Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Need some help with the butter  (Read 2534 times)

• Unavailable for Comment.
  • Liked: 0
Re: Need some help with the butter
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2003, 03:14:12 PM »
We get some type of French butter here at our stores.  Not sure what you are looking for.  I think they have sea salt in them.  I have never purchased them but if you want I can give you names the next time I run to the store.  I just know we have French butter not sure if it is because we are so close.  Let me know.

God, when I was living in France, I ate a TON of their butter. That salty stuff was the absolute best on baguettes.

Ahh... memories....
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

• The Key to life is making the best of change.
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2003, 09:10:17 PM »

God, when I was living in France, I ate a TON of their butter. That salty stuff was the absolute best on baguettes.

Ahh... memories....

Hi Ashley,

I am running to the store in a bit.  I will check out the names and let you know.  

BTW everytime I see your name I think of Gone with the Wind.  

Cheers,

[smiley=daisy.gif]
We all have shadows of self doubt in the corners of our beings self respect is an ongoing prcoess of vigilance.  It means learning to be able to live by an internal compass. - Sara Lawrence Lightfoot

• The Key to life is making the best of change.
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2003, 10:03:43 AM »
Sorry Ashley,

Could not find the stuff in Sainsbury's.  I do know Tescos has butter from France with sea salt in it.  Might try there.

Cheers,

[smiley=daisy.gif]
We all have shadows of self doubt in the corners of our beings self respect is an ongoing prcoess of vigilance.  It means learning to be able to live by an internal compass. - Sara Lawrence Lightfoot

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2003, 10:40:46 AM »
Could not find the stuff in Sainsbury's.  I do know Tescos has butter from France with sea salt in it.  Might try there.

Sorry I'm just now returning to this thread! Yes, I would love to know the name of the French butter....very interesting about the sea salt. I love sea salt and use it instead of table salt for my cooking. That must be why I prefer the French butter! Thanks!
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2003, 12:30:51 PM »
Hiya LisaE!

The french butter I've seen at Tesco is called something like "Tesco Finest Brittany Butter "

I had it at my MIL's house- you can really taste the difference with the sea-salt- you can actually taste the crystals! It's very tasty!

Hope that helpful!!

Jen  :)

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2003, 10:39:10 AM »
The french butter I've seen at Tesco is called something like "Tesco Finest Brittany Butter "

WOOWOO! I am so there!
Thankyouthankyouthankyou! ! ! ! ! ! !
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab