Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR and Citizenship  (Read 5578 times)

• Liked: 1
ILR and Citizenship
« on: April 11, 2023, 10:40:40 PM »
Hi there

So, I am in the process of sorting out my indefinite leave to remain as a spouse of a UK citizen. I filled out the form, as required.

I was then asked to pay ca. 2400 GBP for the ILR and was told that it could take up 6 months until I find out about the outcome of my application.

I would like to apply for super priority so that I can get things sorted out quickly.

Is this a different page/website? Or will I be given that option I have  paid 2400 GBP?

Many thank in advance.

Kind regards,

Rahul

• Liked: 3598
Re: ILR and Citizenship
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2023, 10:57:07 PM »
I would like to apply for super priority so that I can get things sorted out quickly.

Is this a different page/website? Or will I be given that option I have  paid 2400 GBP?

Super Priority can only be purchased at the same time as submitting and paying for the application - it's all done in the same transaction on the same page.

However, there are only a limited number of Super Priority slots released each day (I think around 50), so if you are not given the option to add Super Priority for £800 to the £2400 amount when you submit the application, that means that all the Super Priority slots are gone for the day... and so you will need to log out without paying the £2400 and try again another day.

The Super Priority slots are released at 1am each night, so if you log into the application for 1am, you may be able to get one... and if not, you can just keep trying each night until you get one.

You cannot add Super Priority at a later date after submitting the application and paying for the visa, so if you definitely want to use Super Priority, just make sure you don't pay for anything until the application submission page gives you the option to add it.

If you have already paid the £2,400, unfortunately, you cannot now add Super Priority... so your only options would be:
1) wait up to 6 months for standard processing
2) withdraw the application before attending biometrics and apply for a refund of the £2400 (this can take a few weeks to be processed). Then start over with a new application form and pay again, this time adding the £800 for Super Priority if you can get a slot
« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 11:00:50 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2023, 11:03:45 PM »
Super helpful - thanks so much.

Am I correct in assuming that there is 'priority option' which cost an additional £500 rather the 'super priority' for £800. The main difference is that priority option takes 5 working days whereas the super priority option is sorted out the next working day? Thanks.

• Liked: 970
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2023, 11:53:08 PM »
Super helpful - thanks so much.

Am I correct in assuming that there is 'priority option' which cost an additional £500 rather the 'super priority' for £800. The main difference is that priority option takes 5 working days whereas the super priority option is sorted out the next working day? Thanks.
For ILR there is only super priority available.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2023, 10:07:04 AM »
I checked this morning at 7 a.m. and the only option I got was for a £2400 submission?

Just want to make sure that I am applying throught the right website. I am using gov.uk right now to make the application. As far as I can see, this is the correct route. 

Everything seems to suggest that there not that many priority slots available.

Thanks.

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2023, 10:11:42 AM »
I checked this morning at 7 a.m. and the only option I got was for a £2400 submission?

Just want to make sure that I am applying throught the right website. I am using gov.uk right now to make the application. As far as I can see, this is the correct route. 

Everything seems to suggest that there not that many priority slots available.

As I said above, the Super Priority slots are released exactly at 1:00 am every night and there are only about 50 slots available each day, so they usually sell out right away.

If you want to get one, you need to log in and go to the submission page exactly at (or just before) 1:00am, and hope for the best. If Super Priority does not show up, then you'll need to try again at exactly 1:00 am the next night, and the next night etc., until you get lucky.

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2023, 10:50:48 AM »
As I said above, the Super Priority slots are released exactly at 1:00 am every night and there are only about 50 slots available each day, so they usually sell out right away.

If you want to get one, you need to log in and go to the submission page exactly at (or just before) 1:00am, and hope for the best. If Super Priority does not show up, then you'll need to try again at exactly 1:00 am the next night, and the next night etc., until you get lucky.
We stayed up and started refreshing the page about 5 minutes before 1am. They were there at 1am on the dot but I did have to launch a new window for it to show up (clicking the link I'd saved). The first biometrics appointment was about 4 weeks away at my closest location, but if you need it quickly check a few once you pay and reach that screen. Good luck!

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2023, 09:46:03 AM »
Brilliant. It worked - I stayed until 1 a.m. and I booked a super priority slot.

I have a few outstanding questions:

1) Documents, such as bank statements or letter from employers, should not be older than 28 days. I am guessing what counts is the date (yesterday) of when I made the payment for super priority, or is it the date of when I upload the documents via UKVCAS app/website or the actual biometric appointment.

2) Also in terms the proofs of address. I have plently of different documents covering 2.5 years - but am having difficulties of having them perfectly spaced for every six months. Is this an official requirement or simply good rule of thumb to pursue?

3) I am thinking ahead here, but for acquiring British citizenship is there a super priority procedure available?

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2023, 10:26:54 AM »

Brilliant. It worked - I stayed until 1 a.m. and I booked a super priority slot.

I have a few outstanding questions:

1) Documents, such as bank statements or letter from employers, should not be older than 28 days. I am guessing what counts is the date (yesterday) of when I made the payment for super priority, or is it the date of when I upload the documents via UKVCAS app/website or the actual biometric appointment.

2) Also in terms the proofs of address. I have plently of different documents covering 2.5 years - but am having difficulties of having them perfectly spaced for every six months. Is this an official requirement or simply good rule of thumb to pursue?

#1 is the application date

For #2 I made a spreadsheet and input the month/year for the 2.5 years and then evenly split every 5 months to get the 6. Then I went through all the mail and picked the closest to those. I had one month that wasn't perfect in the middle but it should be close enough.

• Liked: 6116
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2023, 01:40:58 PM »
There is no priority process for citizenship.

Re: ILR
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2023, 03:21:22 PM »
So, I have uploaded documents for ILR on to UKVCAS platform via my account.

The account says '20 files uploaded' - What I can't figure out is whether there is "submit" button (which you have to press) once you have uploaded the files?

Many thanks in advance.

Best wishes.

• Liked: 14
Re: ILR
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2023, 05:50:16 PM »
So, I have uploaded documents for ILR on to UKVCAS platform via my account.

The account says '20 files uploaded' - What I can't figure out is whether there is "submit" button (which you have to press) once you have uploaded the files?

I presume you are referring to the VFS Global site? If so, I uploaded documents there for a spousal visa applicaton in February. As I recall, once you get the message that the files are uploaded then they have been submitted sucessfully. I was able to check what documents had been uploded, and could delete documents but not edit them. I could also add new documents.

ILR and Citizenship
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2023, 05:58:42 PM »
I presume you are referring to the VFS Global site? If so, I uploaded documents there for a spousal visa applicaton in February. As I recall, once you get the message that the files are uploaded then they have been submitted sucessfully. I was able to check what documents had been uploded, and could delete documents but not edit them. I could also add new documents.
VFS Global is only used for applications made outside the UK.

For an ILR application, you submit the documents and attend biometrics via UKVCAS.

In regards to submitting documents on the UKVCAS website, it depends when your biometrics appointment is as to whether there is a ‘Submit’ button or not.

The ‘Submit’ button will be visible only up to 48 hours before your appointment… this is so that you can press submit with enough time for them to check your documents before your appointment.

You can still upload your documents within 48 hours of the appointment, but if it’s less than 48 hours beforehand, the ‘Submit’ button will disappear and instead your uploaded documents will be automatically submitted once you have attended biometrics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2023, 08:32:01 PM »
This makes sense - thanks for clarifying this. Indeed, I have my appointment tomorrow and can now breathe easy :)

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2023, 01:16:05 PM »
My ILR already has been issued - and I have also received my biometric card. It's only strange that it expires end of 2024. I would have expected it to last longer, for ten years or so. Just wondering - not urgent really.

Sponsored Links