Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: I could really use some advice -- deportation  (Read 4148 times)

Re: I could really use some advice -- deportation
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2003, 01:52:30 AM »
Moi, I'm with Peedal.  If the government is deporting you, it's up to them to pay for your ticket back.  Hopefully it all works out for you my dear.  Hugs.

• The Key to life is making the best of change.
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2003, 03:50:20 PM »
Moi, I'm with Peedal.  If the government is deporting you, it's up to them to pay for your ticket back.  Hopefully it all works out for you my dear.  Hugs.

Hello Elle,

Thank you for the well wishes and hugs.  It helps.  I guess I should clarify.  I have not actually been sent a deportation letter.  I am just waiting for it to arrive.  I am by my very nature a worrier.  I should just take it one day at a time though.  

cheers,

[smiley=daisy.gif]
We all have shadows of self doubt in the corners of our beings self respect is an ongoing prcoess of vigilance.  It means learning to be able to live by an internal compass. - Sara Lawrence Lightfoot

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2003, 10:30:59 PM »
I, personally (just me and what I would do) is probably wait until you get the letter.  You've got an MP involved and don't be afraid to use the press if it comes to it (although some may think that's a bit extreme).  Fact is, it appears you were misled and a complaint should be made against the home office for not telling you that things would change after 1 April.  

A solution will work it's way out for you.  :)  *hugs*

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2003, 10:15:38 AM »
I, personally (just me and what I would do) is probably wait until you get the letter.  You've got an MP involved and don't be afraid to use the press if it comes to it (although some may think that's a bit extreme).  Fact is, it appears you were misled and a complaint should be made against the home office for not telling you that things would change after 1 April.  

A solution will work it's way out for you.  :)  *hugs*

Hello Elle,

Thank you for the hugs; it was very nice of you.  I am waiting for the Home Office and the deportation letter.  I also have a two to three part attack against the Home Office and how awful they have handled the changing of the process.  I am going to Canterbury University to the law library and look up the Immigration laws as well as the EU laws regarding Family Rights as has been suggested.  Plus we have started to go to the press.  Third, Roger Gale is still fighting because I still keep pushing him.  I think Ms. Beverely Hughes has no idea what she has in store with me.  I do not give up easy nor without a full out fight for what I believe in.  I believe I have every right to live with my Husband.  

Again thank you.

Cheers,

[smiley=daisy.gif]
We all have shadows of self doubt in the corners of our beings self respect is an ongoing prcoess of vigilance.  It means learning to be able to live by an internal compass. - Sara Lawrence Lightfoot

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2003, 01:52:57 PM »

I do not give up easy nor without a full out fight for what I believe in.  

Ahhhhhh.......there's a Boston girl for ya! Good Luck Moi and keep us updated ,.....good thoughts your way from this side of the pond :) :)

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2003, 11:56:23 AM »

Ahhhhhh.......there's a Boston girl for ya! Good Luck Moi and keep us updated ,.....good thoughts your way from this side of the pond :) :)

Hi Celtic,

How is the weekend for you and the little woman?  Hope it is not raining but nothing but sunshine and warmth for you!!!

Just imagine St. Paddy's day in Boston and me...red hair and green eyes...woo hoo.  I could get away with murder...I tell you.    ::)   ;D  People even here ask me if I am Irish.  That one gets me because hey I do have an American accent.    ???

Cheers,

[smiley=daisy.gif]

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2003, 02:45:13 PM »

People even here ask me if I am Irish.  That one gets me because hey I do have an American accent.    ??

[smiley=daisy.gif]

LOL Moi.......yeah an American accent to you, but a New England accent in general or (heaven forbid!) a true Boston accent will get ya pegged as Irish over there most of the time to the untrained ear. I'd be rich if I had a dollar for every time someone said to me ...."Belfast right?"......Throw in your "ginger" hair and green eyes and there ya go!  ;D

The weather here has gone from constant rain every weekend since early May to 90+ temps with high humidity all this week, its been a really bizarre spring and start to summer weather-wise but hey ....thats New England weather right! 8) 8)

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2003, 06:22:10 PM »

LOL Moi.......yeah an American accent to you, but a New England accent in general or (heaven forbid!) a true Boston accent will get ya pegged as Irish over there most of the time to the untrained ear. I'd be rich if I had a dollar for every time someone said to me ...."Belfast right?"......Throw in your "ginger" hair and green eyes and there ya go!  ;D

The weather here has gone from constant rain every weekend since early May to 90+ temps with high humidity all this week, its been a really bizarre spring and start to summer weather-wise but hey ....thats New England weather right! 8) 8)

Hi Celtic,

I pawked my cawrr on hawvard yawrrd  -   ;D   I do not think that I have a New England/Boston accent but who knows lived there for 8 + years so could have picked one up.  Glad to know you had a great weekend.  The weather was perfect here as well!  Made for a wonderful weekend.  I hope you had a great time in Boston.  It really is one of the best cities of the world.   ;D

Cheers,

[smiley=daisy.gif]

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2003, 08:09:07 PM »

Hi Celtic,

I pawked my cawrr on hawvard yawrrd  -   ;D   I do not think that I have a New England/Boston accent but who knows lived there for 8 + years so could have picked one up.  Glad to know you had a great weekend.  The weather was perfect here as well!  Made for a wonderful weekend.  I hope you had a great time in Boston.  It really is one of the best cities of the world.   ;D

Cheers,

[smiley=daisy.gif]

Hi, My hubby is from Boston, grew up in Watertown and worked/studied at UMass Boston for quite a few years. It's a lovely place. We are going over 1st August.
Might I recommend that the paper you contact be The Sun? they have the widest readership in the UK. You might also want to check out the Home Office section of the forum at www.americanexpats.co.uk as there are a few people in a similar position to you, and getting together to go to the paper might strengthen your case. One lady on there has even started a website to try and get the cash together! I donated £10 but I don't think she has had much luck with the site.
I know it is unfair to be so bloody-minded about the visa. I also know from what I have read that it is a lot more red tape and hassle to get a visa for the US, with medicals, police reports etc. Have you considered buying your ticket to New York and visa on a credit card then paying it off when you get a job. Or could your/his family each lend you a little.
Good luck!

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2003, 07:01:16 PM »

Hi, My hubby is from Boston, grew up in Watertown and worked/studied at UMass Boston for quite a few years. It's a lovely place. We are going over 1st August.
Might I recommend that the paper you contact be The Sun? they have the widest readership in the UK. You might also want to check out the Home Office section of the forum at www.americanexpats.co.uk as there are a few people in a similar position to you, and getting together to go to the paper might strengthen your case. One lady on there has even started a website to try and get the cash together! I donated £10 but I don't think she has had much luck with the site.
I know it is unfair to be so bloody-minded about the visa. I also know from what I have read that it is a lot more red tape and hassle to get a visa for the US, with medicals, police reports etc. Have you considered buying your ticket to New York and visa on a credit card then paying it off when you get a job. Or could your/his family each lend you a little.
Good luck!

Hi Squirel,

I do understand the obtaining the Green Card is more indepth than the Spousal Visa here.  That is not my issue with the Home Office.  My main issue has always been we played by the rules and they changed them without notifying us.  I have no problems following the regulations but they cannot change the rules in mid stream.  Small children do that when they are not winning the game.  

I would love to contact the Sun.  Would you by chance have a contact name?  If so please let me know.  I have checked out the other site and might contact some of the other people going through the same ordeal as me.  No problem getting more people involved.  

As far as presedent we now have it in the fact that the Home Office allowed another couple, just like my H and I, from Canterbury have their Spousal Visa after the fact.  Therefore, we know the Home Office will bend the rules.  Now I am just waiting for the Home Office to reply to our last letter.  

Cheers,

[smiley=daisy.gif]

« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2003, 12:19:37 AM »
I'm sure if you just ring up The Sun and explain you have a story for them, they may be interested. I can see the headline 'Briton's American wife threatened with deportation while asylum seekers arrive in their thousands!'

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2003, 10:24:49 AM »
I'm sure if you just ring up The Sun and explain you have a story for them, they may be interested. I can see the headline 'Briton's American wife threatened with deportation while asylum seekers arrive in their thousands!'

Hi Squirrel,

Thank you again for the advice.  I am in the process of writing a press package to email out.  I have found most news papers now like you to email them with the story instead of calling them.  I figure if I can get everything together for them than they might be more willing to do a story since they will not have to do much work.  

Cheers,

[smiley=daisy.gif]

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab