyone’s help! I am a worrier as you can likely tell  :-\\\\

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab