Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Still confused about student loans  (Read 3260 times)

• PA - DC - Leeds, UK - Dallas, Tx
  • Liked: 0
Re: Still confused about student loans
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2005, 03:29:42 PM »
OKay, I have been doing this student loan process now for 6 weeks! I have applied w/ Wachovia and they use sallie mae to process it. What a farce! These ppl are so damn heirarchal. I can't get an answer w/o going thru at least 3 ppl each time! They don't seem to understand anything about foreign schools, student loans and visas. They don't seem to get that I have a deadline! I am going to scream down the phone at some point. I know i can't b/c I am trying to be nice in order to get their help on this. I called my uni today and they have no info from them. Go figure! They said they sent it late March. How long does it take?? Craziness. I just had to vent. I know I've heard stories on  here about the process, but I guess you don't really know til you've gone through it yourself.
Sometimes I feel like an alien in my own country

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2005, 04:30:18 PM »
It's very frustrating.  You just have to keep harrassing them.  The next time you call, get someone's name and go back to that same person each time.  Otherwise, they pass you off and claim not to know crap. 
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

• PA - DC - Leeds, UK - Dallas, Tx
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2005, 04:16:46 PM »
Didn't get the scholarship that would magically take this loan stress away  :\\\'(

That's okay! I harrassed and have a contact at both the Uni and the loan co. Now I have armed myself w/ a worksheet to log each and every phone call and action made. I have also vowed to make daily calls to harrass said loan co. til it's done!

They tried to tell me at the loan co. that I don't know the "process" and that it's different w/ foreign institutions. I said, "Oh, I know it takes longer, but this is unacceptable! and I will call now daily to check up on this."

hehe. They don't know what's coming!  >:D
Sometimes I feel like an alien in my own country

• le club de l'autobus blanc!
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2005, 04:25:36 PM »
It seems like most everyone here is in graduate school....

anyone have any experience with undergrad student loans???

Hi Trillian,

I'm undergrad too, and I'm going crazy looking for grants and the like. I have no advice to offer yet, but I do have sympathy!

Let's take our wigs off in the shopi aisle and fight it out.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab