Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What are your work hours.....  (Read 1059 times)

• Liked: 1
What are your work hours.....
« on: January 17, 2005, 05:05:36 PM »
Both the ones on paper, and the ones you work. 

Technically my company is 9-5. 

However most people are here by 8:30 and out around 5:30-6:00.  I work about 8:45-6 although today i'm working a 13 hour day as i'm going to the states on Wednesday for holiday. I work in finance.

Just thought this may help people who are moving here, looking to get a job here as some people find the hours longer here....while some find them shorter!

• London Rollergirl
Re: What are your work hours.....
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 05:11:35 PM »
Im not in finance ...I work as a nurse my work hours depend on my placement. This new placement is from 7:30am - 8:30pm  three days a week :P

But never fear, gentlemen; castration was really not the point of feminism, and we women are too busy eviscerating one another to take you on.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 05:49:21 PM »
I work in Technology within the financial industry.  I usaully sign my time sheet to be 8 hrs a day.  We don't get paid overtime.  I usually work from 8:30am to 6pm, but there have been days that I have been at work till 7 or 7:30pm.

Back in NYC, I normally would be in the office by 7:15am and work till 6pm, though have been at work on occasion till the early morning hours. 

As I work for a US company, hrs here in London still tend to be longer than usual as there is a lot of work to be done in conjunction with our NYC counterparts.

bvamin

• Unavailable for Comment.
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 06:22:35 PM »
Working 9-5... what a way to make a living...  ;D

I always work 9-5 unless I'm trying to impress the boss and stay a bit longer to finish something but that's rare.

Some people in our office have flexi but only those who have been in the company for x amount of years.
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

• Does my bum look big in this?
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 06:44:28 PM »
On paper, I work 8.30 - 5.00.

In reality, I start any time between 8 and 9 and leave between 5.30 and 7.00.  My boss gives me 'flex-time' for any extra hours worked, which means I can leave early if I need to attend a school event/take a kid to the doctor/etc.
When I am grown-up I will understand how BEAUTIFUL it feels to administrate my life effectively.

Until then I will continue to TORCH all correspondence that bores me and to dance NAKED over the remnants of its still glowing embers.

~The Interesting Thoughts of Edward Monkton

• Liked: 8
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 06:48:49 PM »
I work M-F from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

I leave the house at 9:30 and am home at 2:30...just in time to start my other job, which consists of cooking, cleaning, dog maintenance, and being an all-around perfect housefrau!   ;)

• Wishstar
  • Fully Certified British Citizen

• Supplier of useless knowledge
    • An American in London
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 07:53:55 PM »
My company doesn't really keep hours at all.  We have core hours of 10 - 4, and are officially "open" from 9 - 5:30 when reception is manned.  But as long as we're around between 10 to 4, we can work our 7.5 hours per day as we see fit. 

I generally get into the office at 8:30, and try to leave at 4:00 or 4:30.  If I have to stay later than that, or don't get a lunch break, I tend to come in later or knock off earlier sometimes.  Just depends on how I'm feeling!  Definitely one of the perks of my workplace.

• Officially a Brit.
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2005, 08:30:02 PM »
Not employed now - but the job I'm looking at (and others similar to is) would likely involve me being there around 9 and leaving at 5:30 on 'normal' days. Sadly that won't include the commute. On deadline days (when preparing the magazine for press) it could mean some late hours. I'm hoping they will offer time in lieu for the overtime.

Actually, I'm just hoping they hire me!  :-\\\\

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. ~ John Lennon

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2005, 09:06:04 PM »
9-5, M-F.  My commute is about half an hour door to door.  Suits me!  :D

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2005, 09:12:10 PM »
I work 8.45 - 5pm.  I work most of my lunch hour usually (by my choice) and I will stay to get things done if necessary.  My boss has NEVER asked me to stay late and is always impressed when I do.

I leave the house about 8.30 or so and I'm home by 5.20.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2005, 09:14:30 PM »
I work alternating 'shifts' of 8-4, 9-5, or 11-7.
11-7 rocks... i love having time to myself in the mornings, and i can still get home in time for EastEnders.  :)

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2005, 08:54:26 AM »
my manager keeps trying to kick me out at 5:30....while she stays for hours (granted she does work mostly with sanfrancisco).

And i ususally work my lunch hour, by choice like peedal.

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2005, 09:07:56 AM »
My contracted hours per 36.25 per week -  it's up to me where I fit those hours in, as long as I'm around during the core period of 10-4 every day. I prefer to arrive early and then leave early.

If I have to work more than those contracted hours, I'm paid time-and-a-half. And I don't work in my lunch hour. 'Cause I'm, like, eating my lunch then, you know?  [smiley=chef.gif]

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab