Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Pickle pickle  (Read 924 times)

• Unavailable for Comment.
  • Liked: 0
Pickle pickle
« on: June 22, 2003, 05:01:34 PM »
Who knows what they call normal pickles here? The only ones I've been able to find are those yucky sweet ones.
There are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared:  twins.

Re: Pickle pickle
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2003, 06:25:59 PM »
What Americans call 'pickles' are called gherkins here, think.
I dont like pickles of any description so i cant tell you if gherkins are sweet or not.  But the stuff they put on McDonalds burgers... those are called gherkins.
Someone on another American expat site said that alot of Jewish shops sell what are labelled as 'pickled cucumbers', and they said they are the same as what Americans know as pickles.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2003, 06:29:05 PM by Badger »

• Liked: 0
Re: Pickle pickle
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2003, 11:35:27 PM »
I love pickles and miss proper dill pickles. I can't stand the sweet pickles and the bread butter pickles...yuck.

I found what they call "pickled gherkins" at a co-op store.  I checked the ingredients and looked at all the dill and spices floating around in it and gave it a try...I liked em they are good.  I tried another brand of pickled gherkins and they were pretty damn bland....mostly just a vinager taste going on...terrrible, but i should have noticed that there wasn't much floating around in the pickle juice.
It tripped me out one day when i was at Costco...there was a good sized jar of dill gherkins, priced good and from germany...I read the ingredients and there wassaccharin!(artificial sweetner) in it!  I didn't even dare buy that. You can't go messin up picles like that.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab