Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: SET (LR) documents  (Read 511 times)

• Liked: 1
SET (LR) documents
« on: August 19, 2023, 04:49:48 PM »
hello!

i am needing to sort my ILR application in the. ext week or so. The documents they ask for are far less specific than with my previous FLR (M)

they merely ask for documents in our joint names over the past two years. do they need to be from specific sources? and how much? can i just use bank statements, a mortgage statement, and a council tax bill? spaced every 4 months or so? i’m used to a lot more strict guidance.

cheers

• Liked: 3595
Re: SET (LR) documents
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2023, 04:59:43 PM »
The document requirements for ILR are exactly the same as the document requirements for FLR(M).

The only differences for ILR are:

- you need to include your Life in the UK test reference number
and
- you need to provide 2.5 years of evenly spaced mail, not 2 years... so this will need to be from at least 3 different sources (which is the same as the FLR requirement) and spaced every 5 months (instead of 4 months for FLR).

You will also need updated financial documents, accommodation documents, and evidence of your spouse's UK citizenship and your marriage.

Also, if either of you have any children under 18 in the UK, you will need their passports, birth certificates and a letter dated in the last 3 months confirming their UK address.

See this thread for a comprehensive list of required documents:
https://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=100139.0

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2023, 05:20:13 PM »
thanks.

the documents aren’t the same though which is why i’m querying. i’ve done two FLR (M) applications before. this a SET application based on long residence though and not the 5 year marriage route. i could do it either way i suppose but i hit 10 years before the 5 on my spousal visa.

quoting verbatim from my application…

“evidence you have to prove the relationship with [my husband] (for example marriage certificates), and correspondence addressed either to you jointly, or in both your names, or addressed individually to you at the same address, to cover the last two years”

then basically asking for requisite passports/marriage certs/ birth certificates  of my husband and my child and all my previous passports and my BRP

so the guidance is different than in the past. I don’t need to submit payslips and bank statements and it doesn’t stipulate how many or what kind of documents (like three diff sources) i have to use.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 05:33:08 PM by colleen138 »

SET (LR) documents
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2023, 05:44:46 PM »
thanks.

the documents aren’t the same though which is why i’m querying. i’ve done two FLR (M) applications before. this a SET application based on long residence though and not the 5 year marriage route. i could do it either way i suppose but i hit 10 years before the 5 on my spousal visa.

quoting verbatim from my application…

“evidence you have to prove the relationship with [my husband] (for example marriage certificates), and correspondence addressed either to you jointly, or in both your names, or addressed individually to you at the same address, to cover the last two years”

then basically asking for requisite passports/marriage certs/ birth certificates  of my husband and my child and all my previous passports and my BRP

so the guidance is different than in the past. I don’t need to submit payslips and bank statements and it doesn’t stipulate how many or what kind of documents (like three diff sources) i have to use.
Oh, okay - you didn’t specify that in your post… since you mentioned FLR(M) I assumed you were applying using SET(M).

I’m afraid I don’t know what documents are needed for ILR based on Long Residence, as the majority of the people on the forum apply based on the 5-year marriage route.

Edit: Apologies - I see you put ILR(LR) in the thread title… I just didn’t notice it as I was concentrating on the body of the message

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 05:51:29 PM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2023, 11:18:06 AM »
I don't know much about SET LR either but I think @Sirius mentioned that the rules had changed recently and that time spent on temporary visas like visitors visas and short term student visas can no longer be counted. So make sure you still qualify.

I imagine you would have to prove all 10 years worth of visas and that you met the requirements of those visas at all times.

How much sooner do you qualify for SET LR? It might be easier just to go with SET M because at least you know where you are with that.

Immigrationboards will be able to help you with SET LR if you choose to go that route.

SET (LR) documents
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2023, 12:33:21 PM »
I see from your previous posts that your first FLR(M) was issued in June 2018… which means you’ve actually been eligible to apply for ILR via the 5-year SET(M) marriage route since May 2023.

(You can apply for ILR up to 28 days before the 5-year anniversary of your first FLR(M) issue date).

So, actually, it may be better for you to apply under SET(M) instead of SET(LR).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 342
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2023, 04:16:25 PM »
I don't know much about SET LR either but I think @Sirius mentioned that the rules had changed recently and that time spent on temporary visas like visitors visas and short term student visas can no longer be counted. So make sure you still qualify.

That might be an error about all short term students, which was spotted by somebody on immigrationboards. The Explanatory Notes (which it what I quoted) does not match the law change. Unfortunately, people have been getting refused.

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2023, 10:59:35 AM »
thanks all. I do qualify under 10 year as as Ive never lived here on a visitor or short term visa. need to sort something soon my visa expires 6 September and I've just been way to preoccupied with possible redundancy (luckily managed to keep my job!) that I've let this slide to the last minute. normally I'm more prepared - least I took my LITUK test already - did something right!

the seemingly good thing about SET (LR) is that there are far fewer documents to provide, they just aren't very clear with what ones they actually want!

would any of you know how soon after submitting the application the super priority appointment takes place? Im probably willing to pay the extra fee and wake up at 1am to try and get the appt but I have lots of work-related things I can't miss this week so wondering how much flexibility there is with the appt times - if I can book one or if they just tell me and where to show up.

• Liked: 342
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2023, 12:47:13 PM »
Immigrationboards will be able to help you with SET LR if you choose to go that route.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indefinite-leave-to-remain/

They will know.

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2023, 03:44:27 PM »
would any of you know how soon after submitting the application the super priority appointment takes place? Im probably willing to pay the extra fee and wake up at 1am to try and get the appt but I have lots of work-related things I can't miss this week so wondering how much flexibility there is with the appt times - if I can book one or if they just tell me and where to show up.

You don't book a 'Super Priority appointment' - Super Priority is a service that you purchase before you book an appointment, which gets added to your appointment when you attend it.

The different steps/timeline:

What you need to do before your visa expires (before 6th September):
- Gather all your documents
- Fill out the online application form
- When you are ready to submit the online application, log in just before 1am and press submit. If Super Priority is available, it will give you the option to add it to your application... so you pay the visa fee plus £800 for the Super Priority service. If Super Priority is not offered, log out without paying anything and try again the next night.
- Once you have paid for the visa and Super Priority, your application will be officially submitted...this part must be done before your visa expires on 6th September.

What you need to do after submitting the online application (the following can all be done after your current visa has expired, as long as you submitted the application before the expiry):
- Register an account with the UKVCAS website (you should be emailed a registration code once you have submitted the online application): https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message-detail?flashmessageId=74833
- Book a biometrics appointment, for whenever you can get one... there are both free and paid appointments available, but you may have to wait a few weeks to get a free one.
- Upload your documents to the UKVCAS website
- Attend your biometrics appointment... this is when the Super Priority service will be applied
- You should then get a visa decision within 24 hours/by end of next working day after the appointment.

Sponsored Links