Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Citizenship question  (Read 244 times)

• Liked: 56
Citizenship question
« on: April 23, 2023, 11:42:11 AM »
Hi All.

I've started looking into applying for citizenship and I'm coming across things in the online information and the forums that lead me to need to ask some clarification questions.

1 - The main one that pops up now is in regards to my passport showing my presence in the UK for the last 3 years. I've only gone on 3 trips since 2020, however there are no UK entry stamps for any of them as the airports I have gone through now use the digital system where you just scan your passport and your picture is taken at those kiosks. I think its been this way since 2019 at least. I never worried about it because I was told that since my passport has that little chip thing on it, that all the details would be stored digitally. But now reading that my passport is supposed to prove presence in the UK, I'm second guessing it. Can anyone confirm to me how it works?

2 - With the references, is it digital that gets sent to them or is it pdf that we print off to give to them and then somehow return? I'm a bit confused as I've read things about needing a passport photo for them that is dated on the back, which I was used to with the old paper system but I thought would have been gone with the new digital one.

Thanks for any and all help.
Engaged: June 2014
Married: July 30 2014
Visa Application Received in UK: Nov. 27 2014
Visa granted: Dec 12 2014
Moves to UK: Jan 30th 2015

Sponsored Links