Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How much?  (Read 638 times)

• Liked: 0
How much?
« on: February 09, 2005, 02:23:39 AM »
For all of you that live around London.....
How much money should my husband be making to support a family with 2 children in a safe area (nothing fancy) and be able to buy a 3 bedroom flat or house close enough to commute to London for work? We don't want to be rich but we would like to buy a house or flat.
In this site you were talking about salaries and it seems like you can live with 30k pound a year but you could not buy anything so I was wondering if you need much more than that or just a little more? Unfortunaly it looks like for my husband there are much more opportunities in London than elsewhere.
Thank you
Marilena
Marilena

• Liked: 0
Re: How much?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 09:39:27 AM »
I don't live in London but I reakon the avg SMALL house would cost a minimum of £250,000.  Based on a mortgage lender lending 3-4 times your salary you would have to be earning around 60K per year.

I may be wrong in my facts but as you would expect London is one of the most expensive places to live in the UK.

Hope this helps

Steve

• Liked: 1
Re: How much?
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 09:51:26 AM »
OUr friends have a 2 BR place in Hanwell (50 min tube ride into city).  They have a little 2 year old daughter.  Their house cost about 280,000 when they bought it, it's valued at about 345,000 now.  They make about 120,000 combined and still have financial issues ocasionally.

It depends on your mortgage....your down payment....so many things!!!!!

(edigted to say their financil issues are also saving for the future etc.  i'm talking just short term financil issues.  they invest and do quite well)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab