Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Residence reqs. for spousal visa?  (Read 512 times)

• Liked: 1
Residence reqs. for spousal visa?
« on: February 01, 2005, 10:06:05 PM »
Hi Folks,

My British citizen husband and I are planning to relocate to the UK.  He and I have lived in the US for 20 + years.   The visa ap for me wants me to give details of the property we will be in when we get there which we don't have.  I asked the visa folks if prepaid reservations in a hotel or with a motorhome company (so we could travel about and look for somewhere to live) would do and they would not answer me directly at all.   We will have some capital, my husband is retired and has a regular income, and I can work.

So, any ideas or experience on what to say in the visa ap if we don't have an address there before we go?  I really don't want to travel twice if I can avoid  it.   HELP!

Kathleen
Kathleen

"Be who you are and say what you think; those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind".   -Dr. Seuss

• Liked: 8
Re: Residence reqs. for spousal visa?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 08:13:29 AM »
Does your husband have any family over here?  Perhaps you could stay with them until you find a place?

Either that, or your husband could come over ahead of time to find a place.  Once he's settled, you could just apply for your spousal visa and head on over to meet him.

Sponsored Links