Hello
Guest

Sponsored Links


Topic: NewsFlash  (Read 12203 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • *
  • Posts: 6298

  • Liked: 787
  • Joined: Sep 2015
Re: NewsFlash
« Reply #480 on: Yesterday at 10:21:47 PM »


  • *
  • Posts: 6298

  • Liked: 787
  • Joined: Sep 2015
Re: NewsFlash
« Reply #481 on: Yesterday at 10:25:33 PM »
Looking at Trump’s long list of tariffs by country I see that Russia is not listed. Fancy that.

 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c5ypxnnyg7jo

Such a surprise.  [smiley=dozey.gif]


  • *
  • Posts: 6298

  • Liked: 787
  • Joined: Sep 2015
Re: NewsFlash
« Reply #482 on: Yesterday at 11:49:17 PM »
Not earth-shattering news. Pretty expected, really. But....

Donald Trump will be fine dining Friday, instead of attending a ceremony for four fallen U.S. soldiers. The commander in chief chose to attend the LIV Golf dinner reception in Florida Thursday night, financed by the sovereign wealth fund of Saudi Arabia, flying over Delaware’s Dover Air Force base where four service members who died on training grounds in a Lithuanian swamp were being honored. Those soldiers include 25-year-old Sergeant Jose Duenez Jr. of Joliet, Illinois; 25-year-old Sergeant Edvin F. Franco of Glendale, California; 21-year-old Private First Class Dante D. Taitano of Dededo, Guam; and 28-year-old Staff Sergeant Troy S. Knutson-Collins of Battle Creek, Michigan.

The M88 Hercules armored recovery vehicle the team had been using was discovered 16 feet underground, a day after the soldiers went missing, but the massive machinery took days to unearth in its entirety. The last soldier’s body was recovered Tuesday, capping a weeklong search by hundreds of personnel in the U.S. military and Lithuania’s emergency services. The soldiers were honored during a dignified departure ceremony in Lithuania attended by Lithuanian President Gitanas Nausėda. Trump’s decision to not attend the arrival ceremony suggests that the U.S. military leader cares less about America’s armed forces than the leaders of foreign countries.


FROM https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-gross-plan-ceremony-soldiers-154034219.html



At least Lithuania cares. How kind of them!  :\\\'( :-\\\\



https://x.com/Lithuanian_MoD/status/1907808880744095931

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:57:37 PM by Nan D. »


  • *
  • Posts: 6298

  • Liked: 787
  • Joined: Sep 2015
Re: NewsFlash
« Reply #483 on: Today at 12:55:33 AM »
The Trump administration on Friday said it accidentally told some Ukrainians refugees they needed to leave the U.S. immediately because their legal status was being revoked, telling CBS News the message was sent by mistake. Some Ukrainians who had entered the U.S. under the Biden administration following Russia's invasion of their homeland received emails this week telling them that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security would be terminating their legal protections, according to advocates and a notice obtained by CBS News.

"DHS is now exercising its discretion to terminate your parole," the April 3 notice said, referring to the temporary legal status that the Biden administration granted to hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians. "Unless it expires sooner, your parole will terminate 7 days from the date of this notice."

The Biden administration welcomed roughly 240,000 Ukrainians under a policy known as Uniting for Ukraine, or U4U, that allowed Americans to sponsor Ukrainians displaced by Russia's invasion. More than 20,000 Ukrainians who flew to Mexico at the start of the war were also allowed into the U.S. under the parole authority, which allows officials to offer temporary work permits and deportation protections to migrants on humanitarian grounds.

If recipients failed to leave the U.S., the message read, they would "be subject to potential law enforcement actions that will result in your removal from the United States," unless they have received another immigration status. The notice also said recipients would lose their work permits once their parole status was revoked, and encouraged them to sign up for self-deportation using a government smartphone app known as CBP Home that the Trump administration recently repurposed. "Again, DHS is terminating your parole. Do not attempt to remain in the United States — the federal government will find you," the notice warned. "Please depart the United States immediately."

But when CBS News asked representatives for DHS about the notice, they said it had been sent by accident.  "A message was sent in error to some Ukrainians under the U4U program," DHS said in a statement to CBS News Friday. "The U4U parole program has not been terminated." It is unclear how many Ukrainians received the government's notice.


FROM  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-administration-accidentally-tells-ukrainian-refugees-they-must-leave-u-s-immediately-citing-an-error/

 :o


Sponsored Links





 

coloured_drab