Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: HSMP - Time to enter the country  (Read 673 times)

• Liked: 0
HSMP - Time to enter the country
« on: January 17, 2005, 12:24:03 PM »
Hello!

I have a few questions regarding the HSMP visa:

1. Once I have the visa, how long do i have to enter the country?
2. For how long is it valid?

Thank you,
Lu.

Re: HSMP - Time to enter the country
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 05:55:17 PM »
Hi Lu,

Did you apply successfully under HSMP?  I am lookign to speak to some other Americans who have gone through the process.  How long did it take?  What is your background?  How is graduate experience defined (some jobs prefer a degree but don't require one)?  Have you looked at the job market for Americans in Britian?

Thanks,
Tonya

Re: HSMP - Time to enter the country
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 07:04:38 PM »
You should aim to enter get your passport stamped within 2 months of receiving approval for the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme and ideally to enter the country within one or two months of this point. You should note that it is at the discretion of the embassy or consulate to grant the full 12 months that the Home Office approve, although it is extremely rare for them not to grant the full 12 months. This initial period commences upon your passport being stamped and NOT when the HSMP is approved. Towards the end of the initial 12 month period you can apply for a 3 year extension, provided you can demonstrate that you are able to support yourself and ideally have found gainful employment. HSMP, as with a Work Permit, counts towards UK Residency.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Dean Marshall
Director
SkillClear
newcomer link: http://www.skillclear.co.uk/ [nonactive]

Sponsored Links