Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Easy Jet or Czech Air?  (Read 1490 times)

Re: Easy Jet or Czech Air?
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2005, 05:37:26 PM »
Easy Jet was OK but I couldnt get by the fact you have to buy your drinks. Even a lousy cup of coffee. I mean I guess I would rather pay less for my fare and pay for my bevs seperately but I just thought it was so cheesy.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2005, 05:54:52 PM by Pebbles »

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2005, 10:11:25 PM »
onetiger, Saturday I'll bring the book we took with us to Prague.  We had some of the most amazing meals there...
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

• Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2005, 11:03:12 AM »
Onetiger

These would be my recommendations for Prague.The first one is on the castle side of the river, near the Charles bridge (mala strana) . It called U Maleho Glena,which means "little glens".  The owner is an american who has been living in Prague for about fifteen years. Its a great bar w/live music and good food. They have good mexican food. They do brunch on the weekends. He also owns a chain of bagel shops called Bohemian Bagel which are cheap and cheerful.

here is the link http://www.malyglen.cz/ 

This second place is a microbrewery that does great beer and really good czech food.
Its called Novomestsky pivovar.(newtown brewery) This is also a great place for large groups. Because of their resonable prices its best if you call ahead to book here

Link http://www.npivovar.cz/

Both places are casual so no need to worry about dressing up. If you are looking for any other types of places or cuisines just ask. I know Prague well. Its a wonderful city!   

Good luck!

john

• Liked: 1
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2005, 11:22:14 AM »
John do you have any tips for outside of Prague?  When we go back I'd liek to do it in the Autumn any idea which month might be best?
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Married! 4-7-4 (4th of April, 2007)
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2005, 01:40:48 PM »
Thanks for the helpful tips!  I'm getting very excited about the trip...only 19 more days!

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2005, 09:24:31 AM »
vnicepeeps

September is usualy a good time to visit. Kids are back in school.

My suggestion for outside of Prague would be Cesky Krumlov. Its south of Prague. Its an incredible place to see. It has the second biggest castle in the CZ. Its like a walk backwards in time. If you have a car be sure to stop in the town of Zlata Koruna (Gold Crown) . The main attraction there is a monastery founded in 1263 .  Also nearby is the Sumava National forest. These mountains share the border with Germany and Austria.

john

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2005, 03:29:56 PM »
I've not flown Czech Air but have flown Easyjet.  It wasn't too bad.  I find that if you get there early (2 hours ahead) and you bring a water bottle and your own food then you will get seats together pretty much where you want and won't go hungry.
If you want the cheapest flights around such as Easyjet or Ryanair that's how they keep fares so low.  And to be honest, would you rather pay the much higher flight price or bring along something you like that you could buy pretty cheap?  These airlines don't fly more than 2-3 hours away so you're not on them for ages where you might want a cup of coffee or whatever.

I can see how it'd be annoying if you got there 45 minutes before takeoff and you were in the last section.  I had that happen on Southwest airlines and it's not fun scrambling for a seat!

I hear Prague is a real party city as well as having beautiful architecture.  Did anyone see the Stag Dos in Prague show on TV last week?

Matt
And the world first spoke to me in Sensurround

Sponsored Links