Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Making change on Visa - Settlement application  (Read 670 times)

• Liked: 0
Making change on Visa - Settlement application
« on: February 08, 2005, 05:14:23 PM »
Hello,

On the electronic application for visa - settlement, I said my husband (Brit) was not receiving benefits, I thought it was for unemployment, welfare, etc., but now have read it's for any benefit; he in fact does receive a sick benefit for an ailment he has.

Should I change this on the application before submission or write a letter along with my application? 

Thanks for any advise.

• Liked: 8
Re: Making change on Visa - Settlement application
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 05:17:17 PM »
I haven't used fast track -- can you get back into the system to amend your application?  If so, I'd do that.  If you can't change it, I'd email the consulate (you'll get an email response faster than getting someone to pick up the phone!) and explain the situation -- they'll tell you how to handle it.

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 05:38:45 PM »
Can you be more clear on what kind of "sick benefit" he is getting? I'm not sure if it would count as a benefit for immigration reasons.

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 08:58:46 PM »
He suffers from epileptic fits.  He calls the benefit a 'sick' benefit, we call it disability in the states.  Would this count as a benefit for immigration purposes?

Thank you.

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 09:39:46 PM »
Just received clarification - it's called a 'incapacitated' benefit, so I'm not sure if it would be considered the same as disability.  Would this be a benefit that immgration would have to take into consideration?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab