Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: HELP PLEASE- ILR Request for more information  (Read 680 times)

• Liked: 87
HELP PLEASE- ILR Request for more information
« on: April 12, 2023, 01:14:58 PM »
Hi everyone,
I just had an email from the HO to request more infomation. I don't understand because we did the doc checking service and they said all was good. Here is what was requested:

PLEASE ONLY RESPOND DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL.

I have reviewed your application for Indefinite Leave to Remain and require some further information.  To allow me to progress your case further, please send a copy of the following documents:

-Documentary evidence to show that you and your partner have been residing together 2.5 years at time of application. This evidence should be from at least 5 official sources and addressed to BOTH parties JOINTLY or SOLELY to the APPLICANT. The earliest evidence we can accept is from March 2021 and the latest is February 2023 .   Please do not resend documents already submitted. We only require 6 (SIX) documents in total for evidence.
-Council Tax Bills.

I have found council tax bill from march 2021, march 2022 and feb 2023. We only get one per year. However, from the request, I cannot tell if the council tax bills need to be part of the other documentary evidence or separately. Furthermore, I'm confused by the fact that in the first point they say addressed jointly or solely to the applicant--how does mail addressed solely to me prove that we're living together. The only evidence we have that is joint is the council tax bills and our joint bank account. Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Thank you

Re: HELP PLEASE- ILR Request for more information
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2023, 03:10:44 PM »
Update--this is what I sent.

Pursuant to your request for documentation addressed JOINTLY or SOLELY to the APPlLCANT, please see below and attached.

Documentary evidence:
-Vehicle Tax reminder from DVLA (May '21-addressed to applicant SOLELY)
-Joint Bank statement (Nov '21-addressed JOINTLY)
-Severn Trent Water Bill ( Feb '22-addressed to applicant SOLELY)
-Bulb Electric/Gas Bill ( June '22- addressed to applicant SOLELY)
-Joint Bank statement ('Nov '22- address JOINTLY)
- Monzo Bank statement (Feb '23- addressed to applicant SOLELY)

Council Tax Bills:
March 2021- addressed Jointly
March 2022-addressed jointly
Feb 2023- addressed jointly

I can also provide separate pieces of post addressed solely to my husband corresponding to the post addressed solely to me as listed above, if required by yourself. I did not include them in this email as the request seemed explicit that it either needed to be joint or solely addressed to me.

If there is anything further I can provide, please let me know.

This is my 4th visa. We know the drill by now and we know if I provide a month of evidence that is addressed solely to me that I also need to provide evidence addressed solely to my husband dated for the same month. We did that. Another weird thing is when I first received this email, it was referencing someone who wasn't me and when I emailed back to say it wasn't me---they then sent me the same request but just with my name instead of someone else's. The whole thing is just weird. Does anyone understand if they're trying to prove cohabitation why they would just ask for stuff JOINTLY addressed or addressed SOLELY to the APPLICANT? I don't get it.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2023, 12:37:08 AM »
Update--this is what I sent.

Pursuant to your request for documentation addressed JOINTLY or SOLELY to the APPlLCANT, please see below and attached.

Documentary evidence:
-Vehicle Tax reminder from DVLA (May '21-addressed to applicant SOLELY)
-Joint Bank statement (Nov '21-addressed JOINTLY)
-Severn Trent Water Bill ( Feb '22-addressed to applicant SOLELY)
-Bulb Electric/Gas Bill ( June '22- addressed to applicant SOLELY)
-Joint Bank statement ('Nov '22- address JOINTLY)
- Monzo Bank statement (Feb '23- addressed to applicant SOLELY)

Council Tax Bills:
March 2021- addressed Jointly
March 2022-addressed jointly
Feb 2023- addressed jointly

I can also provide separate pieces of post addressed solely to my husband corresponding to the post addressed solely to me as listed above, if required by yourself. I did not include them in this email as the request seemed explicit that it either needed to be joint or solely addressed to me.

If there is anything further I can provide, please let me know.

This is my 4th visa. We know the drill by now and we know if I provide a month of evidence that is addressed solely to me that I also need to provide evidence addressed solely to my husband dated for the same month. We did that. Another weird thing is when I first received this email, it was referencing someone who wasn't me and when I emailed back to say it wasn't me---they then sent me the same request but just with my name instead of someone else's. The whole thing is just weird. Does anyone understand if they're trying to prove cohabitation why they would just ask for stuff JOINTLY addressed or addressed SOLELY to the APPLICANT? I don't get it.

I agree, this is very odd.  Could the request for 5 sources be a typo I wonder, but that doesn't explain the rest of the variations from the norm?

Nevertheless, we would always suggest that you give them exactly what they ask for, no matter how unreasonable it seems, just as you have done. Your reply is excellent.

Sorry you've been caught up in all this strangeness.

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2023, 06:42:05 AM »
Thank you for responding back to me. I'm now having doubts (thanks to a Facebook group) that I sent in too many bank statements even though they're from two different banks. Two banks counts as two sources correct?

If not I suppose I could email back with a payslip from February. For some reason I didn't think payslips would work for the accommodation.

Thoughts?

• Liked: 3595
HELP PLEASE- ILR Request for more information
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2023, 07:35:55 AM »
Thank you for responding back to me. I'm now having doubts (thanks to a Facebook group) that I sent in too many bank statements even though they're from two different banks. Two banks counts as two sources correct?

If not I suppose I could email back with a payslip from February. For some reason I didn't think payslips would work for the accommodation.

Thoughts?
Bank statements count as one source, regardless of how many banks they are from.

However, I wouldn’t worry - I don’t think it will be an issue because:
a) with the council tax statements as well, you still provided 5 different sources
and
b) only 3 sources are actually required to meet the requirement (despite what the email said)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2023, 08:30:36 AM »
Thank you. For some reason I didn't realise that bank statements were considered one source even regardless. Guess we don't know the drill.

I looked at my original docs and we definitely had more than 3 sources even with the bank statements. I've never had them ask for more information so I'm just confused as to what the issue is. I wish they would just say.

Anyway, they gave me until the 20th to respond. I already did obviously but theoretically I could email them again with a different document for Feb 2023. I just don't know if that will hurt more than help.

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2023, 10:22:12 AM »
Updating everyone that I just got approval
Here are the stats

Application: Set(M) standard - 4th March 2023
Biometrics (Free) : 31st March 2023
Request for More information: 12th April 2023 (responded same day)
Approval: 14th April 2023
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 11:44:02 AM by theogks »

• Liked: 957
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2023, 11:41:59 AM »
Congratulations!!

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2023, 01:39:14 PM »
Congratulations!  :)

• Liked: 257
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2023, 07:58:41 PM »
Hi the ogks!

Congratulations! I’m curious you said you went through standard processing and not super priority and got a response that quick?! Wow ! Amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Type of Application: FLR M
Country applying from: UK, London
Nationality: US Citizen
Online application: 12th June 2020
Sopra Steria Doc Upload: TBC
Biometrics: Awaiting to book appointment
FLR M Received/New BRP: Awaiting

Sponsored Links