Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR Application Planning  (Read 3406 times)

• Liked: 1
ILR Application Planning
« on: July 15, 2023, 01:54:03 PM »
Good Afternoon,

I just need to begin preparing my wife's ILR Application but very confused on which date we can submit the application?

Her Entry Clearance vignette was issued on 18/10/18
She landed in the UK on 31/10/2018
Her BRP has an expiry date of : 09/03/2024

Questions :
1. Can anyone advise me on which date her 5 years in UK residence will complete?

2. after which date, and also before which date her application needs to be submitted by?

3. To add to this confusion my understanding is that you can submit the application before 5 years residance is lapsed within 30 days or something, I'm unsure and I don't think i understand is very clear hence the confusion.

4. The cohabitation correspondence letters over 2 years, or 2.5 years, so which months correspondence will I need to provide?

5. On the online application from which point/section we can't make changes to the application, if we pay? Will that mean the application is submitted and can't make changes?

Hope to hear from someone soon, everyone is really supportive so thanks in advance.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 02:00:40 PM by Mastermail »

• Liked: 3598
Re: ILR Application Planning
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2023, 03:22:34 PM »
Questions :
1. Can anyone advise me on which date her 5 years in UK residence will complete?

Her 5 years started on the date she landed in the UK, so she will complete her 5 years on 31st October 2023.

2. after which date, and also before which date her application needs to be submitted by?

3. To add to this confusion my understanding is that you can submit the application before 5 years residance is lapsed within 30 days or something, I'm unsure and I don't think i understand is very clear hence the confusion.

- The earliest she can apply is 28 days before she reaches 5 years (28 days before 31st October).

- The latest date she can apply is the expiry date of her BRP.

So, her application can be submitted on any date between 3rd October 2023 and 9th March 2024

4. The cohabitation correspondence letters over 2 years, or 2.5 years, so which months correspondence will I need to provide?

For ILR, you cover the 2.5 years ending with the application date, dated every 5 months. The months you will need will depend on exactly which month you decide to submit the online application.

i.e. if you apply in October 2023, you will need correspondence dated every 5 months between March 2021 and September 2023, but if you apply in say, early March 2024, you will need correspondence dated every 5 months between September 2021 and February 2024.

5. On the online application from which point/section we can't make changes to the application, if we pay? Will that mean the application is submitted and can't make changes?

Once you have pressed the 'submit' button and paid for the visa - that will be your official application date.

Before that date, you should be able to save and go back into the application when you need to.

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2023, 03:48:25 PM »
Thanks for your responses, really helpful.

We're looking to apply in October 2023, so do I have the correct months for the cohabitation ducuments, as per the below ; and will be 7 lots of ducuments, is the below right?

1. March 2021
2. August 2021
3. January 2022
4. June 2022
5. November 2022
6. April 2023
7. September 2023

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2023, 05:37:49 PM »
Thanks for your responses, really helpful.

We're looking to apply in October 2023, so do I have the correct months for the cohabitation ducuments, as per the below ; and will be 7 lots of ducuments, is the below right?

1. March 2021
2. August 2021
3. January 2022
4. June 2022
5. November 2022
6. April 2023
7. September 2023

Yep, that all looks correct :).

Although it makes 7 documents rather than the required 6, we recommend including all of them so that you cover both the beginning and the end of the 2.5 years.

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2023, 06:41:56 PM »

Thanks for clarifying that, really appreciate it.

Do all 7 documents needs to be from different companies? Or does it matter if they all from the same utility company?
We have joint named letters from British Gas for each month, will that be fine or do the letters need to be from 7 varied companies?

Hope that makes sense?

1. March 2021 (British Gas Joint Bil addressed to both of us)
2. August 2021 (British Gas Joint Bil addressed to both of us)
3. January 2022 (British Gas Joint Bil addressed to both of us)
4. June 2022 (British Gas Joint Bil addressed to both of us)
5. November 2022 (British Gas Joint Bil addressed to both of us)
6. April 2023 (British Gas Joint Bil addressed to both of us)
7. September 2023 (British Gas Joint Bil addressed to both of us)

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2023, 07:15:34 PM »
Do all 7 documents needs to be from different companies? Or does it matter if they all from the same utility company?
We have joint named letters from British Gas for each month, will that be fine or do the letters need to be from 7 varied companies?

You need to provide mail from at least 3 official sources in  total.

The British Gas bills count as 1 source, so you need at least 2 other sources.

You can use:
- tenancy agreements
- mortgage statements
- council tax bills
- bank statements (these are considered 1 source, even if from different banks)
- building society statements
- water bills
- phone/TV/broadband bills
- mobile phone bills
- credit card statements
- TV licence
- letters from the NHS, DVLA, HMRC, DWP etc.

The documents do not have to be jointly addressed, but if they are individually addressed, you do need 1 each for that particular month.

For example, you could use:
- 7 joint documents
or
- 14 individual documents (7 each)
or
- a combination of both, totalling 7 in each name (i.e. 5 joint and 4 individual, or 3 joint and 8 individual etc.)

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2023, 07:31:00 PM »
Oh ok, thanks for clarifying that.

So, will the below be okay at all then?

1. March 2021 (Joint Council Tax Bill)
2. August 2021(NHS Letter, Aqua Credit Card Bill )
3. January 2022 (Joint Barclays Bank Account Statement )
4. June 2022 (Car Tax Letter , Barclays Tech Pack Letter)
5. November 2022 (Joint Water Bill)
6. April 2023 (Tesco Credit Card Bill , NHS Letter)
7. September 2023 (Joint Utilita Bill AWAITING)

I hope the above method now meets the minimum requirement of being different sources ?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 07:50:01 PM by Mastermail »

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2023, 08:00:21 PM »
Yes, those work - you have more than enough sources now :).

You have:

1. March 2021 (Joint Council Tax Bill)  (Source 1)
2. August 2021(NHS Letter (Source 2), Aqua Credit Card Bill) (Source 3)
3. January 2022 (Joint Barclays Bank Account Statement (Source 4)
4. June 2022 (Car Tax Letter (Source 5) , Barclays Tech Pack Letter)
5. November 2022 (Joint Water Bill) (Source 6)
6. April 2023 (Tesco Credit Card Bill, NHS Letter)
7. September 2023 (Joint Utilita Bill AWAITING)

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2023, 09:26:38 AM »
Brilliant, thank you so much for this info and advise, you're a star.

:)

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2023, 03:33:30 PM »

I need to provide a letter as I am the property owner to state my wife has permission to stay in my house.

Letter signed by the owner of the property you live in stating that you have permission to live there

Who do I need to have this letter addressed to? Is it the entry clarence officer?
And what is the address that needs to be on the letter, does anyone know?

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2023, 04:42:43 PM »
I need to provide a letter as I am the property owner to state my wife has permission to stay in my house.

Letter signed by the owner of the property you live in stating that you have permission to live there

Who do I need to have this letter addressed to? Is it the entry clarence officer?
And what is the address that needs to be on the letter, does anyone know?

As you are the visa sponsor, you do not need to include a letter. You are married to each other, so it's already implied that she has permission to live with you in your house.

A letter is only required if you are living with family members or friends in a house that you do not own yourself, and you have to prove that the owner of the property has given you both permission to live together in their house.

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2023, 07:20:48 PM »

There is no option to select that partner is owner. For accommodation, the question is a. do you own, or b. rent property, if not then where

I will provide: then you have to tick the below 3 options, you can't go to next screen without ticking these 3 options

I will provide :

Proof of property ownership from the owner of the property you live in, such as a mortgage statement

Copy of an ID document of the owner of the property you live in, such as a passport

• Liked: 6116
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2023, 08:17:39 PM »
There is no option to select that partner is owner. For accommodation, the question is a. do you own, or b. rent property, if not then where

I will provide: then you have to tick the below 3 options, you can't go to next screen without ticking these 3 options

I will provide :

Proof of property ownership from the owner of the property you live in, such as a mortgage statement

Copy of an ID document of the owner of the property you live in, such as a passport

Tick yes for do you own. When they say "you", it's "you plural". 
As KSand said, no letter required. Your sponsorship of her is effectively giving her permission.

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2023, 08:47:33 PM »
As larrabee said, you tick the box for ‘I own’.

The 3 options are:

1) you and/or your spouse own the property you live in
(you provide your Land Registry, latest mortgage statement and latest council tax bill)

2) you and your spouse are renting the property you live in
(you provide the tenancy agreement and latest council tax bill)

3) you and/or your spouse neither own nor rent the property and instead you are living in someone else’s house that they own, with permission from that person to live there with them (for example, you are living with your parents in their house)
(you provide the homeowner’s Land Registry, their mortgage statement, their council tax bill and a letter from them giving you permission to live in their house and confirming that the home is not overcrowded with you and your wife living in the property as well).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2023, 09:23:52 PM »
OK i shall change our selection.

Just need to clarify the below question

In which category are you applying for indefinite leave to remain?

Do we select the 5 year route? or the 2 year route?

A. Partner of a person present and settled in the UK - 5-year route

B. Parent of a child present and settled in the UK - 5-year route

C. Spouse of a person present and settled in the UK - 2-year route

D. Civil partner of a person present and settled in the UK - 2-year route

E. Unmarried partner of a person present and settled in the UK - 2-year route

F. Same sex partner of a person present and settled in the UK - 2-year route

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab