Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR and separation from spouse  (Read 338 times)

• Liked: 19
ILR and separation from spouse
« on: March 06, 2023, 11:51:02 AM »
If I am living in the UK on indefinite leave to remain, do I need to inform home office of seperation with my partner?
It doesn't cost a thing to treat others with kindness.

• Liked: 6110
Re: ILR and separation from spouse
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2023, 12:30:04 PM »
If I am living in the UK on indefinite leave to remain, do I need to inform home office of seperation with my partner?

I read the title and was afraid you were separating before ILR in which case you would.

But as you already have ILR, you do not.  :)

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 10:54:24 AM »
I was wondering the same thing, as I was granted ILR back in 2019, and my husband and I are separated and getting divorced. I was under the impression that I needed to notify the home office based on what I read in the Gov website

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2023, 12:15:33 PM »
I was wondering the same thing, as I was granted ILR back in 2019, and my husband and I are separated and getting divorced. I was under the impression that I needed to notify the home office based on what I read in the Gov website

Can you link to what you read?

• Liked: 342
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2023, 12:44:18 PM »
From the gov.uk site.

https://www.gov.uk/visas-when-you-separate-or-divorce

"Visas when you separate or divorce

Tell the Home Office

You must tell the Home Office when you divorce or separate from your partner if your visa is based on your relationship.

You must then either apply to stay in the UK or leave.

Your visa is based on your relationship if you have permission to stay in the UK for a limited time as:

a dependant on your partner’s UK visa
    a spouse or partner on a family visa

Your visa may also be based on your relationship if you have a family permit.

The same rules apply if your ex-partner’s visa is based on your relationship (for example they’re your dependant or you’re their ‘sponsor’)."

If you have ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain)as both of you two do,  then neither partner is required to tell the Home Office.  You can remain living in the UK with a valid Indefinite Leave to Remain.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2023, 12:53:16 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2023, 02:00:35 PM »
From the gov.uk site.

https://www.gov.uk/visas-when-you-separate-or-divorce [nofollow]

"Visas when you separate or divorce

Tell the Home Office

You must tell the Home Office when you divorce or separate from your partner if your visa is based on your relationship.

You must then either apply to stay in the UK or leave.

Your visa is based on your relationship if you have permission to stay in the UK for a limited time as:

a dependant on your partner’s UK visa
    a spouse or partner on a family visa

Your visa may also be based on your relationship if you have a family permit.

The same rules apply if your ex-partner’s visa is based on your relationship (for example they’re your dependant or you’re their ‘sponsor’)."

If you have ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain)as both of you two do,  then neither partner is required to tell the Home Office.  You can remain living in the UK with a valid Indefinite Leave to Remain.
Ahhhhh thank you! Reading it again makes sense now I swear I have such airhead moments sometimes hahah

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links