Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Bringing My US Car to the UK  (Read 717 times)

Bringing My US Car to the UK
« on: February 07, 2005, 04:38:10 AM »
My wife and I have decided to trade the Hummer and the F-350 for a smaller more economical car. We ended up with a 2005 Nissan Altima and now want to bring it with us.

My question is:

1. Has anyone with experience shipped their car to the UK?
2. Is there a website that details what I need to do to make it legal in the UK?
3. I know there are Nissan Altima's in the UK, could a dealership in the UK make it legal?

Any extra info is helpful, and many thanks for your assistance,
- Michael  ;D

Re: Bringing My US Car to the UK
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 05:41:24 AM »
Why do you want to bring a left-hand drive car with you?
You'll stand out like a sore thumb, plus it makes life very difficult at bridge toll kiosks, car park barriers, car washes, drive thrus... 

Doesnt your corporate relocation provide  you with a car, or some money towards a car?

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 10:17:39 AM »
http://www.import-car.info/

This is a great site of someone who has lots of experience in shipping US cars to the UK.

It will be harder to orientate yourself in the beginning tho......but it can be done!

Drive thrus in England???????? Outside of BK and McD's, they are few and far between! lol

• Life not only begins at 40, it begins to show.
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 10:30:36 AM »
Apart from the hurdles mentioned by otterpop, I had no probs driving my LHD car in the UK, in fact, other drivers seemed to be much politer on the road, thinking I was a foreigner (uh how true  :P).

If your company pays for the relocation, why not bring the car with you?  ;D
"Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you." — Kurt Cobain

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 11:07:01 AM »
Drive thrus in England???????? Outside of BK and McD's, they are few and far between! lol

um yeah, i didnt mean to give the impression that drive-thrus are on every corner.
but here in edinburgh, we also have a KFC drive thru!  yummm... popcorn chicken!  ;)

Sponsored Links