Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Getting Ready for FLR(M) Application  (Read 2042 times)

• Liked: 16
Re: Getting Ready for FLR(M) Application
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2023, 09:13:27 AM »
You're good. It's ok.  :). It's been a bit quiet here lately so not as many people are seeing your questions.

1- It's pretty close so shouldn't be a problem. Do make sure you have at least 3 sources though.

2-This should not be a problem either. It's fine to address it in your cover letter though.

3- Yes. You need this for the accommodation evidence anyway.

Thank you so much! I just have myself so concerned that we've missed something, and for some reason the stakes feel higher this time around. Does everything else look ok, in your option?

Last time I applied was during the pandemic and I still had a few months left on my student visa, so I guess it seemed like there were bigger things to worry about and I had a bit of a buffer in case there was a problem... this time I'd just hate to throw away my progress for a small error!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2023, 01:48:27 PM »
Thank you so much! I just have myself so concerned that we've missed something, and for some reason the stakes feel higher this time around. Does everything else look ok, in your option?

Last time I applied was during the pandemic and I still had a few months left on my student visa, so I guess it seemed like there were bigger things to worry about and I had a bit of a buffer in case there was a problem... this time I'd just hate to throw away my progress for a small error!

Would you mind doing your list again so we can see the updated version? I don't see marriage certificate on it, for example, but someone might have pointed that out in an earlier answer.

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2023, 01:55:29 PM »
Would you mind doing your list again so we can see the updated version? I don't see marriage certificate on it, for example, but someone might have pointed that out in an earlier answer.

I picked up on that after I posted the list the first time, luckily!

The list, as it stands, is:

Accommodation Requirements:

current lease with both our names (dated August 2022) (we do have a guarantor, as we did last time because the lease is the same, but he isn't listed as a resident or anything so we don't have any documents from him - we also didn't have any documents from him last time and it was fine)
most recent council tax bill with both our names (March 2023)

Financial Requirements:

husband's payslips October 2022-April 2023 - dated 21 each month, for noted pay period ending at the end of the month
husband's bank statements showing the above deposits
employment letter confirming the above are genuine, to be signed by his manager when she returns from holiday next week

Relationship Evidence

April 2021: joint bank statement
August 2021: my bank statement, a water bill in his name
December 2021: joint bank statement
April 2022: joint bank statement
August 2022: joint bank statement
December 2022: energy bill in his name, NHS letter to me (dated 3 January)
April 2023: council tax bill dated mid-March

Marriage certificate (neither of us have been married before or have any children, together or separately, so no documents there to provide)

Other

Cover letter explaining why our titles don't match on things
Scan of my current passport
Scan of my old passport (that I first entered the UK on in 2014 as a student)
Scan of the front page of my husband’s passport
Scan of my BRP
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 08:01:52 PM by cityplanner »

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2023, 08:14:08 AM »
Does this list look ok to anyone? Hoping to apply today…

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2023, 08:37:39 AM »
Does this list look ok to anyone? Hoping to apply today…

The bank statements don't just need to show the deposits, they need to cover the same whole 6 month period that you are relying on. So just make sure that this is the case.

The employment letter needs to contain the following, although it's fine to have them authenticate the payslips in the same letter.

(i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

Optional but recommended P60 and job contract.

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2023, 09:18:06 AM »
The letter includes those things, and the bank statements are from October (including transactions from September) to April.

I thought I'd said all that somewhere, but I've replied to myself a bunch of times so I probably forgot it somewhere and have only been clogging up the board - thanks for checking, and for suggesting adding the P60 and contract!

Do we need the full scan of my husband's passport? I saw KSand told someone else it was required, but we only included the bio page last time.

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2023, 08:54:25 PM »
Update: filled out the form and it specifically says every page of the passport, even the empty ones!

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2023, 01:55:33 PM »
Help!

Just discovered an error on the employer letter in the column for "gross pay." 2 digits are transposed - 69 when it should be 96.

The net pay column is right, as are all the other details.

Should I just mention this in a cover letter, change it by hand, or do we need to go back to the employer? His boss is on leave for several weeks, and won't be back until our other documents are out of date, so that really screws things up if it's the last option.

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2023, 03:29:11 PM »
Help!

Just discovered an error on the employer letter in the column for "gross pay." 2 digits are transposed - 69 when it should be 96.

The net pay column is right, as are all the other details.

Should I just mention this in a cover letter, change it by hand, or do we need to go back to the employer? His boss is on leave for several weeks, and won't be back until our other documents are out of date, so that really screws things up if it's the last option.

I think the only thing you can do is go back to your employer.  Have someone else there do it for you before it's too late.

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2023, 03:31:27 PM »
I think the only thing you can do is go back to your employer.  Have someone else there do it for you before it's too late.

Do you not think it would be accepted as-is with a note acknowledging the typo? You said in a previous comment that the letter didn't even have to verify the pay slips, so I guess I'm a bit confused about the expectation here.

Edit to add that we're well above the financial requirement even if only the net income is taken into consideration; all of this information is correct on the letter. It seems like that would be ok:

Under paragraph 1(n) of Appendix FM-SE the gross amount of any cash income may be counted where the person’s specified bank statements show the deposit of the full net amount which relates to the gross amount shown on their payslips (or in the relevant specified evidence provided in addition to the specified bank statements in relation to non-employment income). Otherwise, only the net amount shown on the specified bank statements may be counted.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 03:40:59 PM by cityplanner »

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2023, 03:46:58 PM »
Do you not think it would be accepted as-is with a note acknowledging the typo? You said in a previous comment that the letter didn't even have to verify the pay slips, so I guess I'm a bit confused about the expectation here.

I didn't. I said it's fine to have the employer letter verify the pay slips, meaning as opposed to having two letters. One employers letter and two verification of payslip letter.

If you change the figure yourself it will be viewed as tampering with an official document. You should not do that.

One could argue that if the amount makes no difference to meeting the requirement then it's ok just to explain but If I were in your situation, I would have the letter done again. I wouldn't want to take any chances at all with something so important especially when there is a solution.

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2023, 03:53:22 PM »
I didn't. I said it's fine to have the employer letter verify the pay slips, meaning as opposed to having two letters. One employers letter and two verification of payslip letter.

If you change the figure yourself it will be viewed as tampering with an official document. You should not do that.

One could argue that if the amount makes no difference to meeting the requirement then it's ok just to explain but If I were in your situation, I would have the letter done again. I wouldn't want to take any chances at all with something so important especially when there is a solution.

I definitely won't change it myself then.

The amount is £27. He makes over £40,000 a year, so even using his take-home pay we meet the requirements and then some.

My logic is that addressing it in the letter shows that it isn't an attempt at deception, it's just a human mistake. As I said, getting the letter done again isn't really an option unless I want to re-do the rest of the dated evidence and wait until the week before the visa expires.

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2023, 08:29:56 PM »
I definitely won't change it myself then.

The amount is £27. He makes over £40,000 a year, so even using his take-home pay we meet the requirements and then some.

My logic is that addressing it in the letter shows that it isn't an attempt at deception, it's just a human mistake. As I said, getting the letter done again isn't really an option unless I want to re-do the rest of the dated evidence and wait until the week before the visa expires.

@ksand24 any thoughts?

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2023, 10:14:53 PM »
He’s spoken to his boss who can sign a corrected letter dated today, which he can collect when she’s back from leave - I haven’t paid for the application yet (planning to stay up tonight and do it) so as long as the letter dated today it should be fine, maybe?

I won’t be able to get a biometrics appointment for a bit, I assume, so there’s hopefully some time to play with.

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2023, 04:33:19 AM »

@ksand24 any thoughts?
I think getting a new letter would be the best and safest option.

We’ve seen people be refused before because there was a £0.01 difference between amounts on their financial documents, so personally I wouldn’t risk not getting a new letter.

As long as it is dated on or before the date you submit the online application, it should be fine. You just need to be sure that you will be able to pick it up in time for biometrics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links