Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR Documentation - a few questions  (Read 216 times)

• Liked: 31
ILR Documentation - a few questions
« on: May 22, 2024, 11:09:58 AM »
I submitted my application yesterday (May 21) and have my biometrics appointment on the 26th.  Many thanks for all the help over the years.

I have a few questions about documentation I hope someone can help with.

1.  The checklist on the UKVCAS website DOESN'T include Marriage Certificate, prior passports for my spouse for the last 5 years, or a Land Registry document for our home.  Should I include these in the "Other" section?  We own our home outright - no mortgage.

2.  I assume my husband's current UK passport will suffice as his settled status in the UK?

3.  They're asking for 6 letters of correspondence to cover the last 2.5 years.  I have 7, starting in May 2024 going back every 5 months until November 2021.   Is this ok?

4.  My current US passport is in the Mandatory Documents section.  In the Other Documents section, they're asking for it again as proof that I speak English.  Do I need to upload it twice?

Thanks very much.   I really appreciate all the support!

• Liked: 6112
Re: ILR Documentation - a few questions
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2024, 11:56:32 AM »
I submitted my application yesterday (May 21) and have my biometrics appointment on the 26th.  Many thanks for all the help over the years.

I have a few questions about documentation I hope someone can help with.

1.  The checklist on the UKVCAS website DOESN'T include Marriage Certificate, prior passports for my spouse for the last 5 years, or a Land Registry document for our home.  Should I include these in the "Other" section?  We own our home outright - no mortgage.

2.  I assume my husband's current UK passport will suffice as his settled status in the UK?

3.  They're asking for 6 letters of correspondence to cover the last 2.5 years.  I have 7, starting in May 2024 going back every 5 months until November 2021.   Is this ok?

4.  My current US passport is in the Mandatory Documents section.  In the Other Documents section, they're asking for it again as proof that I speak English.  Do I need to upload it twice?

Thanks very much.   I really appreciate all the support!

1- The checklist is not comprehensive. Do include the other documents you know you need. Put them wherever it makes most sense.

2- Yes.

3- Yes

4- I would.

Good luck!

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2024, 04:20:11 PM »
Thanks Larrabee!

Hopefully just one more question.  For my prior visa both my husband and I completed Consent for the Home Office to verify information forms.  The forms appeared as I completed the online application.

This time the forms didn't appear and they're not mentioned on the checklist.

Do we need to do them?

Thanks!

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2024, 03:37:28 PM »
I got my approval this morning!   Thanks to everyone on this website for their help over the years.

Here's my timeline:

File application:  May 21, 2024 @5pm with Super Priority.  I was surprised Super Priority was available that late in the day.

Biometrics:   May 26 (Sunday) in Luton.  It was a flexible appointment from 9-12.   I arrived just before 9.  There were 2 people in front of me who had appointments at specific times.   They took me first because the flexible appointments have priority.  I was back in the car by 9:15.

Approval:   May 28.   Monday was a bank holiday, so this was the first business day after my Sunday appointment.

Now I can stop stressing about getting letters in the post!

Thanks again everyone for your help.  It's greatly appreciated.

• Liked: 6112
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2024, 05:11:17 PM »
I got my approval this morning!   Thanks to everyone on this website for their help over the years.

Here's my timeline:

File application:  May 21, 2024 @5pm with Super Priority.  I was surprised Super Priority was available that late in the day.

Biometrics:   May 26 (Sunday) in Luton.  It was a flexible appointment from 9-12.   I arrived just before 9.  There were 2 people in front of me who had appointments at specific times.   They took me first because the flexible appointments have priority.  I was back in the car by 9:15.

Approval:   May 28.   Monday was a bank holiday, so this was the first business day after my Sunday appointment.

Now I can stop stressing about getting letters in the post!

Thanks again everyone for your help.  It's greatly appreciated.

Congratulations!   :)

• Liked: 425
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2024, 06:55:55 PM »
Congratulations!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links