Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: A few ILR questions  (Read 317 times)

• Liked: 25
A few ILR questions
« on: March 15, 2023, 11:30:55 AM »
Hello All,

Thank you in advance for any help. I'm [preparing for my ILR Application and have a few questions that I'm hoping you can provide some enlightenment on. I've looked around on the boards and I wasn't clear on the answers to any of the below.

1) One of my parents is back in the US and is in poor health. What were to happen if they took a turn for the worse during my application period? Are there any compassionate rules in regards to emergency travel?

2) I've recently moved house and made the big mistake of not transferring my physical bank statements to my new address. I've contacted the bank (NatWest) to correct this going forward. In an effort to try to resolve this relatively seamlessly, they have also posted a 'Statement of Account' covering the period of 1st Aug to 6th March and all of my pay deposits. Apart from a couple of barcodes on the side, it doesn't look too different to something that could be printed on any home computer. Whilst it was mailed to me directly from them, I'm not sure if it counts as an official copy.

3) My BRP expires on 3rd June, but I understand from other posts that I may be eligible to apply early due to the offices being closed at the peak of COVID. my 5 year 'entry' anniversary elapsed back in October. Whilst I've seen this mentioned in the forums, I can't find the same information on any official resources. Is there an official resource that I could reference?

Again, Thanks all. It's amazing that this community exists and has helped so many people through the years!

• Liked: 6110
Re: A few ILR questions
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2023, 11:35:55 AM »
Hello All,

Thank you in advance for any help. I'm [preparing for my ILR Application and have a few questions that I'm hoping you can provide some enlightenment on. I've looked around on the boards and I wasn't clear on the answers to any of the below.

1) One of my parents is back in the US and is in poor health. What were to happen if they took a turn for the worse during my application period? Are there any compassionate rules in regards to emergency travel?

2) I've recently moved house and made the big mistake of not transferring my physical bank statements to my new address. I've contacted the bank (NatWest) to correct this going forward. In an effort to try to resolve this relatively seamlessly, they have also posted a 'Statement of Account' covering the period of 1st Aug to 6th March and all of my pay deposits. Apart from a couple of barcodes on the side, it doesn't look too different to something that could be printed on any home computer. Whilst it was mailed to me directly from them, I'm not sure if it counts as an official copy.

3) My BRP expires on 3rd June, but I understand from other posts that I may be eligible to apply early due to the offices being closed at the peak of COVID. my 5 year 'entry' anniversary elapsed back in October. Whilst I've seen this mentioned in the forums, I can't find the same information on any official resources. Is there an official resource that I could reference?

Again, Thanks all. It's amazing that this community exists and has helped so many people through the years!

1- Very sorry. Try to get a premium appointment which provides a decision within a day or so.

2- Anything which comes directly from the bank is an original.

3- Assuming you arrived on a spouse visa, you can apply any time now, but before the expiration of your BRP.  You can apply from 28 days before the 5 year anniversary (or 28 days before the date of your first FLR approval if you came in as a FiancĂ©)

• Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2023, 01:23:00 PM »
Hi,

So to clarify if my wife's first entry date on the settlement visa (not fiance) to the UK was 25th June 2018 (date the immigration officer stamped her passport at Heathrow) then the earliest we can apply for IRL would be 28 days before the 5 year anniversary of that day which would be 28th May 2023?
And the latest we could apply would be the expiration of her BRP - which I think is around October time...?

On another note I too am looking to move house fairly soon, I imagine the best thing to do would be wait to purchase until after this process is done and try and apply as early as possible. Makes the correspondence stuff a lot easier!?
Met: 10 September 2014
Engaged: 15 August 2016
Married: 27 March 2018
Online App: 13 April 18
Biometrics: 17 April 18
Priority App Sent: 17 April 18
App Arrived Email: 20 April 18
Decision Email:

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2023, 06:12:06 PM »
Hi,

So to clarify if my wife's first entry date on the settlement visa (not fiance) to the UK was 25th June 2018 (date the immigration officer stamped her passport at Heathrow) then the earliest we can apply for IRL would be 28 days before the 5 year anniversary of that day which would be 28th May 2023?
And the latest we could apply would be the expiration of her BRP - which I think is around October time...?

On another note I too am looking to move house fairly soon, I imagine the best thing to do would be wait to purchase until after this process is done and try and apply as early as possible. Makes the correspondence stuff a lot easier!?

I haven't counted the days to see if the May date is correct, but yet. 28 days before the 5 year anniversary of the date she was stamped in up until the expiration date is right.

If you will be needing a mortgage and she'll be on it, you'll get a better rate if she has ILR. In fact they might not like it much if she's close to the expiry of a current visa anyway.
From the visa standpoint it doesn't really make much of a difference. It would depend on timing but you'd only perhaps need a bank statement each for the new place, which shouldn't be that hard to organise.

Sponsored Links