Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: US/UK Tax Advisor  (Read 1796 times)

• Liked: 0
US/UK Tax Advisor
« on: October 21, 2023, 04:42:20 PM »
Hi, I have searched the forum but don't see any reference about cross border tax pros. I know they exist so how can I find one?
TIA,
CajunKen

• Liked: 719
Re: US/UK Tax Advisor
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2023, 05:00:27 PM »
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2023, 10:41:48 AM »
Thank you Durhamlad. I will go through the list. Just looking for planning advice for US retirement savings.not tax preperation.

• Liked: 719
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2023, 11:45:56 AM »
Thank you Durhamlad. I will go through the list. Just looking for planning advice for US retirement savings.not tax preperation.

You're welcome.  If your questions are about the different treatments retirement savings receive in the USA and UK then maybe ask some of those here, there are various threads here on withdrawing lump sums, IRA to Roth conversions etc.

In general, distributions from retirement savings accounts are treated the same in both countries, that is they are taxed as regular income.  Both countries respect the pension envelope and the monies within retirement accounts such as SIPPs and IRAs are not taxed at all until distributions are made. Distributions from Roth IRAs are tax free in both countries.

With after-tax savings such as mutual funds in the USA and ISAs in the UK then there are important differences that you should be aware of.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 5
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2023, 11:46:42 AM »
Hi - I have interacted with several London based firms for UK/US issues ranging from trusts, retirement, income tax and new startups.  The best advice/service to date has come from John Bull and team at Blick Rothenberg.

Just my two cents

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2023, 10:15:41 PM »
Bumping this thread to see if anyone has any other suggestions for dual tax advisors? This would be for advice on things like owning property in the UK and US, tax on bank accounts in UK/US, inheritance (from the US and UK) etc. I will contact the companies already named but others would be welcome. Thanks.

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2024, 04:28:49 PM »
Just an update that I contacted two uk/us tax advisories both mentioned on the forum: BlickRothenburg https://www.blickrothenberg.com/services/us-uk-private-client/us-and-uk-tax-compliance-and-advisory-services/ [nofollow] and Finch Associates https://finchassociates.co.uk/ [nofollow] .

I twice set up phone calls with Finch Associates and both times they failed to call me at the agreed time. I may try once more but am tempted just to forget them.

I was contacted by Blick Rothenburg and had a chat with one of their advisors about what they cover etc. They also sent me some fee information FAQs https://6985337.fs1.hubspotusercontent-na1.net/hubfs/6985337/Blick%20Rothenberg%20Master%20File/BR_Downloads/Downloadable%20resources/USUK%20Private%20Client/BlickRothenberg_FAQ-Fees_July2022.pdf [nofollow] and a list of fees https://6985337.fs1.hubspotusercontent-na1.net/hubfs/6985337/Blick%20Rothenberg%20Master%20File/BR_Downloads/Downloadable%20resources/USUK%20Private%20Client/BlickRothenberg_US-UK-Private%20Client%20Rate%20Structure_July2022.pdf [nofollow] . I don't believe either of these are on their website and gives a good idea of any potential costs. They said any work they are given is billed on the amount of time needed rather than any flat fee. They seemed slightly more geared towards high net worth clients, but that's not a criticism.

Would still be open to any more advisor suggestions for comparative purposes.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab