Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR Spouse 5 year route Financial  (Read 550 times)

• Liked: 0
ILR Spouse 5 year route Financial
« on: April 08, 2023, 01:07:34 PM »
Hello everyone, I started the online application for ILR but I have to wait till the end of this month because I didn't work for almost two months (Nov-Dec 22). We are using combined income. My husband's salary is the same every month but mine is different because I work in a school through an agency and I don't get paid for holidays and sick leaves. I calculated the minimum I got plus my husband's times 12 and it's over the requirement but I'm still worried because of those two months' gap. Has anyone had the same case?  Under which category shall I apply? Thanks for your help

• Liked: 3595
Re: ILR Spouse 5 year route Financial
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2023, 02:20:23 PM »
Hello everyone, I started the online application for ILR but I have to wait till the end of this month because I didn't work for almost two months (Nov-Dec 22). We are using combined income. My husband's salary is the same every month but mine is different because I work in a school through an agency and I don't get paid for holidays and sick leaves. I calculated the minimum I got plus my husband's times 12 and it's over the requirement but I'm still worried because of those two months' gap. Has anyone had the same case?  Under which category shall I apply? Thanks for your help

In order to work out how you can qualify and which category you can use, can you give some more detail on both of your incomes?

Your income
- Since you work through an agency, are you considered employed or self-employed? (Do you pay tax through PAYE or do you file taxes at the end of the financial year?)
Assuming you are considered employed:
- How long have you been working in your current job with the agency?
- Since you are non-salaried, how much in total have you earned in the last 6 months before tax (October to March)?

Your spouse's income
Assuming he is a salaried employee:
- How long has your husband been with his current employer?
- How long has he been earning his current salary?
- How much does he earn each month before tax?

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2023, 02:36:40 PM »
Hi, I am employed not self-employed.I worked with them since SEPTEMBER 22 and earned over 6000. My husband worked since August 22 with this employer and has been earning the same amount since then. He earns about 1200 before tax.

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2023, 02:54:41 PM »
Hi, I am employed not self-employed.I worked with them since SEPTEMBER 22 and earned over 6000. My husband worked since August 22 with this employer and has been earning the same amount since then. He earns about 1200 before tax.

Okay,. so you have both been with your employers for more than 6 months, so it sounds like you will be able to apply under Category A.

You need to show that between you, you earn at least £18,600 per year before tax, and will continue to earn that much in the future.

If your husband earns £1,200 per month before tax, that would presumably mean his annual salary is about £14,400.

Therefore, you need to be able to show that your income is at least £4,200 per year (or whatever £18,600 minus your husband's annual salary is).

For non-salaried employment, instead of using your lowest payslip, they will calculate your average annual income based on your earnings over the last 6 months.

The calculation they will use is:
(all your payslips added together) / number of months = average monthly income

Average monthly income x 12 months = average annual income.

As long as this amount is at least £4,200 (or whatever is required to make your combined income up to £18,600), you should meet the requirements under Category A.

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2023, 11:04:31 PM »
Thanks for your answer. Hopefully, that is the case. I already started the online application a month ago but still gathering documents and I have almost two months till my card expires. Do you think that would cause an issue or I can apply even a month before the expiry date?

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2023, 09:03:30 PM »
Thanks very much for your answers however I am still confused due to my variable income over the last 12 months.  Just to make it crystal clear to you guys:

I have been working since September 2023 as a teaching assistant through an agency. I am paid weekly, hence I have weekly payslips.
I did not work in November and December.
I resumed work in January and have worked until now.
I have payslips so far for September(£1191), October(£729), November (£291), January(£1015), February (£1386)and March (£1684) . Total gross income for these months: £6296

However, my partner(British Citizen) has been in salaried employment with the same employer for the last 5 years and has been earning exactly the same amount of monthly income. His annual gross salary is £14.400

My question: How much should I write in the application form as my annual gross income?  and does our combined income meet the requirements?

Many thanks indeed!

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2023, 10:38:11 PM »
My question: How much should I write in the application form as my annual gross income?  and does our combined income meet the requirements?

Many thanks indeed!

Your income will be worked out as follows:
Average monthly income
= £6296/7 months (Sep to Mar)
= £899.43

Average annual income
= £899.43 x 12 months
= £10,793.14

(Or more accurately they will probably divide £6296 by the total number of payslips to give the average weekly income then multiply by 52 weeks to give the average annual income).

So, you would put £10,793.14 as your average annual income on the form (you can also include an explicit calculation of how you got that figure). Your employer letter must also explicitly state that you are NON-salaried, so that they calculate your average annual income instead of using your lowest payslip amount.

Your husband’s annual income
= £14,440

Your combined annual incomes
= £14,440 + £10,783.14
= £25,233.14
Which more than meets the £18,600 requirement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2023, 11:13:39 PM »
Thanks for your reply. Just a quick question about the payslips, bank statements. and the P60, Do they have to be stamped and signed by the bank or employer?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab