Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Citizenship Referees  (Read 310 times)

• Liked: 50
Citizenship Referees
« on: May 15, 2023, 01:51:16 PM »
Getting ready to start my citizenship application and I would love to better understand the referee process.

Do I fill in the facts about each referee on my citizenship application OR do I download a form which is then sent to each referee for them to complete? If the latter, do they complete the form and then send to me for scanning and uploading?

Does the referee need to see a passport style photo of me and then verify that it is me? Or do they simply state that they know me and verify that way?

My referees are both UK citizens over 25, and one is a civil servant so they fit the qualifications. One is a friend of my son and one is a boyfriend of my niece. They have both also become my friends through the years. So in terms of their relationship to me, do we simply say 'Friend'?

Any and all advice is appreciated, as always! Thanks.

• Liked: 424
Re: Citizenship Referees
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2023, 06:09:58 PM »
Getting ready to start my citizenship application and I would love to better understand the referee process.

Do I fill in the facts about each referee on my citizenship application OR do I download a form which is then sent to each referee for them to complete? If the latter, do they complete the form and then send to me for scanning and uploading?

Does the referee need to see a passport style photo of me and then verify that it is me? Or do they simply state that they know me and verify that way?

My referees are both UK citizens over 25, and one is a civil servant so they fit the qualifications. One is a friend of my son and one is a boyfriend of my niece. They have both also become my friends through the years. So in terms of their relationship to me, do we simply say 'Friend'?

Any and all advice is appreciated, as always! Thanks.
Hi! While my citizenship application has not yet been approved, I can offer some input.
Yes, you do fill in details about your referees in the application. You will also print out forms for them to sign and a passport photo of you needs to be attached to it. You can list them as friends if they are, no issue there. Once the signed forms are completed and returned to you, you scan them along with your other documentation before your biometric appointment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 50
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2023, 06:36:00 PM »
Thanks Rick! That's incredibly helpful. Much appreciated.
E

• Liked: 56
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2023, 08:16:34 AM »
Oh, so the passport photo attached to the referee form has to be of the applicant? I thought it had to be of the referee. So we don't need passport photos of the referee???? Cause that would def save a lot of hassle for them.
Engaged: June 2014
Married: July 30 2014
Visa Application Received in UK: Nov. 27 2014
Visa granted: Dec 12 2014
Moves to UK: Jan 30th 2015

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2023, 11:35:59 AM »
Oh, so the passport photo attached to the referee form has to be of the applicant? I thought it had to be of the referee. So we don't need passport photos of the referee???? Cause that would def save a lot of hassle for them.

No, the attached passport photos must be of the applicant only.

The point of having referees is to confirm that they know you personally and that the passport photo is a true likeness of you.

Sponsored Links