Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: biometrics...  (Read 5036 times)

• Liked: 1
biometrics...
« on: July 26, 2023, 06:14:10 PM »
Hiya,
Anyone else here going through the same thing as me? I got my right to work here, through "indefinite leave to remain" in 2004 or 5... had a bunch of crappy jobs, took a break then went to go get another crappy job and was told my proof of right to work was no longer good enough. I needed to get biometrics/a share code/ blah blah. So I finally, reluctantly agreed to do that, had my appt and was emailed that I never went and so my application was denied. I filed a complaint and technically have to wait 20 WORKING days until I bother them again...trying to get through to Home Office/UKVI is an absolute nightmare. I mean, if they *really* don't want me to work here, I won't! lol...or I'll just bugger off back to the US, specifically, a "legal" state!  :D

• Liked: 347
Re: biometrics...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2023, 10:18:22 AM »
Hiya,
Anyone else here going through the same thing as me? I got my right to work here, through "indefinite leave to remain" in 2004 or 5... had a bunch of crappy jobs, took a break then went to go get another crappy job and was told my proof of right to work was no longer good enough. I needed to get biometrics/a share code/ blah blah. So I finally, reluctantly agreed to do that, had my appt and was emailed that I never went and so my application was denied. I filed a complaint and technically have to wait 20 WORKING days until I bother them again...trying to get through to Home Office/UKVI is an absolute nightmare. I mean, if they *really* don't want me to work here, I won't! lol...or I'll just bugger off back to the US, specifically, a "legal" state!  :D

It's been years since the UK required a BRP as proof of ILR to be allowed to work, because the ILR could be invalid or have expired. Employers are fined thousands (or jailed) if they employ somebody who isn't allowed to live and work in the UK.

Have you been living outside the UK?

• Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2023, 10:47:50 PM »
How many years is years to you? The last time I had a job that took taxes out was WH Smith in 2018. My ILR was fine.
PS I have only taken short holidays out of the UK, the longest being a month in 2005. Never lived or worked outside of it since 2003.

• Liked: 967
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2023, 10:27:46 AM »
Hiya,
Hah. After the last 3 years of medical "legal" here that isn't a bad idea!

Did you have the confirmation from biometrics on the day? I hadn't seen them give that error before. I hope it doesn't take them 20 days to get back to you.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

• Liked: 347
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2023, 11:13:40 AM »
How many years is years to you? The last time I had a job that took taxes out was WH Smith in 2018. My ILR was fine.
PS I have only taken short holidays out of the UK, the longest being a month in 2005. Never lived or worked outside of it since 2003.

May 2014 was when the government ended an ILR stamp in an expried passport, as proof of right to work.
https://www.carterthomas.co.uk/right-to-work-checks-ilr-passport

I was asking about how long you had been out of the UK because ILR can expire if the holder is outside the UK for more than 2 years.  I now see from your previous thread, that you were warned about this 2 years before, when they suggested you applied for British citizenship
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 11:27:34 AM by Sirius »

Sponsored Links