Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Changing address during 5 year visa process  (Read 1861 times)

• Liked: 4
Changing address during 5 year visa process
« on: January 05, 2023, 05:37:56 PM »
Hi, my wife is in the final year of her 5 year visa process…next step ILR application on or about 22nd July 2023.

Will moving house (within the same postcode area so not far) impact her application in any way…tbf we’d delay moving if it had a detrimental impact.

Any advice gratefully received.

On a slightly different but related note, can my wife apply to get super priority on the ILR application before 22nd July 2023

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 05:42:24 PM by StripyVillain »

• Liked: 3595
Re: Changing address during 5 year visa process
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2023, 06:44:40 PM »
Will moving house (within the same postcode area so not far) impact her application in any way…tbf we’d delay moving if it had a detrimental impact.

Not at all - if you move house, you just need to let UKVI know so they can update her personal details in their computer system. It's just a quick online form that you fill out and submit.

See here for how to do that:
https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

The only time it might get a bit tricky is if you move house between submitting the ILR application and the new visa being granted, as there's always the chance that they won't see the new address in time and will send the new visa to the old address... but if you move before she applies for ILR, it shouldn't be an issue.

On a slightly different but related note, can my wife apply to get super priority on the ILR application before 22nd July 2023

The date she can apply online and purchase Super Priority will depend on what date she initially entered the UK on her spousal visa 5 years ago.

I see from your previous posts that she entered the UK on 22nd July 2018. Therefore she can apply for ILR (with or without Super Priority) up to 28 days before 22nd July 2023, which is 24th June 2023.

So, she can submit the online application (and purchase Super Priority, which is done at the time of application) on any date between 24th June 2023 and the expiry date of her current BRP card.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 06:53:30 PM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 4
Re: Changing address during 5 year visa process
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023, 11:42:48 AM »
Thanks, useful and concise as always. Really appreciate the advice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links