Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR and voluntary resignation impact  (Read 271 times)

• Liked: 25
ILR and voluntary resignation impact
« on: January 12, 2023, 09:05:22 AM »
RE: How will upcoming job resignation impact application?

I am applying for ILR (SetM) in early March 2023.

I am currently on maternity leave and had planned on submitting payslips for the period before I started maternity leave as well as employer letter and P60 to evidence my income. My original return date was at the end of May 2023 (a full year).

My employer is offering a voluntary resignation scheme meaning if I was offered it, I would be notified in February and my notice period (3 months) would start immediately. I could stay on maternity leave during my notice period. They have said that in their employer letter to UKVI they would state that my contract was coming to an end in May. I am interested in applying because we moved during the pandemic and a 3.5 hr commute (even for 1-2 days/week) is not sustainable. This scheme allows me to exit my employment without needing to return to the office and is the fastest possible route to stopping work there and starting elsewhere (and financially advantageous in the long run). My employer is offering a one-off payment for approved applications (paid out at the end of the notice period). The application must be submitted by Sunday 15 January.

How much of an issue is this if I don't already have another job lined up? I am applying for jobs but am concerned about whether I will have one by the time I submit my ILR application.

As an aside, we do have a flat that we have let since May 2021 and have records showing the income from this exceeds the £18,600 requirement. This is the first year we are doing self assessment with it (2021-2022 tax year). Could I use this as a "back up" to show income?

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Type of Application: Priority Settlement Spouse Visa
Online Application: 24 Feb 18 from CO
Biometrics: 27 Feb 18 in CO
Application sent: 28 Feb 18
Decision email received: 28 Mar 18 (16 BD)
Passport received: 30 Mar 18
Landed in UK: 4 Apr 18

FLR(m) 2020
Applied: 7 Sept 20
Biometrics: 16 Oct 20
Granted: 6 Nov 20

ILR-SET(m)
Applied: 8 Mar 23
Biometrics: 27 Mar 23
Granted: 28 Mar 23

Citizenship
Applied: 17 July 23
Biometrics: 04 Aug 23
Granted: 13 Nov 2023
Ceremony booked: 16 January 2024🇬🇧

• Liked: 6110
Re: ILR and voluntary resignation impact
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 09:40:35 AM »
RE: How will upcoming job resignation impact application?

I am applying for ILR (SetM) in early March 2023.

I am currently on maternity leave and had planned on submitting payslips for the period before I started maternity leave as well as employer letter and P60 to evidence my income. My original return date was at the end of May 2023 (a full year).

My employer is offering a voluntary resignation scheme meaning if I was offered it, I would be notified in February and my notice period (3 months) would start immediately. I could stay on maternity leave during my notice period. They have said that in their employer letter to UKVI they would state that my contract was coming to an end in May. I am interested in applying because we moved during the pandemic and a 3.5 hr commute (even for 1-2 days/week) is not sustainable. This scheme allows me to exit my employment without needing to return to the office and is the fastest possible route to stopping work there and starting elsewhere (and financially advantageous in the long run). My employer is offering a one-off payment for approved applications (paid out at the end of the notice period). The application must be submitted by Sunday 15 January.

How much of an issue is this if I don't already have another job lined up? I am applying for jobs but am concerned about whether I will have one by the time I submit my ILR application.

As an aside, we do have a flat that we have let since May 2021 and have records showing the income from this exceeds the £18,600 requirement. This is the first year we are doing self assessment with it (2021-2022 tax year). Could I use this as a "back up" to show income?

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

It looks to be fairly easy to evidence rental income so unless you have savings (£34.6k for ILR) which is even easier, I'd go with that.

10. In respect of non-employment income all the following evidence, in relation to the form of income relied upon, must be provided:
(a) To evidence property rental income:
(i) Confirmation that the person or the person and their partner jointly own the property for which the rental income is received, through:
(1) A copy of the title deeds of the property or of the title register from the Land Registry (or overseas equivalent); or
(2) A mortgage statement.
(ii) personal bank statements for or from the 12-month period prior to the date of application showing the income relied upon was paid into an account in the name of the person or of the person and their partner jointly.
(iii) A rental agreement or contract.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2023, 10:57:59 AM »
Thank you so much.

If I'm reading that guidance correctly, it's the net income (eg what hits the bank account) rather than gross (rental payment paid before management fees or maintenance) that's counted?

FLR(m) 2020

ILR-SET(m)

Citizenship
Biometrics: 04 Aug 23
Granted: 13 Nov 2023
Ceremony booked: 16 January 2024🇬🇧

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2023, 11:05:50 AM »
Thank you so much.

If I'm reading that guidance correctly, it's the net income (eg what hits the bank account) rather than gross (rental payment paid before management fees or maintenance) that's counted?

It might be explained in more detail here.  https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1039148/1.7_-_Financial_requirement.pdf

Yes, it says
The amount of rental income from property received before any management fee was deducted may be counted.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 11:07:57 AM by larrabee »

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2023, 11:08:39 AM »
Thank you for finding that for me!

"The amount of rental income from property received before any management fee was deducted may be counted."

:)

FLR(m) 2020

ILR-SET(m)

Citizenship