Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: I could really use some advice -- deportation  (Read 4150 times)

• The Key to life is making the best of change.
  • Liked: 0
Re: I could really use some advice -- deportation
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2003, 03:21:16 PM »
MoiN,  I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time.   Unfortunately I can't offer any advice but I'm glad a few folks her had some good ideas.  Please keep us updated on how it's going.

Big Hugs   [smiley=hug.gif],

Sandy

Hello Sandy,

You must be excited your are going to be married soon.  

We just had an article about us in a local paper printed.  And our MP Roger Gale is still working with the Home Office for a variance.  So far that is where we are at.  I am going to give Roger Gale a couple of weeks and than contact him again.  I have been working my way through the Immigration laws here.    
We all have shadows of self doubt in the corners of our beings self respect is an ongoing prcoess of vigilance.  It means learning to be able to live by an internal compass. - Sara Lawrence Lightfoot

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2003, 03:37:38 PM »
Ahhhh a Rossy girl :D.......

In any event, I hope everything works out for ya. I know ya mentioned you were strapped for cash but hopefully ya can get that sorted. New York's processing visas within a day and ya can do it on a walk in basis so with any luck you can settle the whole matter within a few days if you are forced to leave. Good Luck and I hope everything works out for ya. :)

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2003, 12:20:05 PM »
Hi Celtic,

What part of B-town are you in?  I use to sail every weekend at the community sailing club at back bay near the hatchshell.  Ahh Boston must be beautiful right now.  

I have checked out prices for NYC.  If we get enough notice we can find some really cheap flights.  Plus I found some inexpensive hotels in NYC.  It is coming up with all the cash at once.   :(  It is funny we can live off of his earnings but it is hard to save.  I have looked through all our expenses and not sure where else to cut back on.  If I was working the paying for the visa would be no issue.  We could afford it easy.  But than if I had a work visa I would not need to go for the Spousal visa.  Talk about being in a rock and hard place.  
We all have shadows of self doubt in the corners of our beings self respect is an ongoing prcoess of vigilance.  It means learning to be able to live by an internal compass. - Sara Lawrence Lightfoot

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2003, 03:25:26 PM »
MoiNouvelle, grew up in Cambridge but live up in Wakefield now. Never did any sailing myself but I'm quite familiar with the Hatchshell. In fact I was heading over there yesterday for the Jazz and Blues festival but it lashed down here all day so I opted out.  The normally 50,000 + who normally would attend was reduced to about 2000 die-hards. I wish I could say the weather in Boston has been lovely but its rained at least one day (and most times both) day every weekend since very early May so its put a huge damper on most outdoor activities which make this town so much fun during the spring and summer. Now this week theyre calling for 85+ weather with ...you guessed it......more rain this coming weekend >:(.....its enough to keep all the lovers muggers and thieves away from the banks of the Charles River ;D ;D

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2003, 05:22:51 PM »
MoiNouvelle,

First - if they actually DEPORT you, the government should foot the bill for sending you back.

So here's your game plan.  Get sent back to NY.  Go to the NY Consulate on the very next day and stand in line with all your lovely paperwork and apply for your Spouse Visa.  You SHOULD get it that day.  However - be prepared that by virtue of being deported, it might take longer.  It would help if you take anything and everything you have relevant to the situation to show the reason for the deportation.

If you want to private message me, I can give you the name of the hotel I stayed at when I got sent back and had to apply for my Fiancee Visa last August/September - it's walking distance to the consulate and was really wonderful.  LisaE on this site stayed there and recommended it to me and I got a great deal on it through Expedia.com.  I can also give you the info on the website I used for our one-way tickets BACK to the UK once the Visas (for me and my two sons) were in order.  They were way cheap and since we had settlement visas, there was no problem with there being no return date.

Trust me - you can get through this.  I did - and I had two kids along for the ride and no money to speak of.  We're here to help.  Even - ESPECIALLY - when the government isn't!!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

• Chris Hansen's Home Page
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2003, 07:47:56 PM »
Hi there:

Sorry about your troubles. A thought: have you thought of getting the media interested in this? I can see the News of the World now: "Blair deports a US wife, allows asylum seekers to stay". One thing that the government hates is media interest in their murky workings.

Just a thought. Good luck!

Chris Hansen
http://www.hansenhome.demon.co.uk

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2003, 12:33:36 PM »
MoiNouvelle, grew up in Cambridge but live up in Wakefield now. Never did any sailing myself but I'm quite familiar with the Hatchshell. In fact I was heading over there yesterday for the Jazz and Blues festival but it lashed down here all day so I opted out.  The normally 50,000 + who normally would attend was reduced to about 2000 die-hards. I wish I could say the weather in Boston has been lovely but its rained at least one day (and most times both) day every weekend since very early May so its put a huge damper on most outdoor activities which make this town so much fun during the spring and summer. Now this week theyre calling for 85+ weather with ...you guessed it......more rain this coming weekend >:(.....its enough to keep all the lovers muggers and thieves away from the banks of the Charles River ;D ;D

Hello Celtic,

Ahhh Cambridge...nice area.  I have to say I am not very familiar to Wakefield.  Do you plan on going to the Hatchshell show for July 4, 2003?  If you join the community sailing club you can go there for the 4th of July celebrations.   ;D  Talk about great seat being on the water right in front.

Hey maybe I should come and visit!   ;)  The entire time I lived in New England the winter was mild and the summer was wonderful.  I left and you guys had one of the worst winters for a long time.   ;)  Plus the weather here has been beyond gorgeous.  We are having highs in the low 80s and not much rain during the day.  Most storms come through late at night.  I cannot complain.  I am sure the summer will get better for you.  July and August is historically the best time.  

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2003, 01:23:11 PM »
MoiNouvelle,

First - if they actually DEPORT you, the government should foot the bill for sending you back.

So here's your game plan.  Get sent back to NY.  Go to the NY Consulate on the very next day and stand in line with all your lovely paperwork and apply for your Spouse Visa.  You SHOULD get it that day.  However - be prepared that by virtue of being deported, it might take longer.  It would help if you take anything and everything you have relevant to the situation to show the reason for the deportation.

If you want to private message me, I can give you the name of the hotel I stayed at when I got sent back and had to apply for my Fiancee Visa last August/September - it's walking distance to the consulate and was really wonderful.  LisaE on this site stayed there and recommended it to me and I got a great deal on it through Expedia.com.  I can also give you the info on the website I used for our one-way tickets BACK to the UK once the Visas (for me and my two sons) were in order.  They were way cheap and since we had settlement visas, there was no problem with there being no return date.

Trust me - you can get through this.  I did - and I had two kids along for the ride and no money to speak of.  We're here to help.  Even - ESPECIALLY - when the government isn't!!

Hello Peedal,

I am so sorry you had to contend with the Home Office and was deported.  I was wondering how did it affect you obtaining the Spousal Visa?  And what about travel to other countries?  

I have private messaged you.  I am sorry you had such a difficult time.  Any information you can give me will be greatly appriciated.

Cheers,

[smiley=daisy.gif]

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2003, 01:53:21 PM »
Hi there:

Sorry about your troubles. A thought: have you thought of getting the media interested in this? I can see the News of the World now: "Blair deports a US wife, allows asylum seekers to stay". One thing that the government hates is media interest in their murky workings.

Just a thought. Good luck!

Chris Hansen
http://www.hansenhome.demon.co.uk

Hello Chris,

I read your website.  You have a very facinating story.  Congradulations on your partner able to join you. As for the press we have contacted some.  The Daily Mail flat out refused.  It is counter to their agenda of out lawing all foriegners coming into the country.  We have had an article published Friday in a local paper.  Unfortunatly is was burried due to a gas explosion in Canterbury.  I am still looking into other national newspapers to cover the issue.  My H reads the Daily Mail everyday and have found a reporter that might be willing.  I plan to email them and see.  It is a matter of calling around.  I would rather do some more research on the different newspapers before contacting the circulation desk again.  

I am still amazed at how callaous Ms. Beverley Hughes, Minister of States for Home Office, was in her denial.  As she stated there was no compasionate reason for her to allow me to live with my Husband.  Excuse me I have no right to live with my Husband!!!!   That is not a reason for compassion??  Our MP Roger Gale sent another letter trying to convience her to change her mind.  It was quit scathing.  Well she did not refuse me to live with my H...just that I had to fly back to the states and pay for the visa.  It is all about money.  

I hate to think how awful it is going to be when it is time to apply for my H's visa for the USA.  BTW did you enjoy living in San Francisico?  If the startup company gets off the ground than it looks like we will move there for my H's job.  Thank you so much for the advice.  

Cheers,

[smiley=daisy.gif]

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2003, 02:44:32 PM »
MoiNouvelle.....my favorite spot has always been the Charles Street Bridge to watch the fireworks. My stepdaughter is a HUGE Ally McBeal fan and when she was over last year thats where we took her to see them and she recognized it right away from the opening credits on the show....Small World :D :D

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2003, 03:12:53 PM »
MoiNouvelle,  

I just came across this thread and I wanted to send you my best...  I do not have any advise to help with since I am still in the states... I am very very sorry you are going through this...  

From one that has yet to go through the process, it tends to sound a bit scarey...

As with everyone else, my thoughts and prayers are with you and all that have to struggle so hard to be with the love we so happily found...  

I understand the need for countries to be wary of those just wanting a free ride into a new land...  but those of us that are moving for all the right reasons are paying the price and it is not right, nor fair.

take care
 shel

Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2003, 07:59:18 PM »
MoiNouvelle.....my favorite spot has always been the Charles Street Bridge to watch the fireworks. My stepdaughter is a HUGE Ally McBeal fan and when she was over last year thats where we took her to see them and she recognized it right away from the opening credits on the show....Small World :D :D

Hello Celtic,

Ahh the Charles Street Bridge....I remember it well.  For my sailing lesson's I would part on the other side of the street in the Eye hospital (cannot remember the name) and walk across the bridge.  I would always stop on the top and take one last look at all the boats.  Plus it helped it always got a good breeze for cooling off.   ;D   ahhh Boston!!!!  What a city.  You are so lucky to work there...but the cost is so high.  But than you did live here so you must be use to high cost of living.   ;)

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2003, 08:02:23 PM »
MoiNouvelle,  

I just came across this thread and I wanted to send you my best...  I do not have any advise to help with since I am still in the states... I am very very sorry you are going through this...  

From one that has yet to go through the process, it tends to sound a bit scarey...

As with everyone else, my thoughts and prayers are with you and all that have to struggle so hard to be with the love we so happily found...  

I understand the need for countries to be wary of those just wanting a free ride into a new land...  but those of us that are moving for all the right reasons are paying the price and it is not right, nor fair.

take care
 shel

Hello Shel,

Thank you very much for the good thoughts.  I am sorry you had to go through the process as well.  

I do not want people to think that I am anti the law.  I would have been happy to comply if they had told us.  But we contacted them even up to a couple of days before we left and nothing was mentioned.  I can understand fully well why a country does this.  USA is the same way.  But I hate being mis-lead and lied too.  We made plans based upon information that was blantenlty incorrect.  

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2003, 08:50:18 PM »

Hello Shel,

Thank you very much for the good thoughts.  I am sorry you had to go through the process as well.  

I do not want people to think that I am anti the law.  I would have been happy to comply if they had told us.  But we contacted them even up to a couple of days before we left and nothing was mentioned.  I can understand fully well why a country does this.  USA is the same way.  But I hate being mis-lead and lied too.  We made plans based upon information that was blantenlty incorrect.  

I agree with you completely...  I too am fine to do everything by the book...  but it is unfair that they (governments) seem not to follow their same book or at least not have all the departments and employees on the same page... therefor adlibbing where they feel the power to do so...  causing anyone that they decided to smite for some reason so much frustration and stress...

You have recieved a lot of good advise in here from what I have read...  peedal especially...  Good Luck and God Speed...

Tom and I plan to marry in the states and go directly to NYC for visa...  Living with Love should not be so difficult to achieve.  LOL! [smiley=wreck.gif]
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2003, 12:02:49 PM »

I agree with you completely...  I too am fine to do everything by the book...  but it is unfair that they (governments) seem not to follow their same book or at least not have all the departments and employees on the same page... therefor adlibbing where they feel the power to do so...  causing anyone that they decided to smite for some reason so much frustration and stress...

You have recieved a lot of good advise in here from what I have read...  peedal especially...  Good Luck and God Speed...

Tom and I plan to marry in the states and go directly to NYC for visa...  Living with Love should not be so difficult to achieve.  LOL! [smiley=wreck.gif]

Hello Shel,

Congratulations on you and Tom's impending marriage.  I wish the best for the both of you.  I would call or email the NYC consulate and have everything they request.  That way they cannot cause delays.  But I have also been informed that all they care about is getting the 430USD.  

Sorry I am in a negative mood today.  I should be happy.  Yesterday Roger Gale, MP sent us a copy of the letter where he replied to Beverley Hughes, Minister of State.  It was not very nice.  He basically came out and called her in MP speak a calloused heartless cow who was working on less than the facts.  Eck.  I wonder how that will work.  I hope that will give a good kick in the pants to give us the visa.  I am just tired of being treated like a criminal and a parasite on society.  

Cheers,

[smiley=daisy.gif]

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab