Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Dentists again... because I am a dweeb  (Read 2266 times)

• chasing my rainbow, catching it and tying it down
  • Liked: 0
Re: Dentists again... because I am a dweeb
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2005, 11:18:29 PM »
From a Brit, if you can find a decent NHS dentist to take you and £££'s are a real factor as you may need more extensive work - TAKE IT! The costs will be a lot cheaper than the difference in your petrol costs than going private.

If you are used to paying American prices and going into a nicer surgery, where they have more time to see you and offer wider choice of services and saving money is not your first priority - go Private on Denplan.

The confusion with dentists, is that although you see the same dentist, he can accept you as a patient at different levels, bit like an airplane, has coach, business and first class, the dentists here have a two ( and sometimes) three tier system ( NHS Costs- cheapest, next level, I have known to be called Privilege- more expensive than NHS and then Private patients, again, more expensive).

And as dentists are never fun, cheap or otherwise - good luck!

S
I am having 2 veneers done this year, total cost £150 and I think that is considered purely cosmetic.  I also put £150 down 2 years ago as a deposit and have not had to pay anything for all my treatments since then as I am still in credit!  When you first meet with your dentist, during the check upm, they produce a treatment plan for items over and above the basic cleaning/scaling etc and they also generate an approximate of the price in total.

Born to shop..............forced to work

Sponsored Links