Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Stop the world --- I want to get off!  (Read 2274 times)

• Liked: 0
Stop the world --- I want to get off!
« on: March 31, 2023, 12:05:24 PM »

This is not doing my autistic stress levels any good.

Everywhere I look there is unease, division, uncertainty, and a general undertone of pending calamitous events.  I look at the big picture globally with China's surreptitious, clandestine, drive towards a new world order with its attempt to replace the international reserve status of the US dollar, with their further collusion with Russia and China's secretive  worldwide  infiltration's at all levels, e.g.my town's 900 year old Grammar School is now owned by China. The agenda 21 action plan devised at the UN Earth Summit held in Rio-de-Janeiro  on 13/06/1992 has now filtered through to the UK at local level with the most ridiculous, unworkable, access inconveniences.

The EU has swallowed agenda 21 hook line and sinker while there is considerable push back, e.g.:  The right-wing described Agenda 21 as a plot, disguised as an environmental movement, to end individual freedom and establish a one-world government and a new world order.(maybe under China?) Activists believed that the non-binding UN resolution was "the linchpin in a plot to subjugate humanity under an eco-totalitarian regime.

The UK's adoption of city driving restrictions, with pending control over how we spend our digital money is quickly drifting towards totalitarianism. What happened to our Magna Carta and our many other guaranteed freedoms of choice!  Why have we allowed ourselves to succumb to these political whims levering us to a controlled society like China's?  Wake up everyone!  This is the new reality.

• Liked: 676
Re: Stop the world --- I want to get off!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2023, 10:31:03 PM »
Stop watching whatever TV/internet news you're watching, Square. It's not doing you any good. ;)

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2023, 09:16:32 AM »
Unfortunately Nan burying my head will not make it go away despite already feeling smothered :(  I have an overwhelming unshakable feeling of pending doom and sincerely hope It is misplaced and wrong. I've been focusing  on alternative news sources reporting stuff avoided by the mainstream media.:
https://truthbombs.me

ukcolumn.org

https://lettheuklive.com/

stopnewnormal.net

https://thelightpaper.co.uk/

https://freecitizen.uk/index.php/homepage

I will  try your avoidance technique.  Perhaps that will cheer me up.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2023, 10:19:38 AM »
Unfortunately Nan burying my head will not make it go away despite already feeling smothered :(  I have an overwhelming unshakable feeling of pending doom and sincerely hope It is misplaced and wrong. I've been focusing  on alternative news sources reporting stuff avoided by the mainstream media.:
https://truthbombs.me

ukcolumn.org

https://lettheuklive.com/

stopnewnormal.net

https://thelightpaper.co.uk/

https://freecitizen.uk/index.php/homepage

I will  try your avoidance technique.  Perhaps that will cheer me up.
Some of those are less factual than you'd hope, and can lead to extra anxiety and worry (some elements of your post come from conspiracy theories).

On low traffic neighbourhoods there are very real accessibility concerns - and those have been completely coopted by this strange idea that it's some form of control. Right now some of disabled people can't access York city centre and they don't want that replicated around the country.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2023, 11:33:51 AM »
I do try to maintain some objectivity with alternative news sources as I do not have whole-hearted trust with either main stream news OR alternative news sources and balance the two.

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2023, 06:42:10 PM »
Yeah so if its dominating your life and making you miserable, it might be time to bury your head for a while, Square. The world is going to spin on with or without you (or my) approval.

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2023, 10:47:09 AM »
It is true my reaction ---or anyone elses will make no difference to how events pan out.  It's only that I can see how political, financial, and cultural events have trended and continue to trend. It is so radically different from the world I knew and grew up in.  I really feel sorry for today's youth despite their enjoyment of the huge advances in today's tech.  I have lived in happier times that made sense to me even though it was a cold war era with its own tensions inclusive of all the civil /racial / VietNam war protests which also made sense to me.  Nothing seems to make sense with all the nonsense I see in the (above) p,- f,- c trends in say the last 20+ years.  Is this progress and towards what?  An effeminate society that can't even determine its own gender i.d?

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2023, 10:44:57 PM »
Yeah, no, it's not about your reaction changing anything. It's that you need to insulate yourself from the insanity until you can get some perspective back.

It's odd. I lived in the same era and it never made sense to me. I grew up watching people pretending to be what the society or they thought they had to be, even if they were not. It's only now that I'm older that things make sense.  Human nature now makes sense, where it never did before I was 50.... People now, while they still try to pretend to be who they are not in some cases, don't seem to have that forced by a heavy-handed society. At least in the one I live in. (I'm sure it's different elsewhere.)  I was fortunate enough to spend a couple of decades in California, where the motto of the people I was around was "you do you" or "you BE you."  It was just part of life out there - you could be who you wanted to be. And whatever/whoever that was was ok. (With, of course, the exceptions being those people who didn't buy into it. And they were definitely around. ;)  )

Part of "understanding things now", I think, was having done the university route. And not for having done it starting at 30 instead of 18. Not strictly for having been at university, really, but having been lucky enough to have good professors who insisted I read books written by authors who had widely differing opinions on a given subject. (It was kind of brutal - three classes a week, each class 3 hours long, and I also had to read at least a complete book per week per class [God save me from ever having to read Leviathan, or anything by Kant, ever again!] plus up to a dozen different scholarly articles, per class, per week, and then write a 10-page paper on a specific topic drawn from the readings, due the following Monday. On a typewriter. I look back and I'm still not sure how I got through school raising a toddler at the same time! I guess I didn't sleep for five years?) So the one big favor they did for me was to teach me to ferret around for the one "red thread" that ran through all those articles/books. And to never buy any one author's viewpoint completely.  That has remained part of my observation of the world (and the media).  Using that formula, looking for the one thread that runs through it all, has definitely helped focus things.

It's really easy to get sucked into self-reinforcing realities on the internet, you know?  Sometimes the best thing to do is the just turn the machine off and do something else for a few weeks.  ;)

« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 10:56:15 PM by Nan D. »

• Liked: 21
Stop the world --- I want to get off!
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2023, 06:07:48 AM »
Having been in the news business most of my life, my best advice is to simply ignore the day to day - and certainly the hour by hour. The “reality” reported at 8 am is often swiftly overtaken by events - sure it is important to be informed, but more important to be very clear about the limits about what you actually can affect.

Do I worry that Putin may use a nuke? Of course I do. But can I personally stop him? No. Therefore it is best for me not to track minute by minute or hour by hour or even day to day, but to check in occasionally to see the general trend.

Do I worry that the world seems a grim place at the moment? Of course. But I also know that it seemed scary and horrible at many other times too - the Holocaust, the Cuban missile crisis, the Berlin blockade, 9/11 etc etc.

Tend our own gardens. Be active and positive in the areas we can change. Campaign for causes that we care about.  But know our limits, and worry about things where that worry can actually be productive.

It is hard, I know. And it can feel overwhelming. But step one is turn off , step back and make sure your own small world is functioning well.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 11:40:53 AM by dd852 »

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2023, 01:44:17 PM »
"Yeah, no, it's not about your reaction changing anything. It's that you need to insulate yourself from the insanity until you can get some perspective back."

I minimise my engagement with social media indeed I ignore FaceBook, Tick Tock, Readit, etc. for all the opinionated nonsense it contains which is why I sweep both the extremes of alternative and mainstream medias.  The "insanity" is part of reality. In my perspective --- hopefully taken at arm length --- it too has its place arriving at --- again hopefully --- a balanced objective perspective which in my view has become so distorted from many differing angles.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab