Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Easy Jet or Czech Air?  (Read 1489 times)

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
Easy Jet or Czech Air?
« on: January 21, 2005, 11:16:00 AM »
Just curious which others would choose.  I've checked out flights on both and the prices are comparable, and the flights are direct (no more connecting flights for me - EVER!).
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

• Liked: 1
Re: Easy Jet or Czech Air?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 11:34:23 AM »
I don't know, but when are we going? ;)
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 11:37:28 AM »
consider the difference in pre-boarding experience. Does CzechAir have assigned seat numbers. I always find that there's an air of frantic panic in the crowd before boarding Easy.

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 11:44:23 AM »
I always find that there's an air of frantic panic in the crowd before boarding Easy.

I know, isn't it great!  :D

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 11:48:00 AM »
Well, that's why I'm asking.  I've never flown either of them.  Our last trip to Prague we went with Lufthansa which I will NEVER EVER EVER USE AGAIN.  (Rant is posted elsewhere in the Travel section.)

Anyway - I guess I could call CzechAir and find out if they do seat assignment.  That makes the difference between feeling like you're going on holiday or to the market! ::)

I don't know, but when are we going? ;)

Desperately would like to go in March - again.  It was lovely then...

- Benjamin Franklin

• Married! 4-7-4 (4th of April, 2007)
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005, 11:50:19 AM »
I'm going to Prague on British Air. in Feb..direct flight and not super expensive either...just another thing to consider...

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 11:52:28 AM »
Thanks - but I don't do BA.  Just a personal thing.  Which does kind of suck, because their fares aren't too bad.  :-\\\\

- Benjamin Franklin

• Liked: 0
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2005, 02:41:32 PM »
Hi peedal

I would probably fly Czech air, but they are a bit pricey. If you still live in Kent and are looking for a cheap fare have you looked at
http://www.eujet.com/EN/.

They fly out of Manston airport in Kent. Ive never used them but I have been tempted.

jc

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2005, 02:44:10 PM »
I've been tempted, too.  I think I'll look into Manston - if only because they need the business from what I'm hearing.   :-\\\\

Thanks for everyone's input!  If I can't get what I want out of Manston/EUJet, I'll probably go with CzechAir.  You get what you pay for, don't you.  :P

- Benjamin Franklin

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2005, 02:57:01 PM »
A group of us flew with Sleazy and actually all arrived on time.  Well on group was late, but it made it easier as we did not have to wait long for them!  ;D  Easy Jet does not bother me, but I have never flown Czech Air so Can't compare..
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Liked: 2
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2005, 04:11:34 PM »
You have to pay for food and drink on Easyjet, you mgiht want to find out if Czech Air provides meals/drinks (and I don't just mean alchoholic ones!).  I've flown with Easyjet a couple of times to Scotland and had no problems but then again it wasn't my greatest flying experience ever either.  Its definitely budget. And if you think you might do a lot of shopping in Prague you might want to check their excess baggage charges.

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2005, 04:12:46 PM »
Nah - we don't shop in Prague - just drink!  And eat!  So maybe I should look into charges for excess on me coming back!! ;D

- Benjamin Franklin

• Liked: 2
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2005, 04:15:05 PM »
oh well in that case don't go on easyjet they are pretty tough on not letting people on if they've had too much plus you might get a free vodka or pilsner on czech air!

• If it were easy, you wouldn't appreciate it
    • Just Frances
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2005, 04:54:09 PM »
I loved my Czech air experience.  Everyone was super nice, the food was great and the flights were all on time.  Plus, they gave us real metal utensils....loads easier to eat that way!!

To me, it would be worth a little extra to fly Czech vs EasyJet...

• Married! 4-7-4 (4th of April, 2007)
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2005, 05:22:28 PM »
oooohhh...need suggestions for places to eat and drink in Prague...please?  Already have a place to stay (very lovely Le Palais) but want a few places to go eat and drink!

Sponsored Links