Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Lost BRP  (Read 675 times)

• Liked: 5
Lost BRP
« on: January 10, 2023, 01:26:38 PM »
Hi everyone,
Does anyone have any experience with a lost BRP.
My husband passed his life in the uk test over the weekend, and has since lost his BRP. Thinks the test centre never returned it.
His visa expires on 4th April, if he requests a new one will it be here in time? Does he need his BRP for ILR(M) I have a copy of it, will it be void if I report it lost.

• Liked: 4985
Re: Lost BRP
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2023, 01:41:42 PM »
Has he gone back to the test centre to ask if they have it?

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2023, 02:51:25 PM »
Called life in the uk helpline who have said they’ve not had any BRPs reported from the centre as lost and found. The centre is nearly 2 hours away from us, so a rather long journey and was hoping they would have reported it  :(

• Liked: 98
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2023, 05:17:27 PM »
I just took my Life in the UK test this weekend and they had me put my belongings into a locker but told me to take my passport into the testing room with me. It never left my possession except when they looked at it briefly to check my details. Did they actually take it off him and keep it??

Mine was at a CTP in Nottingham and the sheet of info they gave us said any lost articles would be kept for 30 days, so definitely worth contacting them directly if possible. There’s a simple form you can submit to request a replacement BRP for a lost card but there’s a cost and probably a long wait as with all things UKVI!
FLR(M) #1 (±25 WD)
Applied from: D.C.
Priority: Yes (VFS Gold Premuim)
Applied: 17 Nov 17
Appt at PAC: 29 Nov 17
Decision Email: 5 Jan 18
Passport sent to PAC:  8 Jan 18
Passport rcv'd: 13 Jan 18
Moved to UK: 1 Feb 18
——————————————
FLR(M) #2 (±97 WD)
Applied: 25 Jul 20
IDV: 9 Sep 20
Priority: No (n/a)
Approval: 9 Dec 20
BRP rcv’d: 18 Feb 20
——————————————
ILR
Applied: 11 Jan 23
Priority: Super
Bio Appt: 7 Feb 23
Approval: 7 Feb 23
BRP rcv’d: 10 Feb 23
——————————————
Citizenship
Online App: 24 Feb 24
Bio Appt: 2 Mar 24
Awaiting Decision

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2023, 05:55:20 PM »
My husband said one person took it to verify his details whilst dealing with someone else and then another lady gave him a piece of paper of information of how to get his pass results online. Think he was so happy he passed that he forgot about it! Just worried about not having it in time for us wanting to submit for ILR a in March!

• Liked: 404
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2023, 06:51:42 PM »
If the centre is 2 hours away I would drive there when it opens and check, or at the very least get in touch with the manager that day of that office - not the UK helpline.

Next I suggest explaining the situation with a letter in your ILR application.  I dont think you need the physical BRP for the ILR application, but where you might get stuffed is if you lose it, don't report it and don't re-apply within 3 months of losing it.  Being open and honest is vital.  Also if someone from the centre has found it they are supposed to return it to the address below, presuming the LITUK people follow procedure...

There is some clear guidance if a BRP is lost - and the Home Office considers it sufficiently important they will get in touch within 1 day of reporting it.

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/lost-stolen-damaged#:~:text=or%20stolen%20BRC.-,If%20you're%20in%20the%20UK,a%20replacement%20within%203%20months.

If your BRP is lost or stolen
You can report your biometric residence permit (BRP) lost or stolen from inside or outside the UK. You can only apply for a replacement from inside the UK.

The Home Office will contact you within one working day of reporting it.

You can get someone to report for you, for example a legal representative, a charity, employer, college or university.

There are other ways to prove your immigration status while you wait for a replacement BRP.

BRPs are different from biometric residence cards (BRCs). BRCs are also called ‘UK residence cards’. You might have one if you’re in the UK as a family member of someone from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein. Find out how to report a lost or stolen BRC.

If you’re in the UK
If your lost or stolen BRP was valid for 3 months or more, report it and apply for a replacement. You must do this within 3 months of losing it.

You can be fined up to £1,000 and made to leave the UK if you do not apply for a replacement within 3 months.

If your BRP was valid for 3 months or less, you must do one of the following:

report it as lost or stolen if you do not intend to remain in the UK after its expiry date
apply for a replacement if you plan to leave and re-enter the UK within 3 months of its expiry date
apply to extend your visa if you want to stay in the UK after its expiry date - if granted, you’ll automatically get a new BRP

If you find your BRP after reporting it lost or stolen
You will not be able to use your BRP if you find it after you report it lost or stolen.

If you’re in the UK, you’ll still need to apply for a replacement.

If you’re outside the UK, you’ll still need to apply for a ‘replacement BRP visa’ to travel back to the UK before applying for a replacement.

When your replacement arrives, cut your older BRP into pieces and post it to the Home Office. Make sure you cut through:

your personal details
the royal coat of arms
the gold biometric chip, if your card has one
Returns Unit
PO Box 195
Bristol
BS20 1BT

If you’ve found someone else’s lost or stolen BRP
If you’re in the UK, post the BRP to the Home Office using an envelope without a window.

Returns Unit
PO Box 195
Bristol
BS20 1BT
Do not send any other items or documents with the BRP - they’ll be destroyed.

If you’re outside the UK, hand the BRP in to the police or to the nearest British embassy or consulate.

Good luck!...

« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 06:58:52 PM by mbmoffat »
UK Spouse Visa Super Priority
2008-2012  Met/Married/Children

24APR Spouse Visa Application
05MAY Biometrics
24JULY Decision 54BD 
17AUG  Landed UK

21JAN FLRM Application
06FEB Biometrics
06FEB Approval email

22JULY ILR SET(M) Application (5 years since landing minus 27 days)
18AUG ILR Biometrics
22AUG ILR Approval email
26AUG Citizenship Application
30AUG Citizenship Biometrics (via IDV App)
21NOV Citizenship Approval email
20DEC Citizenship Ceremony
20DEC British Passport Application

14JAN British Passport Delivered

Re: Land registry
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2023, 07:09:24 PM »
We’ve got said lost BRP back wooohooo! One stress down and another comes along… we moved house 27 months ago, in August i chased the solicitor who said they had a huge back log, so I left it to find out yesterday our land registry application has just been cancelled due to our solicitor not providing documents required. They have resubmitted and have said they can expedite the application but need proof that the land registry is needed for the visa. Where can I find the document which shows the land registry is needed? I always rely on your lists that I can’t find the documentation list anywhere  :(

• Liked: 6110
Re: Land registry
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2023, 11:25:43 AM »
We’ve got said lost BRP back wooohooo! One stress down and another comes along… we moved house 27 months ago, in August i chased the solicitor who said they had a huge back log, so I left it to find out yesterday our land registry application has just been cancelled due to our solicitor not providing documents required. They have resubmitted and have said they can expedite the application but need proof that the land registry is needed for the visa. Where can I find the document which shows the land registry is needed? I always rely on your lists that I can’t find the documentation list anywhere  :(

Ownership/occupation
The applicant should provide evidence as to the basis on which the accommodation is or will be owned or occupied (including rented) by the family unit. This may for example be in the form of a copy of the property deeds, a letter from a bank or building society as to the mortgage arrangements, a lease agreement and rent book, or a letter from a family member or friend who is making the accommodation available to the applicant and their family unit.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1039150/Appendix_FM_Section_1.7A_Adequate_maintenance_and_accommodation.pdf

It's not an absolute requirement as it isn't always available, as in the case of a move close to an application but you do need to prove that you are living in your accommodation legally, in your case that does mean to prove ownership.

An alternative would be for the solicitor to provide a letter stating what has happened. That in addition to your other proof; documents pertaining to the sale and recent mortgage statement (and council tax bill) should be fine.

Re: ILR(M)
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2023, 09:30:10 PM »
Hello hello, how is everyone?
Just going to sit down and start finding documents for this wonderful visa!
My husbands FLR(M) was issued on 09/09/2020 and expires 04/04/2023
How should I space the documents?
When should my first piece be dated and is it every 4 months?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab