Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How does one fly standby?  (Read 1250 times)

• The Key to life is making the best of change.
  • Liked: 0
How does one fly standby?
« on: June 18, 2003, 11:03:45 AM »
Hello everyone,

Has anyone ever flew via standby?  If so how does it work and what is the best time to try?  What airlines are better to try and fly standby?

Cheers   [smiley=daisy.gif]
We all have shadows of self doubt in the corners of our beings self respect is an ongoing prcoess of vigilance.  It means learning to be able to live by an internal compass. - Sara Lawrence Lightfoot

• Fat people are hard to kidnap.
    • Flickr
Re: How does one fly standby?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2003, 06:08:32 PM »
Good luck -- I, personally, don't know of any airlines that do this anymore.  That's not to say they don't!  I just don't know of any.

I've done it a number of times.  Only once internationally.  The procedure for me was:  show up at the airport, tell them where you want to go and when. If they had room, they'd throw me on at the last boarding call. At the time it was $35 for my domestic trips.  I don't remember how much my international one was -- I flew from Florida (the one with the horseshoe shaped airport) to Gatwick -- but that was Laker.

My domestic ones flew me everywhere -- for that price... why wouldn't you?  The $35 was for each leg of the journey.  So, for instance, if I wanted to go Cleveland to San Fran -- I'd have to pay $35 to get me to Chicago and another $35 to get me to San Fran -- since there's no direct flight there.

Hope that helps!!

-Lisa-
If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. ~Carl Sagan

• The Key to life is making the best of change.
Re: How does one fly standby?
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2003, 02:10:18 PM »
Hello Lisa,

Thank you for the information.  I have called around and no airline does standby anymore.   :(

Cheers,

[smiley=daisy.gif]
We all have shadows of self doubt in the corners of our beings self respect is an ongoing prcoess of vigilance.  It means learning to be able to live by an internal compass. - Sara Lawrence Lightfoot

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab