Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: pre ILR relationship deteriorating  (Read 371 times)

• Liked: 0
pre ILR relationship deteriorating
« on: August 20, 2024, 02:57:06 PM »
Hello!
I have used many of these threads to help with my prior UK visa issues, now its time for my own.

I have been in the U.K for nearly 5 years and my ILR time is coming up, but honestly as the years have gone on me and my husband have slowly pulled apart and I truly cant imagine life with him any longer. We have 3 Dual Citizen children and I am on the 5 year route. We still live together and are still married but are essentially roomates... I am not physically abused either.

Do I just go forth and apply for my ILR knowing that in the future we will likely be getting a divorce? Is this fraud? I have an employer and am sponsoring myself (as in its all my own money being used to support my application) but my job does not sponsor people so that is not an option. I just don't want to apply and get ILR/Citizenship and the HO gives me a notice in x years time because we have then seperated ETC...

I spoke with one lawyer who said that the day I get ILR I could get divorced and this would not matter, but I find this hard to believe?

Thanks!

• Liked: 427
pre ILR relationship deteriorating
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2024, 04:27:21 PM »
Hello!
I have used many of these threads to help with my prior UK visa issues, now its time for my own.

I have been in the U.K for nearly 5 years and my ILR time is coming up, but honestly as the years have gone on me and my husband have slowly pulled apart and I truly cant imagine life with him any longer. We have 3 Dual Citizen children and I am on the 5 year route. We still live together and are still married but are essentially roomates... I am not physically abused either.

Do I just go forth and apply for my ILR knowing that in the future we will likely be getting a divorce? Is this fraud? I have an employer and am sponsoring myself (as in its all my own money being used to support my application) but my job does not sponsor people so that is not an option. I just don't want to apply and get ILR/Citizenship and the HO gives me a notice in x years time because we have then seperated ETC...

I spoke with one lawyer who said that the day I get ILR I could get divorced and this would not matter, but I find this hard to believe?

Thanks!
Hi,  I’m sorry to hear about your relationship, but it shouldn’t be a problem at all for your Visa. If you have all the documentation it’s fine. Once you have ILR, if divorce is your choice then you can stay, get citizenship(highly recommend), get remarried if you want. ILR is Indefinite Leave to Remain…..married or single once you have it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links