Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: US/UK Financial Advisor  (Read 1163 times)

• and you are?
    • biggest APPLE
  • Liked: 0
US/UK Financial Advisor
« on: March 27, 2023, 06:23:46 PM »
Apologies as this doesn't quite fall under the subject of US/UK Taxes, but does anyone here have direct experience with a financial advisor they like who has expertise in both US & UK financial advice?

For my taxes I've been using Greenback which are fine but looking for advice that goes beyond tax filings (though there'd likely be tax implications to some of my queries).

Thanks

• Liked: 8
Re: US/UK Financial Advisor
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 10:20:47 PM »
Two different things in my experience.  If you know what you want to do, investment wise, go to a dual qualified accountant. I used Scott at US tax advisory service.    If you want financial advice and access to certain investments I had to get a wealth manager.   Only then was I fully compliant and invested appropriately.  They are hard to find, due to minimum investment amounts.  Nightmare. 

• Liked: 6
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 08:09:30 AM »
There are likely to be some folks on the Bogleheads forum who are in a similar position to you.  If they don’t have answers to a particular question that you might have they prrobably know a professional who might be able to help.  Just search Bogleheads on google.  Good luck.

• Liked: 6111
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2023, 09:05:22 AM »
Try Tanager Wealth Management. I haven't used them but they are regularly recommended here.

• Liked: 102
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2023, 04:42:48 PM »
I agree with Tinag. Most US/UK dually qualified tax professionals in the UK can provide guidance on the typical issues faced in terms of investments - both during lifetime and at death.  A financial adviser is invaluable in selecting and managing investments.

• and you are?
    • biggest APPLE
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2023, 01:55:23 PM »
Two different things in my experience.  If you know what you want to do, investment wise, go to a dual qualified accountant. I used Scott at US tax advisory service.    If you want financial advice and access to certain investments I had to get a wealth manager.   Only then was I fully compliant and invested appropriately.  They are hard to find, due to minimum investment amounts.  Nightmare. 
Thanks very much. Are you referring to Scott at taxadvisorypartnership.com?

• Liked: 8
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2023, 09:16:21 AM »
Thanks very much. Are you referring to Scott at taxadvisorypartnership.com?

Yes, I used Scott and Jeremy from Tanager Wealth

Sponsored Links