Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Lost Newbie!!!!!!!  (Read 764 times)

Lost Newbie!!!!!!!
« on: June 12, 2003, 08:21:09 PM »
Greetings everyone...

I am a Brooklynite hoping to move to London.  I would just like to start over someplace else.  I tend to be more focused when I'm in a new environment.  I have no hubby, no fiance or any significant other to help out with the visa issues so I'm starting from scratch.  (Actually, with the help of this site, I'm not starting from scratch----THANKS!!!)  Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start?  Thank you for your time...

• Wishstar
  • Fully Certified British Citizen

• Supplier of useless knowledge
    • An American in London
  • Liked: 1
Re: Lost Newbie!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2003, 08:29:08 PM »
Hi Oshun, welcome to the site.

There's lots of good moving advice in the Visa's section with links to info on what options are available to people in your situation.  It is hard to move here without all those things you listed, but it can be done!  Best of luck.  :)

• Garden Butterflies
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2003, 11:05:18 PM »
Welcome Oshun,  Wishstar stated what I would have said with the visa boards...  What type of visa are you going to try for?

I wish you luck...  starting over in a new place can be very cleansing to ones soul...  keep us posted...  and have a great day!

Shel
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

• Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2003, 07:05:13 AM »
Hi Oshun!

Just wanted to welcome you formally. I also wanted to let you know that despite the difficulties that you may encounter by not being married or getting married to someone in the UK,  you can still harness the power of you dream.

It's hard and not perfect but where there is a will there is a way they say.

I lived illegally and legally in several different countries and can tell you not to let the naysayers get in  the way.

I do think you need to be realistic and think about some of the "what if's", but don't let them defeat you.

How many older people that have truly experenced life to its fullest do you see being miserable?  It is those that never live any of their dreams that get to an age where they are no longer able to do much about it.

Sorry about the rant, but I am sure that in the future you will hear plenty from more grounded folks than I.  

Try school, exchange programs, volunteer networks etc.  Good Luck!
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2003, 02:41:44 PM »
Thank you guys so much for the encouragement and the information.  I am taking everything into consideration and I'm sure there will be positive results.  I'll be in London next month so I'll do some snooping around then...

Thanks Again...

• Bo Selecta!!
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2003, 05:34:01 PM »

« Last Edit: June 16, 2003, 03:38:52 PM by vnicepeeps »
...We're not bad people.;D

• Living by the sea with the man of my dreams!
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2003, 07:59:45 AM »
Welcome to UKY, Oshun! I'm sure you'll find a way to get to the UK.  This is such a great site...you'll learn so much plus it's very, very addictive!

-Sandy

:)
Life should NOT be a journey to the
grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well
preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand,
wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and
screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Caution: wench on board
    • Wenchstead