Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Life in the UK Test - Difficulty with appointment application  (Read 312 times)

• Liked: 25
I am attempting to set up my appointment to take the 'Life in the UK' test and have run into an odd situation.

The initial Instructions say, "If you have a valid Biometric Residence Permit issued by the UKVI then you must bring this to the test centre as your ID."  It goes on to also say "The following details must be an exact match to the ID you will present at the test centre"

Now, when I look at my BRP, the place of birth is "Massachusetts, U"

I'm having difficulty following the instructions because no matter what I enter, I'm not actually matching the full request:
1) The BRP doesn't include information about town/city of birth
2) The BRP cuts off the USA portion of the location. It only says "Massachusetts, U" which isn't a real place and doesn't actually make sense.
3) Even if I ignore that I'm not able to type in "Massachusetts, U" because the online application won't accept commas. I can type "Massachusetts U" but that's not actually a match.

I'm leaning towards using "Massachusetts U" as the place of birth and bringing screenshots of the instructions. It feels like it's technically the closest match. Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab